Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Interested in :- 1970 Petrus

  1. #1

    Talking Interested in :- 1970 Petrus

    Anybody got that?

  2. #2

    Default

    Wah even before I was born!

  3. #3
    Senior Member Ansel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Land Downunder
    Posts
    2,207

    Default

    How much you willing to pay?

  4. #4

    Default

    looking around for it ..

    coz saw at a few places liao of 1971 and 72 bottles being opened and drunk

    so thot it should be around somewhere even though a '80 petrus is oredi one of the rarer ones liao

  5. #5
    Senior Member Ansel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Land Downunder
    Posts
    2,207

    Default

    Vinum selling '70 at S$2500+GST and '71 at S$2140+GST

    Cheers!

  6. #6
    Senior Member Ansel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Land Downunder
    Posts
    2,207

    Default

    While we are at it, anybody interested in my Liebherr 250 bottles wine cellar? Selling cheap.

  7. #7

    Default

    Originally posted by Ansel
    Vinum selling '70 at S$2500+GST and '71 at S$2140+GST

    Cheers!
    ]]


    ARE U SERIOUS?!

    thats quite a steal in that case!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Jason's @ Raffles City selling their petrus and moutons at prices that can get u 1/3 of a car? LOL

    BTW y are u selling off the wine cooler?

  8. #8
    Senior Member Ansel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Land Downunder
    Posts
    2,207

    Default

    Originally posted by plsoong
    ]]
    Jason's @ Raffles City selling their petrus and moutons at prices that can get u 1/3 of a car? LOL

    BTW y are u selling off the wine cooler?
    Those at Jasons could be magnums(1.5 L) or bigger. Vinum's are standard 750ml bottles.

    Correction: it's not "wine cooler" but "wine cellar". A cooler simply keeps it cool, just like a regular fridge, but a wine cellar actually maintains humidity at the correct 65-85% level as well.

    I am selling because I have rekindled my love for photography, no thanks to clubsnap and photo.net. I need to fund new equipment purchase. Anyway it is one of two that I have.

    Interested?

  9. #9

    Default

    Originally posted by Ansel
    Those at Jasons could be magnums(1.5 L) or bigger. Vinum's are standard 750ml bottles.

    Correction: it's not "wine cooler" but "wine cellar". A cooler simply keeps it cool, just like a regular fridge, but a wine cellar actually maintains humidity at the correct 65-85% level as well.

    I am selling because I have rekindled my love for photography, no thanks to clubsnap and photo.net. I need to fund new equipment purchase. Anyway it is one of two that I have.

    Interested?
    no leh those at jasons are oso standard 750ml woh

    hmmmm

    i've oredi got a wine fridge, but wine cellar? i am still puzzled how it can fit into a house...as in u mean what, must free up one room and convert it into a "cellar" so to speak?
    or issit something thats portable...

    Oh btw, do u have any friends who deal with wines ah?
    I'm trying to get my hands on this wine:-

    Marcelina, released by Gina Galio and Rosso di Montalcino....
    Napa valley 1997

    can u believe that i bought prolly the only bottle in S'pore from 7-11 and hafve been rehunting this all over S'pore to no avail?
    even back to the same places and those wine dealers /distributors all dun have liao?

    the wine is fantastic...surprising since its a rosso, and not a brunello...

    Deep luscious ruby, leathery, of blackcurrents and ripened cherries, a tad jammy but strong chocolates and a long long long long caressing finish. excellent

    after we opened and downed the bottle, me and my friend have been trying to source it eversince to no avail

    so if u got, please do let me know

  10. #10
    Senior Member Ansel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Land Downunder
    Posts
    2,207

    Default

    Actually my cellar is also a wine fridge, it's just that the humidity control makes all the difference. Ordinary fridge or cooler will just keep the wines cool, but it is too dry and in time will dry up the cork. Not for long term storage I will say. If you go for brands like Transtherm, Eurocave, Liebherr, Vintec, Brandt, Bosch, etc, you are quite safe to get a cellar if they say so. Other brands are just fridges and coolers. I've got a Transtherm and a Liebherr. Letting go of the Liebherr due to space contraints and also to buy more photo equipment lah!

    As for the wine you mentioned, I've never heard of it. But I do recognise Gina Gallo (not Gina Galio). She basically runs the E&J Gallo estate in California, third generation Gallo. The Gallo estate in California is as big as the entire Burgundy area in France!!

    The rosso you mentioned sounds delicious! don't mind trying it out if I can find it.

    What do you think of Aussie wines? We may want to end this thread here. Let's PM our email addresses.

  11. #11

    Default

    Originally posted by Ansel
    Actually my cellar is also a wine fridge, it's just that the humidity control makes all the difference. Ordinary fridge or cooler will just keep the wines cool, but it is too dry and in time will dry up the cork. Not for long term storage I will say. If you go for brands like Transtherm, Eurocave, Liebherr, Vintec, Brandt, Bosch, etc, you are quite safe to get a cellar if they say so. Other brands are just fridges and coolers. I've got a Transtherm and a Liebherr. Letting go of the Liebherr due to space contraints and also to buy more photo equipment lah!

    As for the wine you mentioned, I've never heard of it. But I do recognise Gina Gallo (not Gina Galio). She basically runs the E&J Gallo estate in California, third generation Gallo. The Gallo estate in California is as big as the entire Burgundy area in France!!

    The rosso you mentioned sounds delicious! don't mind trying it out if I can find it.

    What do you think of Aussie wines? We may want to end this thread here. Let's PM our email addresses.
    Orh, chey, means Wine fridges lar..

    Mine is a Eurocave and Vintec.

    yep Gina Gallo, sorry typo.

    As for Aussie wines, i find them rather standard because of the way they do their wines, its always blended. and as such, by blending a certain formula and @ certain growth climates and conditions the wines will come out as though its a standard formulae. I find Aussie wines simple and easy to drink for any occasion, the so called "cannot go very wrong" kinda wine. Most asians tend to go for blends as the grape varietal tends to cancel out the other varietal strengths, resulting in a rather soft and easy going wine.

    I started on wines with Aussie's mainly because i was educated there for about a year odd. But having said that, the really good ones have a lasting impression. Penfold's Grange, Bin 707, even their 1997 Bin 407. The other one worth every cent is Peter Lehman's Stonewell. You can taste the strong chocolate that lingers on even after the last drop has been downed.
    fantastic

    De Bortolli's 1998's Cab Saug wasn't too bad but in S'pore its darn pricey. A must try is Zema estate 1991 cab saug, This wine is one of the rarer few that isn't so characteristically New World.

    Nowadays, i'm going into the Old World wines, mainly the Italians and French, Italians, being their brunellos and sometimes Chiantis, french, well...i've yet to really read deeper into french.

    How about you

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •