Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: any fans of Initial D here?

Erm just out of curiousity, I did saw the anime and the way they drive is really unbelieveable. I drive but never did the "stunts" in Initial D. Ok I did speed along Upper Bouna Vista rd (Kao Long Sap San Wan) and the old Upper Thomson road, but never did attempted to "drift".Maybe some of u pple did to try these moves and were successful???pls share yr experiences. To be frank, I think my car will need constant repair if I attempt these moves.

from the videos i downloaded off the web...its possible to drive a bit like them...but i yet to see anyone drive like that in real life...

shld be quite "xiong" on ur car if u do that.....

Ninelives: u mean the bonnet is black and the rest of the car is white issit? If so, i think the owner is just making it look like those "spoon" cars..cars with black bonnets n rest of car white/or other colours for that matter....

managed to find the pics of the ae86 in singapore.
    http://www.sgforums.com/?action=thre...hread_id=41222
    is he ur fren revo?

This has got to be the most accurate replica I've seen thus far. Has the right rims, yellow foglights, font for the Fujiwara Tofu shop words, the only thing it has that the anime car didn't is the little radio antenna fairing you see ahead of the side mirror.

Third car from the left is also pretty accurate to the late-model manga Fujiwara 86 with the carbon fibre bonnet, as well as the fog lights and rims. Note the (probably) inaccurate white strip on the bumper between the two headlights though.

Originally posted by kongg
    Erm just out of curiousity, I did saw the anime and the way they drive is really unbelieveable. I drive but never did the "stunts" in Initial D. Ok I did speed along Upper Bouna Vista rd (Kao Long Sap San Wan) and the old Upper Thomson road, but never did attempted to "drift".Maybe some of u pple did to try these moves and were successful???pls share yr experiences. To be frank, I think my car will need constant repair if I attempt these moves.
    South Buona Vista Road. Its also known as "Gao kook sup sam wan" in Cantonese (which literally means 9 kinks and 13 bends), which I believe you were trying to translate.

I don't think there are that many corners as the name suggests though. Perhaps its been straightened out in the lower part of the road.

Even driving slow the bends are pretty sharp. Be careful when you're having fun.

Anyway I don't think anyone does drifting seriously in Singapore. The costs of repair are just too high. The hardcore drifters in Japan replace their body panels almost on a weekly basis (you can spot a drift car by the multicoloured ill-fitting panels). Some do it on tracks specially designed for the purpose, which is way safer, and some do it on open mountain passes like what is shown on Initial-D. I have a video of a duel between an RX-7 FC3S and a R32 Skyline, just look for me on IRC in the Clubsnap channel.

In the mountains it seems to be called Touge, and the rules, I am not sure if all you have to do is stay with your opponent or close the gap, or you have to overtake him like the story in Initial D. I tend to think its the former, if you drop your opponent, you win, but if your opponent catches up on you, you lose.
    Last edited by r32; 14th June 2003 at 09:09 PM.

Yeah R32 u are rite. Its the place I am toking abt. Heard there were illegal races in the 70s and some drivers were killed. But its fun esp at the extreme turns. Always feel a rush of adrenaline when I speed thru there.

Mystix: i gotta check his name with my gf bro..cos its his friend...

My god...i think he just found himself a stalker....kekeke

my friend downloaded some video clip on the net, man these japanese really can drift.

Resurrecting an old thread,

the LTA just completed resurfacing South Bouna Vista Road not too long ago. Nice new tarmac, but its not fantastically grippy if you're trying to carry some speed into the corner. Your tires begin to break loose before you can feel the cornering G-forces come in.

How do I know? Erm, I just know, ok?

Quote Originally Posted by kongg

i downloaded so clips from japanese website. it demostrates drifting with real car.

it is real.
    Objection !!!

On one of my trips to Japan, I got to know this classmate of my friends who was really into this mountain racing stuff. So one weekend he brought us up to some super remote hill in Wakayama where there was many of the teams from the Kinki region gather.

And no joke, the teams really have their own motifs and names and they really have guys along the roads to look for police and other traffic. But it's really more dangerous than in Initial D, because some of these guys were like drinking their ass off and in some places, they dun have very strong railings to stop cars from going over the edge.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123