Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 81

Thread: Rights to bear arms for some have resulted in lost of rights to live for others

  1. #21

    Default Re: Rights to bear arms for some have resulted in lost of rights to live for others

    Quote Originally Posted by wildstallion View Post
    Ok, take your ridiculous point. Its fair easier for the school to defend against an SUV then a hidden pistol in a rucksack!
    ...by what, installing anti-suv fences?

    you do realise that all this could be indirectly linked to politicking, do you

    guns are always a major discussion point, but no one dares to even step into the mess of banning automobiles, for example

    and we all know how the media is run in the us. a powerful tool, like it or not.

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Clementi, Singapore
    Posts
    2,836

    Default Re: Rights to bear arms for some have resulted in lost of rights to live for others

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    ...by what, installing anti-suv fences?

    you do realise that all this could be indirectly linked to politicking, do you

    guns are always a major discussion point, but no one dares to even step into the mess of banning automobiles, for example

    and we all know how the media is run in the us. a powerful tool, like it or not.
    By building a small wall. Which most have anyway.

    This thread has nothing to do with automobiles, stick to the point. Its about guns, and peoples right to own one.

    Banning the automobile will be far far harder than banning guns.

  3. #23

    Default Re: Rights to bear arms for some have resulted in lost of rights to live for others

    Quote Originally Posted by wildstallion View Post
    By building a small wall. Which most have anyway.

    This thread has nothing to do with automobiles, stick to the point. Its about guns, and peoples right to own one.

    Banning the automobile will be far far harder than banning guns.
    teehee

    read these two links

    link1
    link2

    steven levitt likes arguing against anti-gun laws, hurhur

  4. #24

    Default Re: Rights to bear arms for some have resulted in lost of rights to live for others

    HEADLINE....
    woman and child get killed by elderly person driving car...

    ok, let's make a law banning old people from driving. let's make a law banning cars.


    HEADLINE...
    Man dies from food poisoning at an eatery

    ok, let's outlaw eateries too

    HEADLINE...
    man gets killed from drunk driver

    ok, let's ban alcohol and cars


    HEADLINE...
    man stabs wife in marital argument

    ok, let's ban knives and marriage


    how stupid do we want to be...every situation has different circumstances.


    HEADLINES...
    singapore invaded, army wasted, citizens have no means to try to defend themselves.


    i mean, how do you guys want to play this out... have some common sense and realize not every situation is the same. what if a 5 burglars broke into a house and the homeowner shot the intruders...wow

    HEADLINES...
    mom saves family

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Clementi, Singapore
    Posts
    2,836

    Default Re: Rights to bear arms for some have resulted in lost of rights to live for others

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    teehee

    read these two links

    link1
    link2

    steven levitt likes arguing against anti-gun laws, hurhur
    Yes you may shove 'the facts are all wrong' down my throat I dont care, however 9 people just lost their lives because someone was allowed legally to own a firearm. This is a fact. These 9 people are now nothing but a statistic thanks to the availability of guns.

  6. #26

    Default Re: Rights to bear arms for some have resulted in lost of rights to live for others

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawaiisg View Post
    HEADLINE....
    woman and child get killed by elderly person driving car...

    ok, let's make a law banning old people from driving.
    that's an episode of south park

  7. #27

    Default Re: Rights to bear arms for some have resulted in lost of rights to live for others

    Quote Originally Posted by wildstallion View Post
    Yes you may shove 'the facts are all wrong' down my throat I dont care, however 9 people just lost their lives because someone was allowed legally to own a firearm. This is a fact. These 9 people are now nothing but a statistic thanks to the availability of guns.
    let's just give a rubbish number, because we know that there will be people who die during sex

    ok, 1000 people die during sex each year

    this is a fact.

    these 1000 people are now nothing but a statistic thanks to the availability of sex

    let's ban sex!

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Clementi, Singapore
    Posts
    2,836

    Default Re: Rights to bear arms for some have resulted in lost of rights to live for others

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    let's just give a rubbish number, because we know that there will be people who die during sex

    ok, 1000 people die during sex each year

    this is a fact.

    these 1000 people are now nothing but a statistic thanks to the availability of sex

    let's ban sex!
    Very mature. Stop jumping on the bandwagon of ban this ban that. This is not my point. This is a serious issue where something really has to be banned, i.e. the right to own a firearm. Its mostly all politics anyway.

    Lets not be silly by saying ban this ban that, ban this aso can etc.

    What are you trying to contribute or say here, so far all ive got from you is sex kills and schools need to build an SUV fence. Your point about eliminating rage is a dream at that. Use your head and think about this. Stop arguing for the sake of arguing, so far you have no reasonable points or contributions.
    Last edited by wildstallion; 6th December 2007 at 07:25 PM.

  9. #29

    Default Re: Rights to bear arms for some have resulted in lost of rights to live for others

    it's a right to bear arms...
    what is arms, in colonial terms, it means guns...or a means to defend yourself.

    if i use my car to run you over because i had to kill you defend myself, then my car is my "arms" it's been argued over and over in u.s. courts. we are not talking about a right to have guns, we are talking about having a right by any means necessary to defend yourself.

    in metaphoric terms this is about guns, this is about cars, this is about kitchen knives, this is about alcohol... and yes it is about social and personal responsibility. this man could have easily have chosen to drive his car through a crowded parking lot.... and what, who is going to come here and say let's ban cars? it is about cars, it's about many things... more importantly it is about individual responsibility

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Clementi, Singapore
    Posts
    2,836

    Default Re: Rights to bear arms for some have resulted in lost of rights to live for others

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawaiisg View Post
    it's a right to bear arms...
    what is arms, in colonial terms, it means guns...or a means to defend yourself.

    if i use my car to run you over because i had to kill you defend myself, then my car is my "arms" it's been argued over and over in u.s. courts. we are not talking about a right to have guns, we are talking about having a right by any means necessary to defend yourself.

    in metaphoric terms this is about guns, this is about cars, this is about kitchen knives, this is about alcohol... and yes it is about social and personal responsibility. this man could have easily have chosen to drive his car through a crowded parking lot.... and what, who is going to come here and say let's ban cars? it is about cars, it's about many things... more importantly it is about individual responsibility
    Yes, but also, this is about guns. Guns are what we keep hearing about, guns are killing innocent people in shopping malls, not kitchen knives or a car park rampaging murderers in SUV's.

    But yes, its definitely all about individual responsibility.

  11. #31

    Default Re: Rights to bear arms for some have resulted in lost of rights to live for others

    which is my point...
    if the news today was maniac driver instead of guns... are you going to be posting on this message board to ban or regulate cars?

    people be honest with yourself, you are all being selective and it is the word gun or shooting that triggered this post. i'm telling you if the headline today was maniac driver you will be talking about the maniac driver, not his car

    yes it is unfortunate, but there is a greater cause to let people have guns and there is even a greater cause for social responsibility as opposed to banning everything.

    if you had a gun, would you not be smart enough to be responsible with it? i think you would be, and likewise most americans are. i'm for perhaps safer measures but again, a man happily driving and going to see his children is a different driver from a man who caught his girl cheating... and gun owners are the same.

  12. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Clementi, Singapore
    Posts
    2,836

    Default Re: Rights to bear arms for some have resulted in lost of rights to live for others

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawaiisg View Post
    which is my point...
    if the news today was maniac driver instead of guns... are you going to be posting on this message board to ban or regulate cars?

    people be honest with yourself, you are all being selective and it is the word gun or shooting that triggered this post. i'm telling you if the headline today was maniac driver you will be talking about the maniac driver, not his car

    yes it is unfortunate, but there is a greater cause to let people have guns and there is even a greater cause for social responsibility as opposed to banning everything.

    if you had a gun, would you not be smart enough to be responsible with it? i think you would be, and likewise most americans are. i'm for perhaps safer measures but again, a man happily driving and going to see his children is a different driver from a man who caught his girl cheating... and gun owners are the same.
    You have hit the nail on the head here. But, is there really a need for people to own a gun when it can cause so much devastation and loss of life with just one bullet.

    The amendment to the constitution needs to be changed. In a 'developed' country there should be no need for the public to own a gun to take the law into their own hands.

  13. #33

    Default Re: Rights to bear arms for some have resulted in lost of rights to live for others

    i agree with you somewhat,

    it is people and their stupidity or lack of social responsibility cause devastation

    regarding developed countries and taking laws into their own hands...well, more or less, the U.S. was born by citizens taking laws into their own hands and fighting an oppressive government. the people have not forgotten how the individual's ability to bear arms and form militias was what helped the country begin, right a government they felt was wrong, and partly helps to ensure the government will never trample the rights of people again. true, its an ideology and maybe is it outdated, i don't know... which is why i do not think guns will ever be outlawed.

    here's a thought for you... if guns were legal here and citizens had them, how do you think things would be?
    i bet almost all of you cannot even imagine the thought of having a gun in your house. it's a foreign thought, quite alien isn't it... quite a somber thought even.

    i only kept one because once i left the military my belief was that america's biggest enemy was itself.

  14. #34

    Default Re: Rights to bear arms for some have resulted in lost of rights to live for others

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawaiisg View Post

    here's a thought for you... if guns were legal here and citizens had them, how do you think things would be?
    i bet almost all of you cannot even imagine the thought of having a gun in your house. it's a foreign thought, quite alien isn't it... quite a somber thought even.
    this place would be so dramatically different...it'll be like being thru the looking glass...

  15. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,644

    Default Re: Rights to bear arms for some have resulted in lost of rights to live for others

    Quote Originally Posted by wildstallion View Post
    This is rubbish. Whilst size makes it harder it is not unstoppable, just because a country is bigger doesnt make it impossible. They have more police and more manpower compared to Singapore, so that makes up for its size.

    The problem is its written into the constitution, and everyone in America treats this as the bible. The only way to enforce a no arms policy is to make the price of the weapons extremely high or place a huge fine on anyone with a firearm. Whilst gangs and people will still be getting weapons, the troubled teens that have been shooting teh country to pieces will find it extremely difficult to do so.

    The freedom to own a fire arm has now come at the expense of peoples lives. This is no longer a freedom but a burden on the people. Something must be done.
    It's the Bill of Rights, not the Constitution but it's there because it was once important for each house to have a firearm of some sort. At the time it went into effect, they had recently won independence from England and there weren't a nationwide network of police and phones and radios didn't exist. People were called quickly to go after criminals and they had to have a weapon.

    Today, we have police, county sheriff's departments, state police, and national guard who take care of us. It's unnecessary for the average U.S. citizen to have a gun but hunting is legal and many people use guns for that. There is even a small city in Georgia (Kennesaw?) that requires each household to own a gun.

    The trouble is that people are ignorant and the criminals get a good deal from the National Rifle Association. The NRA in this state helped push a law to erase the sales information from pawn shops which sold guns. If the information isn't accessed by police in 48 hours, it's gone. Criminals and others can easily buy guns and, even if it was previously used in a crime, no store will have a record.

    I've been around guns quite a bit and had a gun held on me two different times and, while I understand their proper purpose, I don't think anyone but the police, etc. need one.

  16. #36

    Default Re: Rights to bear arms for some have resulted in lost of rights to live for others

    I second that.

    It really ain't no fun to draw out a firearm.

    They're heavy, they're bulky, people look at you funny, not cleared cannot leave camp and worse of all, you can't even shoot when you feel like it.

    I'd much rather have a camera!

  17. #37

    Default Re: Rights to bear arms for some have resulted in lost of rights to live for others

    Quote Originally Posted by bousozoku View Post
    It's the Bill of Rights.
    for England it is. The US It's the 2nd Amendment

  18. #38

    Default Re: Rights to bear arms for some have resulted in lost of rights to live for others

    Quote Originally Posted by sprintist View Post
    not forgetting citizen soldiers in switzerland.. they're so peaceful
    Yes i was told all of them are required to keep arms in their houses. But I havent read about mad killing sprees there.

  19. #39

    Default Re: Rights to bear arms for some have resulted in lost of rights to live for others

    Quote Originally Posted by wildstallion View Post
    Very mature. Stop jumping on the bandwagon of ban this ban that. This is not my point. This is a serious issue where something really has to be banned, i.e. the right to own a firearm. Its mostly all politics anyway.

    Lets not be silly by saying ban this ban that, ban this aso can etc.

    What are you trying to contribute or say here, so far all ive got from you is sex kills and schools need to build an SUV fence. Your point about eliminating rage is a dream at that. Use your head and think about this. Stop arguing for the sake of arguing, so far you have no reasonable points or contributions.
    i'm following your logic

    glad to see that you can't see your own logic working

    reread your posts, you'll see what i mean
    i'm just applying your logic to other things that kill

  20. #40

    Default Re: Rights to bear arms for some have resulted in lost of rights to live for others

    Quote Originally Posted by wildstallion View Post
    Yes, but also, this is about guns. Guns are what we keep hearing about, guns are killing innocent people in shopping malls, not kitchen knives or a car park rampaging murderers in SUV's.

    But yes, its definitely all about individual responsibility.
    there are cars that kill
    there are kitchen knives that kill

    you just don't see it because it's NOT hyped up beyond belief

    to draw a parallel analogy
    china goods are manufactured with low standards, they create disasters sometimes
    so do some goods from india, so do some goods from vietnam

    YET, do you hear about those much? no, the main thing you hear about is china goods being dangerous. the media controls our perceptions - but the truth is out there if you bother to read more

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •