Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 63

Thread: Blank Dvd R prices

  1. #41
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: Blank Dvd R prices

    Quote Originally Posted by garou12 View Post
    how much is too much?
    If you buy a single DVD-+ DL disc it can cause you about $8.50 give or take. Or get 5 disc for about $35-38.

  2. #42

    Default Re: Blank Dvd R prices

    50s DVD-R should range from $26-$30
    last check at sls on tue

  3. #43

    Default Re: Blank Dvd R prices

    Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    If you buy a single DVD-+ DL disc it can cause you about $8.50 give or take. Or get 5 disc for about $35-38.
    dvd -+ = rewriterable?

  4. #44
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: Blank Dvd R prices

    Quote Originally Posted by garou12 View Post
    dvd -+ = rewriterable?
    no...write once heheh..made a typo lah. Should have been DVD +R DL (8.5gig)

  5. #45

    Default Re: Blank Dvd R prices

    for R+ DL disks, the shop I suggested earlier in this thread charged me ~$50 (I think it was $48 but cannot remember exactly) for 10 pieces Verbatim in a small spindle... and that was some time back

  6. #46
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Serangoon, Singapore
    Posts
    855

    Default Re: Blank Dvd R prices

    I think regarding DVD Rs, just need to walk around SLS or Funan. check the prices of the shops there and buy frm the cheapest u can find. You can even try to bargain, maybe u'll get $1-2 off their prices there should be considered quite good even w/o bargain.

    Just don't buy from popular or challenger store, their prices usu. more ex.
    EOS 6D | GH4 | LX100 | HERO4

  7. #47

    Default Re: Blank Dvd R prices

    Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    no...write once heheh..made a typo lah. Should have been DVD +R DL (8.5gig)
    wa quite unworth it le.

  8. #48
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: Blank Dvd R prices

    Quote Originally Posted by GmbH. View Post
    i paid $20 for 50pcs of TDK DVD+R

    is it cheap or expensive?
    cheap, where did u get it?
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

  9. #49

    Default Re: Blank Dvd R prices

    Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    cheap, where did u get it?
    str8 from the supplier who supplies to the shops in SLS

  10. #50
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: Blank Dvd R prices

    Quote Originally Posted by garou12 View Post
    wa quite unworth it le.
    heheheh now you know why I say "way too much" heheh... It has not reach that "soft spot" pricing yet for these double layer ones as not many would want to buy it.

    I was already hesitance for a long time when I change from CDR to DVD. I look at it this way, if I have a scratch on a CDR I lose 650 to 700mb of data. But if the same thing happen to a DVD..I lose 4.7gigabyte of my photos I shot or whatever I record leh heheheh...

    So I try to alway keep two copies of all my photos I shoot. I will be my working copy and the other is for cold storage.

  11. #51

    Default Re: Blank Dvd R prices

    Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    heheheh now you know why I say "way too much" heheh... It has not reach that "soft spot" pricing yet for these double layer ones as not many would want to buy it.

    I was already hesitance for a long time when I change from CDR to DVD. I look at it this way, if I have a scratch on a CDR I lose 650 to 700mb of data. But if the same thing happen to a DVD..I lose 4.7gigabyte of my photos I shot or whatever I record leh heheheh...

    So I try to alway keep two copies of all my photos I shoot. I will be my working copy and the other is for cold storage.
    o there's a easy solution to fix scratched disks that my old roommate taught me. wanna know?

  12. #52

    Default Re: Blank Dvd R prices

    Quote Originally Posted by garou12 View Post
    o there's a easy solution to fix scratched disks that my old roommate taught me. wanna know?
    yeah i wanna know.

    can PM me if not convenient

  13. #53
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: Blank Dvd R prices

    Quote Originally Posted by garou12 View Post
    o there's a easy solution to fix scratched disks that my old roommate taught me. wanna know?
    heheh I am pretty much a techie geek about stuff like that but thanks. What I mean when I say scratch is not about getting the bottom portion scratch. THAT you can use a light polishing liquid like Brasso and you use a lint free cloth and you rub it down till you smoothen it enough ( to rid the surface of a deep scratch) to make the CD readable again.

    YOu can also use Brasso and rub down to smoother some of the scratch from your ipod too for those who did not know that and was con into buying some expensive apple product to archieve the same thing heheheh

    For those who don't know.....If you want to permanently scratch your CD beyond repair...you do that by scratching the top side of the CD. Just take a key or something sharp and scratch off the top text or whatever you see on the top from the inner portion moving outwards heheh.. .
    Last edited by sammy888; 25th January 2008 at 05:43 PM.

  14. #54

    Default Re: Blank Dvd R prices

    Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    heheh I am pretty much a techie geek about stuff like that but thanks. What I mean when I say scratch is not about getting the bottom portion scratch. THAT you can use a light polishing liquid like Brasso and you use a lint free cloth and you rub it down till you smoothen it enough ( to rid the surface of a deep scratch) to make the CD readable again.

    YOu can also use Brasso and rub down to smoother some of the scratch from your ipod too for those who did not know that and was con into buying some expensive apple product to archieve the same thing heheheh

    For those who don't know.....If you want to permanently scratch your CD beyond repair...you do that by scratching the top side of the CD. Just take a key or something sharp and scratch off the top text or whatever you see on the top from the inner portion moving outwards heheh.. .
    nope my solution uses something more mundane than polishing liquid

  15. #55
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: Blank Dvd R prices

    Quote Originally Posted by garou12 View Post
    nope my solution uses something more mundane than polishing liquid
    not something 'organic' like saliva i hope hahahahaha

  16. #56

    Default Re: Blank Dvd R prices

    Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    not something 'organic' like saliva i hope hahahahaha
    heck no not that mundane

  17. #57

    Default Re: Blank Dvd R prices

    Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    Well sometime there are some slight price difference due to other reasons like the type of dye used, some comes with lightscribe surface to use on writers that can etch images on the top side...etc. Some of the cheapers ones I don't like to use as they tend to fail or you have write errors which can happen when you least expect it....even after you have verify it. Some don't even last a year or more if you used it often.

    Anyway I download tons of songs, movies .etc heheh so I go through a a hundred a month. I also find that my DVD writer writes without problem with DVD +R but if I use -R I have alot of "coaster disc" if don't use a 4X recording speed instead of 8X or 16X. So sometimes I would not sting on brands and pay the average price for that better sense of security.
    knn my dvd-r batch turn out to be alot of turkeys after burning at 16x. Never using -r again! Very disappointed with Sony. Death to -R!

  18. #58
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Blank Dvd R prices

    Quote Originally Posted by garou12 View Post
    knn my dvd-r batch turn out to be alot of turkeys after burning at 16x. Never using -r again! Very disappointed with Sony. Death to -R!
    u got update your dvdr burner firmware anot...

    some old drive cannot take new media... i burnt alot of coasters before, then i know there is firmware upgrade for drives... updated and no more coasters.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  19. #59

    Default Re: Blank Dvd R prices

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    u got update your dvdr burner firmware anot...

    some old drive cannot take new media... i burnt alot of coasters before, then i know there is firmware upgrade for drives... updated and no more coasters.
    how to check? the funny thing is -r is not considered new media, its actually older than + since it had 7 years on +! Did alotta of reading up on the - + discs last nite, supremely cheesed off but confirmed that - are inferior esp since i never had this issue with + discs, had one of my burnt - discs suddenly read as blank last nite!
    Last edited by garou12; 22nd February 2008 at 08:50 AM.

  20. #60
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Blank Dvd R prices

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    u got update your dvdr burner firmware anot...

    some old drive cannot take new media... i burnt alot of coasters before, then i know there is firmware upgrade for drives... updated and no more coasters.
    how did you find out about the update of firmware?
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •