Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2237424546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: LIVERPOOL F.C. Season XVI - TORRES!!!!

Default Re: LIVERPOOL F.C. Season XVI - TORRES!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32 View Post
    i may be bias but i think Paul Tomkins is very fair in all his analysis. I am very impressed by him and asked my brother to help me buy his book.

I love his articles, almost very accurate and definitely a true fan.
    The future is still bright.

YNWA

Quote Originally Posted by roDz View Post
    Let me cheer myself up...its still 18-15..........5-2.......,i think i wont be around should mu win their 5th CL trophy.....
    By then Liverpool would have more than 10 Big Ears in the trophy cabinet already......
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    i no longer buy the rubbish tabloid, so i m spared from some of their nonsensical 'soccer analysis' n get to save $$ at the same time.

i recently read that rafa still maintains tat we can win the EPL this season.

i thought i'm the eternal optimist but clearly rafa is a million times more optimistic than me.

as long as we got see-so-sicko n dirty kite... ahem...

The manager has to appear optimistic for political reasons

Quote Originally Posted by kelccm View Post
    By then Liverpool would have more than 10 Big Ears in the trophy cabinet already......
    yeah,its safer to bet LFC winning Big Ear no.6 than mu's 3rd.....,i know EPL is bread and butter but CL is definitely bigger.....

Seems like recently we are getting quite alot of attention from other fans also hor

Quote Originally Posted by jeff49er View Post
    The manager has to appear optimistic for political reasons
    if he say so, then maybe la.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by zhapchit View Post
    Seems like recently we are getting quite alot of attention from other fans also hor

this is the most happening football thread in CS mah

if he say so, then maybe la.

In Rafa we trust, as long as he stop fielding dirty kite and seesosicko.

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    In Rafa we trust, as long as he stop fielding dirty kite and seesosicko.
    haiz!

when i was watching at sgpools, SO MANY LIVERPOOL FANS sighed whenever hurry getwell buang n dirty kite got lost.

WE ALL know the problem but... does RAFA know?

this is the most happening football thread in CS mah
    ya lor

we always KOMPLAIN abt the same issues but these issues are never cleared up!

haiz!

when i was watching at sgpools, SO MANY LIVERPOOL FANS sighed whenever hurry getwell buang n dirty kite got lost.

WE ALL know the problem but... does RAFA know?

if only Rafa subscribe to this thread.....
    or the Cowboy owners read this and make Rafa follow this thread.....

if only Rafa subscribe to this thread.....
    or the Cowboy owners read this and make Rafa follow this thread.....
    ya lor

cannot be everytime i watch, i will shout out expletives n curses or bang table or smack my own forehead!

very painful leh

esp. when playing against teams when we shud haf won!

goodness gracious me.

now rafa go on a crazy PR n damage control exercise by insisting we can still win the EPL.
    ha ha

very farnie lor.

we can win provided he sell the cockster kite n his partner in crime, see-so-sicko.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsun View Post
    i've been buying the new paper everyday to read their "expert analysis"

ya lor

cannot be everytime i watch, i will shout out expletives n curses or bang table or smack my own forehead!

very painful leh
    from cheesecake to pancake?

ya lor

we can win provided he sell the cockster kite n his partner in crime, see-so-sicko.
    and also quickly cash in on hurry getwell, before he get another MC!
    Time to play Babel more!

Quote Originally Posted by burger View Post
    from cheesecake to pancake?
    i oso love pancake

hehehe

MORE PROBLEMS FOR RAFA

Rafa Benitez has been told by Liverpool's owners that 'he will be not be able to sell, or buy at all during the transfer window and two free signings he had hoped to make would not be considered by the board either', according to The Independent.

Although Benitez's meeting with George Gillett and Tom Hicks has been described in public as 'positive', the Indy says the embargo has come 'as a major blow' to the Spaniard. 'He is disbelieving at the limitations placed on him by the board who will have seen first hand on Sunday the need to strengthen the Liverpool squad,' the newspaper reports.

The Daily Mail, however, says that Benitez has been informed that he can buy new players - but only if he sells first.

'Although the three-hour meeting was understood to be amicable, Benitez is having to come to terms with the news that he will have to sell before he can spend significantly when the transfer window opens in January,' it says.

'Benitez's prime target is AC Milan's Georgian central defender Kahka Kaladze but it appears that he will have to offload someone like midfielder Momo Sissoko, attracting interest from Everton and Juventus, or England striker Peter Crouch to generate the money.

'The Liverpool manager has also been told that the 17million it will require to turn Javier Mascherano's loan deal into a permanent move will not be available until the summer, leaving the Merseyside club vulnerable to approaches from elsewhere.'

seems that the board is ready to sack rafa come the end of the season by placing such an embargo!

and our stadium got downgraded! oh no!

the cowboys are PAUPERS in disguise!

no $$ no talk! cut cost!

STADIUM BLOW FOR BENITEZ

If Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez retained hope of being handed a fistful of dollars with which to tackle the January sales, news that the Reds' stadium plans have been downgraded will surely have forced him to think again.

A fragile peace at Anfield appears to have been cemented following clear-the-air talks between the Spaniard and American co-owners George Gillett and Tom Hicks following Sunday's morale-sapping defeat to Manchester United.

The meeting brought to an end weeks of acrimony following Benitez's angry response to the news that his employers would not discuss next month's transfer activity until their visit to Merseyside.

Gillett has publicly backed his manager in the wake of the discussions - but if Benitez was hoping for the green light to once again splash the owners' cash when the transfer window reopens, the revelation that the futuristic plans for the new ground in Stanley Park have been redrawn for financial reasons is hardly likely to lift his spirits.

Liverpool's chief executive Rick Parry insists this was because of spiralling costs, not due to the 'credit crunch' in America, and he sought to reassure fans the club remain confident a new stadium will be delivered on time.

Parry said: "We are now considering two schemes but the stadium will be a 70,000-seater.

"The new stadium will be a significant improvement on the original plans and a slightly downgraded version of the new ones.

"And it will be a massive improvement on where we were 12 months ago, if not quite as dramatic as the plans unveiled in the summer.

"The single-tier Kop remains fundamental to the design and we are not expecting any delays - it should be on schedule for 2011."

Most at Anfield will be thinking in shorter terms following the 1-0 defeat to United which left the Reds 10 points off the title pace.

But Gillett insists that, in Benitez, he and Hicks have the right man to lead the club to glory.

Speaking at a meeting of the Liverpool Former Players' Association, Gillett told the Liverpool Echo: "Rafa is the one we want as manager further on, and we have faith in him.

"I've been married over 40 years and have first-hand knowledge about how to solve an argument.

"We concentrated on getting an overview over the situation, and I felt we accomplished that."

Of his and Hicks' recent spat with the Spaniard, Gillett added: "This wasn't supposed to happen, but it has happened, and now the focus has to be on finding a common platform to continue our co-operation."

VALENCIA to sign RIISE?!?!

Valencia coach Ronald Koeman has expressed an interest in signing Liverpool full-back John Arne Riise.

Koeman is determined to add to his squad in the new year following Valencia's exit from the Champions League.

Los Che are also toiling in seventh place in La Liga and Koeman admits Riise is a player of interest.

"He is a player with experience and would offer some options for our game," said Koeman in the Daily Mirror.

Riise, who can also play in midfield, has made over 300 appearances during six years at Anfield.

And reports suggest Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez will look to rebuff any January bids for the Norway international.

Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2237424546474849 ... LastLast