Thread: Autumn in NZ

Default Autumn in NZ

Just driving along, from one town to another....

..NuTs..

Wonderful autumn scenes. Nice composition for all.

nuts, great series of autumn pics. NZ is so beautiful I'm dying to go back again someday. And you, once again, have impressed me with your good eyes for colours and composition!

I like the last shot best, nicely done!

I got the exact same shot as the first photo!! In fact, I stopped at that shop in the lower left to buy some fruits!!!

The third shot I believe is in Cromwell itself, near the toilet in the town centre. Had some nice fish and chips there.

The photos are so pretty, I wish I was right there!

Very nice and refreshing

the leaves look good!

Thanks guys!

Tweek,
    as you said, NZ is so beautiful, anyone with a camera can come away with wonderful shots!

Java_Guru,
    pics 1 & 4 were around Cromwell, although for pic 1, not sure if there're any shops there cos the car was cruising along as I took the shot (and apparantly, I'm not the driver )
    pic 4 is Lake Dunstan
    pic 3 is in Twizel (pretty town btw)

..NuTs..

Gloriously rich autumn colours! What film were you using?

Originally posted by nuts

as you said, NZ is so beautiful, anyone with a camera can come away with wonderful shots!
    heh... so for once, it's neither the camera nor the man behind the camera - it's what's in front of the camera

Jokes aside, good composition + great colours.
    Last edited by imaginary_number; 12th May 2003 at 12:36 AM.

Nuts,

from the pics, I believe u increased the saturation values in Photoshop to give the Velvia look?

Rgds.

Lionel

Lionel,
    pic 1 & 2 were just Levels & USM
    pic 3 may have played with some values during raw conversion, can't remember
    pic 4 did adjust with curves

anyway, I think Velvia is much more saturated than that

Zerstorer,
    its CMOS film...

..NuTs..

Originally posted by Java_Guru
    Nuts,

from the pics, I believe u increased the saturation values in Photoshop to give the Velvia look?

Rgds.

Lionel

I have been hesitating for days whether or not to give my honest comments because you probably not going to like what I have to say here.

Anyway, to listen or not, you decide...

From your pics (except pic 2), I don't really feel or see the effort into taking the shots. They were more like "taken from where you were in or near the car" kind of typical holiday photos.

Yes, I agree the Autumn Colours were gorgeous. I can sense that you were probably overwhelmed by the myriad of colours that you have somehow overlooked the vital principle of composition.

nuts, I have seen better pictures from you, so I expect more from you! Your "landscape of emotion" portfolio was inspiring and left a deep impression on me ...

awesome !
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

Hi jas,
    honest comments are good! or even better, honest constructive comments...
    So, thanks for the criticism; even if I don't agree with certain views, it forces me to look back, re-think and re-evaluate.
    And, you are partially right. For pic 1 and 4, my mind was no longer on photography...

..NuTs..

Originally posted by nuts
    Hi jas,
    honest comments are good! or even better, honest constructive comments...
    So, thanks for the criticism; even if I don't agree with certain views, it forces me to look back, re-think and re-evaluate.
    And, you are partially right. For pic 1 and 4, my mind was no longer on photography...

..NuTs..
    yes, I can sense that... they are very unlike your style when you approached TRUE landscape photography. See that you used your secondary (or was it not?) backup digital camera, so photography at that time likely wasn't too much in your mind...

Originally posted by jasphotography
    yes, I can sense that... they are very unlike your style when you approached TRUE landscape photography. See that you used your secondary (or was it not?) backup digital camera, so photography at that time likely wasn't too much in your mind...
    Hmm, dunno how u derive that....
    My primary camera is a EOS 10D. My backup camera is a EOS 50
    My thoughts are elsewhere bcoz of this :

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthrea...threadid=32315

..NuTs..