Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will you buy a camera previously owned by someone who died?

Default Re: Will you buy a camera previously owned by someone who died?

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    I bought a camera body with 2 tooth dents on it.

I was told it was owned by a photographer who was killed while shooting a TFCD wih a vivacious vampire. I guessed she got thirsty.
    din kno of any cam tt could quench thirst de leh...

morphy
    Guests

Maybe. Depending on the camera.

don't really mind if it's much cheaper

imagine one day when u see into the viewfinder, u saw the previous owner looking straight into your eyes... ~!

Quote Originally Posted by raincool2005 View Post
    imagine one day when u see into the viewfinder, u saw the previous owner looking straight into your eyes... ~!
    say halo to him. and politely ask if he dont mind his photo to be taken then you can sell that to many newspaper liao, also after famous you can sell the camera on ebay. :P

I don't think he will reply la offer his some "money" first take this scientifically, in order for u to see him in the photo u nid a filter that can see only the "special electromagnetic signal" that we can't see an example would be infrared right? If we find that frequency we then we just unlocked the key to the demon world

This thought has occurred to me.

I have bought used cameras.
    Then again, I always think that if the previous owner has died, - if he was an ardent photography hobbyist, would be happy that his camera is now in the possession of some one who takes great care of it, respects the gadget and likes the hobby as much as he did.

I may be frightened initially if his ghost appears. But later on maybe can talk coc and share hobby tips. And he may be a former member of Club-Snap too. Watch out those who sent him nasty messages on Club-Snap.

The same legacy issue happens with houses, expensive watches and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    This thought has occurred to me.

I have bought used cameras.
    Then again, I always think that if the previous owner has died, - if he was an ardent photography hobbyist, would be happy that his camera is now in the possession of some one who takes great care of it, respects the gadget and likes the hobby as much as he did.

I may be frightened initially if his ghost appears. But later on maybe can talk coc and share hobby tips. And he may be a former member of Club-Snap too. Watch out those who sent him nasty messages on Club-Snap.

The same legacy issue happens with houses, expensive watches and so on.
    have u watched war movies ? they took off the combat boots off the dead enemy, search for watches and gold teeth..

Haha

New story line for movies.. Shutter was a great hit.. I believe this will make an even better story.

Shouldn't be a problem...Just take on the mentality as an antique collector. If I am able to find a confirmed thousand year old bowl that I like at a affordable price, I could have bought it well knowing that quite a number of people have eaten from the bowl had been long dead already. Of course if it is confirmed antique, most likely it would not be at a price I can afford.
    Last edited by cairocks; 10th December 2007 at 03:21 PM.

heard from a true story.. a photographer from the media.. taking shots of those murder scene, death scenes as part of his job.. eventually things happened .. and he went blind..

sold his camera cheaply, the next owner took shots and find it strange when developing photos, seeing "unearthly people at the scene when there werent when he took it. only to realise that the pics that he developed were what happened in the past, or going to happen..

after a while he got scared, but he cant stop shooting. the moment he stop, he;s haunted by things... and fate met him with the owner, and he told the story... and he went blind was because , unable to take it anymore , he pulled out his own eyes .....

eeeriee

Quote Originally Posted by NeTHaCk View Post
    heard from a true story.. a photographer from the media.. taking shots of those murder scene, death scenes as part of his job.. eventually things happened .. and he went blind..

sold his camera cheaply, the next owner took shots and find it strange when developing photos, seeing "unearthly people at the scene when there werent when he took it. only to realise that the pics that he developed were what happened in the past, or going to happen..

after a while he got scared, but he cant stop shooting. the moment he stop, he;s haunted by things... and fate met him with the owner, and he told the story... and he went blind was because , unable to take it anymore , he pulled out his own eyes .....

eeeriee
    Hmmm... like that I'll take a pic of the toto ticket every minute.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12