Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bukit timah railway

Default Re: Bukit timah railway

Quote Originally Posted by tchern View Post
    How can i be convinced this railway is old... dark & can't see rust... only some peeled off paint. B&W gives the feel but Texture of the structure not so...
    true, although there is no sign of vintage kind of old in the rail way, However when we see a rail way in Singapore, immediately our senses will tell us that its old. it was build in 1919 though.

bTW, its a railway, how can it be rust. its build to resist against cold and heats.

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32 View Post
    Like the feel of the picture. However, watch out for the highlights as i think the middle of the pic and the sun area are all washed out. This picture prob cries out for a subject, be it a train, a man walking or an empty bottle on the track.
    thank you very much, very agreed with you. the middle portion seem to be very distracting, it kind of lead our eye towards the center yet we find nothing interesting.
    with a subject in the picture will surly make it more interesting, but it another topic. i was thinking about doing a out-door fashion shoot.

then i will want a tele lens (like, 70-200mm nikon f.2.8) with big apertures, to create a high DOP. can imagine how it will be like now. wooo~

Beautiful. The level is perfect. Lower and the tracks wouldn't lead the eyes as well, higher and the beams wouldn't have looked as monolithic. The treatments is perfect too. Film or digital?

nice b/w shot.

but just a tad more shadows, maybe a tiny bit of a higher exposure would have been perfect.
    chezburgr i can haz?

Quote Originally Posted by jmmtn4aj View Post
    Beautiful. The level is perfect. Lower and the tracks wouldn't lead the eyes as well, higher and the beams wouldn't have looked as monolithic. The treatments is perfect too. Film or digital?
    thanks for your comment, its digital.

Good perspective pic! Very well taken. B + W brings out the vintage feel in the railway

Quote Originally Posted by macson View Post
    thank you very much, very agreed with you. the middle portion seem to be very distracting, it kind of lead our eye towards the center yet we find nothing interesting.
    with a subject in the picture will surly make it more interesting, but it another topic. i was thinking about doing a out-door fashion shoot.

then i will want a tele lens (like, 70-200mm nikon f.2.8) with big apertures, to create a high DOP. can imagine how it will be like now. wooo~
    If u want a fashion shoot, suggest u shoot from low angle and pose the model above the mid section so it makes her look more intimidating.. just an idea.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12