Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 人生百态

Default 人生百态

Hi all,
    It's been 3 weeks since i am in Singapore~ Woke up early today to go do some admin and also wanna purchase my lens. Well, didn't get the lens because there is only one copy left and i am not satified with the condition. So, got to wait for new copies to arrive. Anyway, since i wanna buy lens, i got to bring my camera to test (today is not a shooting day as i've got DnD tonight and ARRRRRGGGGGHHH, i didn't win anything!)

Anyway, along the way, did some shot with my 50mm f1.8 prime. Hmm, kinda satisfied. The captions may sound a bit pessimistic, but i am not hor. Haha.

C&Cs Welcome~

1) Took this around my house while waiting for bus. Kinda attracted to his wrinkled hands and also the golden accessories. And also his pair of SAF New Balance. Thus, the captions.

2) Took this at the new La-Salle. Initially, the figure gives me a feel of relaxation. But then, when i saw it's hands are flipped outwards, i sense a feel of resistance. The lines on the top somehow looks like a web or a trap, like some forms of seduction. And so, the captions.

3) Not sure who drew it. But kinda cute and fits the chinese phrase in terms of pinyin.

4) Attracted by the sign the moment i enter the train at Bugis. But didn't take a shot of it until i reach Jurong Point. The feel i got when i was attracted to it was simply, escape reality.

That's all folks, gonna sleep. Tired sia... And no Sony PS3 for me... Really hope to win it in the lucky draw... so i can sell it to fund my new lens!!!! Haha~~~

Default Re: 人生百态

Hi again,
    Did some walking and shooting with my kit lens today~ And so the series continues...

5) Keep Exploring.

6) I am not sure about you, but at least for me, i do have such fascination when i was young. Reminds me of how i love "He-Man&" and his"Castle GreySkull" when i was young. Haha.

7) The combination of modern city with ancient beliefs gives a very nice feel of mergence for me. Even though we are developing fast, but our beliefs remains. Make a wish~

8) This granny really love to watch the opera... Can see her standing there for a very long time and was simply in a world of her own, not something our generation can appreciate. Indulging in memories...

9) Dunno why, just admire their expression of their love in public at their age.

Last edited by Yapster; 2nd December 2007 at 10:02 PM.

10) Reminds me of the time when i was their age. Me and my kakeys planned to go out together, go eat together, go chalet, soccer, etc etc. And that was without mobile phones that time and organizing was quite a hassle. But then, no one complains that time. Now, with modern technology, with 3G etc, i somehow instead lost touch with them... Either they are busy or i am busy. Even when we meet up, the topics mainly revolved around career and money. Somehow, all the fun we have has becomes memories...

And that's all for this week~~ Thanks for viewing and hope you enjoyed them~

some very nice shots here with a great feel

it works very well with the chinese words you have used

nice job, please post more

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    some very nice shots here with a great feel

it works very well with the chinese words you have used

nice job, please post more
    Thanks for the encouragement, night86mare~

Will post more when i shoot~

my post was lost? cannot remember what i posted liao

anyway, nice series, great Chinese captions

woots...nice!

Esp. liked the feelin of the colours wif the chinese wordings...

Great Job!

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post

my post was lost? cannot remember what i posted liao

anyway, nice series, great Chinese captions
    Hey grumpy, i saw your comments before it was lost. Thanks for posting again man~ I lost a new thread as well.. Sob.. Anyway, later gonna post another shot.. hehe, something to do with my "pain".

Quote Originally Posted by reson07 View Post
    woots...nice!

Esp. liked the feelin of the colours wif the chinese wordings...

Great Job!
    Thanks reson07~~ Hope you enjoyed them~

hey yapster, i like your photos! I like the way u make them less saturated with the chinese words. Been showing your flickr to some friends. nice =)
    - It's the eye behind the view finder that matters -
    Tauhu's Albums

Quote Originally Posted by tauhu View Post
    hey yapster, i like your photos! I like the way u make them less saturated with the chinese words. Been showing your flickr to some friends. nice =)
    Hehe, thanks tauhu~ Hmm, actually if you take a look in flickr, the shots will look more sharp and more saturated.

Went to the dentist today to remove the pain that has been bugging me recently... 1 day MC nia.. Sianz...

Anyway, kept the tooth for this shot... It gives me a feel that, sometimes, our carelessness can result in something that can only be redempt by removing the roots of the evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Yapster View Post
    Hi all,
    It's been 3 weeks since i am in Singapore~ Woke up early today to go do some admin and also wanna purchase my lens. Well, didn't get the lens because there is only one copy left and i am not satified with the condition. So, got to wait for new copies to arrive. Anyway, since i wanna buy lens, i got to bring my camera to test (today is not a shooting day as i've got DnD tonight and ARRRRRGGGGGHHH, i didn't win anything!)

Anyway, along the way, did some shot with my 50mm f1.8 prime. Hmm, kinda satisfied. The captions may sound a bit pessimistic, but i am not hor. Haha.

C&Cs Welcome~

3) Not sure who drew it. But kinda cute and fits the chinese phrase in terms of pinyin.

This one is very very good,
    it really fits the phrase.

Would love to see more! Keep it up!!

Quote Originally Posted by kelvan View Post
    This one is very very good,
    it really fits the phrase.
    Hehe, thanks, kelvan~

Quote Originally Posted by rickygck View Post
    Would love to see more! Keep it up!!
    Thanks, rickgck~ Will shoot more to share in this thread~

Actually, last night i started a pre-christmas thread for abstract shots on christmas items but then thread lost wor...

Anyway, shall post it here and Wish Everyone a Merry Christmas in Advance~
    Inspired by runner10 selective colours series. Did a simple one~

Quote Originally Posted by Yapster View Post
    Actually, last night i started a pre-christmas thread for abstract shots on christmas items but then thread lost wor...

Anyway, shall post it here and Wish Everyone a Merry Christmas in Advance~
    Inspired by runner10 selective colours series. Did a simple one~

nice christmas shot!
    Merry christmas to you too

Quote Originally Posted by Redsun View Post
    nice christmas shot!
    Merry christmas to you too
    Thanks bro~ Still enjoying yourself in Taiwan?

haha sadly no
    back in singapore already

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast