Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 42

Thread: Leica Cameras

  1. #1

    Default Leica Cameras

    Anyone here uses Leicas? Any opinions or comments on their cameras, film and digital? Ok. I know their M8 is no longer crap.
    Last edited by flipfreak; 5th December 2007 at 11:07 AM.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Leica Cameras

    i ve never shot a leica in my life, but M8 is crap? base on wat?

    tis will start a war !!!!!

  3. #3

    Default Re: Leica Cameras

    Last edited by flipfreak; 5th December 2007 at 11:04 AM.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Leica Cameras

    Quote Originally Posted by attap seed View Post
    i ve never shot a leica in my life, but M8 is crap?
    Why do you think M8 is crap?

    Personally I don't own Leica cameras but I know people who own them. I have handled the M8 myself. It is definitely far from crap.

  5. #5
    Senior Member felixcat8888's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    9,148

    Default Re: Leica Cameras

    The M8 has been fixed via new firmware. New M8s now do not exhibit these issues. Based on reviews I have read . . .
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2



  6. #6

    Default Re: Leica Cameras

    Quote Originally Posted by flipfreak View Post
    You believe these guys??? They are paid to say good things and I don't think Leica pays them well.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Leica Cameras

    ok. i stand corrected then. with the new firmware, the m8 is not crap.

    what abt the other models? film ones.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Leica Cameras

    Quote Originally Posted by photobum View Post
    You believe these guys??? They are paid to say good things and I don't think Leica pays them well.
    i take everything with a pinch of salt, coming from publications that does reviews. but i do tend to compare features against price.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Leica Cameras

    Quote Originally Posted by flipfreak View Post
    ok. i stand corrected then. with the new firmware, the m8 is not crap.

    what abt the other models? film ones.
    Two words.... Different breed.

    Leica cameras are a different breed of animal from your usual Canon, Nikon, Sony, Olympus or Pentax. You have to handle and shoot with one to believe. Remember, when you shoot with a Leica film camera, use transparency films. Otherwise, you will not see much differences.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Leica Cameras

    Quote Originally Posted by flipfreak View Post
    i take everything with a pinch of salt, coming from publications that does reviews. but i do tend to compare features against price.
    Leica cameras are legendary, both in image quality and build quality. Otherwise, why would people want to pay so much for them.

    Presently, China has the largest number of Leica owners in the world. It is also one of the best place to buy Leica cameras, lenses and accessories.
    Last edited by photobum; 5th December 2007 at 11:16 AM.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Leica Cameras

    Quote Originally Posted by photobum View Post
    Two words.... Different breed.

    Leica cameras are a different breed of animal from your usual Canon, Nikon, Sony, Olympus or Pentax. You have to handle and shoot with one to believe. Remember, when you shoot with a Leica film camera, use transparency films. Otherwise, you will not see much differences.
    was wondering whether the R9 is a good buy?

  12. #12

    Default Re: Leica Cameras

    Quote Originally Posted by photobum View Post
    Leica cameras are legendary, both in image quality and build quality. Otherwise, why would people want to pay so much for them.

    Presently, China has the largest number of Leica owners in the world. It is also one of the best place to buy Leica cameras, lenses and accessories.
    IQ aside, i have read of bad experience with the QC for the cams. If anything were to go wrong, the cam have to be sent back to germany?

  13. #13

    Default Re: Leica Cameras

    Quote Originally Posted by flipfreak View Post
    was wondering whether the R9 is a good buy?
    Leica is famous for its M-series rangefinder cameras. The R-series cameras are good but their value don't hold as well.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Leica Cameras

    Quote Originally Posted by flipfreak View Post
    IQ aside, i have read of bad experience with the QC for the cams. If anything were to go wrong, the cam have to be sent back to germany?
    Even Canon and Nikon have bad QCs.

    There is always a local service centre for your Leica. Otherwise, there are many people I know who know how to service them. Steven Lee at Camera Hospital is one of them. Steven is a Leica user himself.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Leica Cameras

    Quote Originally Posted by photobum View Post
    Leica is famous for its M-series rangefinder cameras. The R-series cameras are good but their value don't hold as well.
    yeah. i know but i sort of like how u can strap on a digital back on the R9 and use it as a dslr too. although at the price, most ppl will get a D3 or 1D Mk III.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Leica Cameras

    Quote Originally Posted by photobum View Post
    Even Canon and Nikon have bad QCs.

    There is always a local service centre for your Leica. Otherwise, there are many people I know who know how to service them. Steven Lee at Camera Hospital is one of them. Steven is a Leica user himself.
    of cos. but i would have expected better QC from germans.

    i see. what kind of price range for the m series are we looking at? i have not asked around yet.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Leica Cameras

    Quote Originally Posted by flipfreak View Post
    yeah. i know but i sort of like how u can strap on a digital back on the R9 and use it as a dslr too. although at the price, most ppl will get a D3 or 1D Mk III.
    When you shoot with a Leica, forget about putting a digital back. It is either you use a M8 or something else. If I am to shoot with a digital back, I will use a Hasselblad instead.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Leica Cameras

    Quote Originally Posted by flipfreak View Post
    of cos. but i would have expected better QC from germans.

    i see. what kind of price range for the m series are we looking at? i have not asked around yet.
    More than $2,000 in Singapore for a used film body with decent condition.

  19. #19

    Default Re: Leica Cameras

    Quote Originally Posted by photobum View Post
    When you shoot with a Leica, forget about putting a digital back. It is either you use a M8 or something else. If I am to shoot with a digital back, I will use a Hasselblad instead.
    its the flexibility really. hassy?

  20. #20

    Default Re: Leica Cameras

    Quote Originally Posted by photobum View Post
    More than $2,000 in Singapore for a used film body with decent condition.
    mmmm ... sound reasonable i think. brand new more than 3k?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •