Thread: Snow

Default Snow

Hi,

Will be travelling to North Korea in January. It will be freezing and snowing.

Plan to bring my 40D there. What are the impt precautions to take to protect my gears from the harsh winter?

Thank you,

Default Re: Snow

actually none.....

i just returned from South korea and my D70 performed normally

The am should function normally. The main impact will be on the batteries - which will not last as long as they would in normal temperatures. Make sure to bring your charger and if you have spare batteries, keep them close to your body when not being used.

Hi,
    I just came back from chengde of hebei, at night temperature was about -10 degree and in the day was about -2to 5 degree, so far my D80 and flash have no problem, I have been holding the camera in my hand all the way, only put back to the bag when on the tour coach. Battery life slightly shorter but I have never need to replace battery in a single day of shooting. So if you take a bit of precaustion, you should expect a happy shooting experience.

Basically watch out for condensation issues when going from hot to cold and visa versa.

Basically watch out for condensation issues when going from hot to cold and visa versa.

Heading to Tokyo on the 12th of Dec. This thread is just in time!
    Nikanon D3FXMarkIIIDS-1H with 5000mm f/128 & 0.500mm Macro f/0.4 & 0.70-2000mm f/256