Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Photographers' Ethics

Smile Photographers' Ethics

this came to mind about a very recent thread looking for a replacement 'official photographer' at the very last minute. $ aside, which already had an airing. but, backing out and attempting to bring a replacement in at the last minute does seem not right, as the available info presents itself. what do you think?

Default Re: Photographers' Ethics

Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003 View Post
    this came to mind about a very recent thread looking for a replacement 'official photographer' at the very last minute. $ aside, which already had an airing. but, backing out and attempting to bring a replacement in at the last minute does seem not right, as the available info presents itself. what do you think?
    but it does show that the person who backed out was at least professional enough to try to find a substitute so the client won't be left high and dry...unless i'm reading your words incorrectly

Smile Re: Photographers' Ethics

it seems to me that you are alright with the photographer's arrangement. but, not to me.

Quote Originally Posted by garou12 View Post
    but it does show that the person who backed out was at least professional enough to try to find a substitute so the client won't be left high and dry...unless i'm reading your words incorrectly

which thread is that?

suppose if the official photographer had a mishap or something, or probably sick the day before, and will be sick on that day... he got a replacement for the couple, i suppose should be alright...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

the reason given in the said thread was another shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    which thread is that?

suppose if the official photographer had a mishap or something, or probably sick the day before, and will be sick on that day... he got a replacement for the couple, i suppose should be alright...

you have to look at the whole issue at all the different aspect,

if a photographer unable to shoot his assignment, (for whatever reasons) is his duty to find a replacement, not his clients responsibility.

if a photographer take on a better paid assignment and farm out the lower pay assignment, nothing wrong with that, as long he doesn't brake any agreement with the client. (eg, client only want him to shoot, does not compromise the results of final outcome, etc)

but the photographer take on a super cheapo job first, and hope try to find a better pay job later, very good luck to him.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Guess the other shoot must have been paid more $$$

that's a logical thinking, however, we are not privy to factual info behind the decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Portraits of Nature View Post
    Guess the other shoot must have been paid more $$$

then its his own moral problem, not for us to judge, unless we are the 1st couple...

probably if this goes around, his reputation will go down the drain... at the same time his own self worth will increase, since most budget couples won't look for him, and he can carry on with the higher end market.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

This is a financial decision.

For an ethical consideration we must seek the wisdom of a High Priest.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    then its his own moral problem, not for us to judge, unless we are the 1st couple...

probably if this goes around, his reputation will go down the drain... at the same time his own self worth will increase, since most budget couples won't look for him, and he can carry on with the higher end market.
    don't think reachme2003 is referring to any wedding photography assignment, I believe is the thread already being locked, posted yesterday for looking photographer to shoot today assignment.

anyway, wedding couples come and go, nobody can ever remember a photographer made mistakes, so many people try their luck to fool around. but the pros has seen it all and remember it very well.

I dont see a point of you guys making a big fuss over this. and for your info, my shoot is not photoshoot. and its NOT paid! So please. dont make assumptions.

and to make things even clearer, i am NOT the one who is the official photographer. I am just helping my friend to post. I used to word "I" because i dont want to make people confuse. So for those we pm-ed me, they know it cearly because i've explained to them.

thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    you have to look at the whole issue at all the different aspect,

if a photographer unable to shoot his assignment, (for whatever reasons) is his duty to find a replacement, not his clients responsibility.

if a photographer take on a better paid assignment and farm out the lower pay assignment, nothing wrong with that, as long he doesn't brake any agreement with the client. (eg, client only want him to shoot, does not compromise the results of final outcome, etc)

but the photographer take on a super cheapo job first, and hope try to find a better pay job later, very good luck to him.
    well since we dunnoe the full picture except what you tell us how are we supposed to render judgement? although with story c its pretty effed up!

well since we dunnoe the full picture except what you tell us how are we supposed to render judgement? although with story c its pretty effed up!
    yo, why you quote my post and reply to heckcare.der???

thats why i said PM me. those we pm-ed me will know it well enough.

anyway, if thats what you guys what to judge me about, go ahead.

The High Priest is not available for his wisdom, so we quote a Pro.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    The High Priest is not available for his wisdom, so we quote a Pro.
    I see, today is Sunday, The High Priest is not at his desk, out of office....

I see, today is Sunday, The High Priest is not at his desk, out of office....

I think the High Priest is also part-timing low cost wedding photography on weekends.

You can tell by someone with 4 dots on his bald head shooting with a 5D and lightsphere.

replying to you. otherwise why i quote your post for?

replying to you. otherwise why i quote your post for?
    i see, I tot you reply to someone else, anyway, like sion said, $$ talks, all are about business,

and we don't judge people, all I can say is, if someone want to find replacement at very last mins, good luck to him.

if it is low pay job, very very good luck to him.

nothing personal..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast