Thread: plugins to simulate film colours

Default plugins to simulate film colours

hi all,

does anyone know if there are softwares or photoshop plugins that will simulate the look of certain types of film (e.g. velvia, NPH. Tri-X....etc)???
    any experience on using them?

reason why i ask is because the colours from my DSLR is less then inspiring and i am looking for solutions.

thanks!

Default Re: plugins to simulate film colours

Originally posted by beachbum
    hi all,

does anyone know if there are softwares or photoshop plugins that will simulate the look of certain types of film (e.g. velvia, NPH. Tri-X....etc)???

reason why i ask is because the colours from my DSLR is less then inspiring and i am looking for solutions.

thanks!
    just adjust the saturation in photoshop.

Deregistered

Offhand, I believe there are, though the are more likely to be a generic "look" kind rather than mimic specific film types. If I remember correctly, you get filters like "brillance" or "warmth" or "1/2-positive" and things like that. And its supposedly a very old filter package.

Will check with my friend who runs a lab.

thanks azure.

perhaps i am not very good with PS, but i don't seems to be able to get the kind of richness even when i increase the saturation. what's is more likely to happen when saturation is boasted is that there will be some colour shift and certain colours will block - looks rather artificial.

thanks azure.

perhaps i am not very good with PS, but i don't seems to be able to get the kind of richness even when i increase the saturation. what's is more likely to happen when saturation is boasted is that there will be some colour shift and certain colours will block - looks rather artificial.
    that's over saturation

Default Re: plugins to simulate film colours

The most famous would probably be Digital Velvia by Fred Miranda.
    Not free though.
    http://www.fredmiranda.com/shopping/catalogue.php?cat=7

..NuTs..

hi all,

thanks!