Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Powerful sucker

  1. #1

    Default Powerful sucker

    Connect this battery to that device and get one powerful sucker that also blows at your face while you vacuum So fun, luckily I didnt throw it away.


  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Powerful sucker

    1.2 x 6 = 7.2V leh... of course power lah... u are pushing it to the limit from 4.8V to 7.2V
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Powerful sucker

    If all the components inside are rated for higher voltage, then it should run fine... else something will fry.

    If it runs fine for some time, then it should be ok. Just keep a fire extinguisher nearby.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Powerful sucker

    Quote Originally Posted by nottipiglet View Post
    If all the components inside are rated for higher voltage, then it should run fine... else something will fry.

    If it runs fine for some time, then it should be ok. Just keep a fire extinguisher nearby.

    There are no components inside the vacuum, only one motor and I modified it to take 7.2V, wires also changed to 12AWG to take high current of 6-8A. My room has never been so cleaned.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Powerful sucker

    go offer black & decker your new combo... and oso include in the new cyclone series... i've lost hope in such cleaners...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Powerful sucker

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    go offer black & decker your new combo... and oso include in the new cyclone series... i've lost hope in such cleaners...

    Their stock battery is useless. Put in high capacity batteries and it becomes a powerful vacuum. Their build in charger are also hopeless. I use proper charger to condition the battery. Works like a charm

  7. #7

    Default Re: Powerful sucker

    Quote Originally Posted by Sniper ShutterBug View Post
    Their stock battery is useless. Put in high capacity batteries and it becomes a powerful vacuum. Their build in charger are also hopeless. I use proper charger to condition the battery. Works like a charm
    Thanks for the tip. Too bad I don't know where my old vacuum went. Maybe I can mod the car vac. That one takes 12v. If I put in a battery pack with 8x 1.5v rechargeable batteries... it should do a good job.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Powerful sucker

    Quote Originally Posted by nottipiglet View Post
    Thanks for the tip. Too bad I don't know where my old vacuum went. Maybe I can mod the car vac. That one takes 12v. If I put in a battery pack with 8x 1.5v rechargeable batteries... it should do a good job.
    rechargables are 1.2 only... if u talk about AA or AAA.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Powerful sucker

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    rechargables are 1.2 only... if u talk about AA or AAA.
    I think they rate them lower... but when I measure them with a multimeter after a full charge, they are above 1.2v. Usually around 1.3-1.4v?
    Last edited by nottipiglet; 7th December 2007 at 11:53 PM. Reason: typo

  10. #10

    Default Re: Powerful sucker

    Quote Originally Posted by nottipiglet View Post
    I think they rate them lower... but when I measure them with a multimeter after a full charge, they are above 1.2v. Usually around 1.3-1.4v?
    The battery pack shown in the pic are sub C cells and they discharge at 1.22V under load. Those other lower sub C batery pack like 2400mah discharge at 1.16V under load.
    My wife got a shock when the modded vacuum was turn on for the first time using this new battery pack

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •