Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: SGH just took away my Bonus

Default Re: SGH just took away my Bonus

Colon scan done, normal. CT scan done today. Today, my Mom just lie on her bed with no medication, drip etc. Was told.. She might be able to be discharged tomorrow. hope that true.

Quote Originally Posted by DeSwitch View Post
    Colon scan done, normal. CT scan done today. Today, my Mom just lie on her bed with no medication, drip etc. Was told.. She might be able to be discharged tomorrow. hope that true.
    Have they checked her stool? One can tell alot from the colour, consistency, and solidness........

HS

Quote Originally Posted by hongsien View Post
    Hospitals don't want to run with unpaid bills, it is a business too.
    HS
    Everything is money! Someone told me a few years ago, SGH is one of the best hospital in Singapore. I queried him, what did he mean by "one of the best"? In terms of revenue? He kept quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by DeSwitch View Post
    Its true that in Singapore, one cannot fall sick. My mom was admitted yesterday and I have to pay SGD3870 upfront. For 2 days she was just lying in her bed while the doctor/nurse take their own sweet time to try to delay treatment and find out what's wrong with her. Every day there cost $200++ just for room. Anyone can advise what I can do have my mom diagnosed ASAP? Sad to see my mom there.
    Medical bill is never cheap. It is life that you are talking about.

Just to wish your mom a speedy recovery!

Quote Originally Posted by Fumiryu View Post
    Everything is money! Someone told me a few years ago, SGH is one of the best hospital in Singapore. I queried him, what did he mean by "one of the best"? In terms of revenue? He kept quiet.
    SGH is the worst... they always recommend very invasive methods of treatment. They are sometimes expensive, they dun give you choices. Tan Tock Seng & Alexander better.

Quote Originally Posted by Fumiryu View Post
    The word 'best' is actually pretty subjective.

I swear by SGH. Some swear by Alexandra, TTSH. Some swear about the service provided by Polyclinics, I swear by it.

Technically, saying what stuff, what place, what treatment, etc is 'the best' is actually a moot question and answer since everyone holds different standards.

actually the main problem i think that TS mother is not singapore.
    in this case, i think no difference between SGH and private hospital.

anyway, hope everything turn out well.

and its a fact that if you are poor, its better to drop dead than be hospitalised in singapore.

Just to add, sgh is also known to have a high rate of patient infections.

It is the Physician that matters not the hospital, the hospital is only the facility that houses the equipment and maybe to an extent comfort of stay. Getting a good Physician is most important, but then again... most of the good Physicians are in private practice.

../azul123

Thanks to all concerned. Due to CS forum crash, my earlier post regarding my mom discharge was gone. My mom was discharged yesterday. The way the nurses answer our query really put us in a lot of stress as they really seem to have no idea what is going on too. Till now we still do not know what is wrong as there is no report given. All the information I received is about bills.

Closing this tread before it goes OT. Again thanks for allowing me to voice out here to relief my stress.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345