View Poll Results: Which GPS Navigation System are you using?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • TiBO

3 16.67%
  • Packard Bell

2 11.11%
  • Dauf

0 0%
  • East Gear Mio Digital Walker

0 0%
  • Others

13 72.22%

Thread: Which GPS Navigation System are you using?

Default Which GPS Navigation System are you using?

I am looking for any user feed back for Car Navigation System on its map accuracy, is it easy to use, after sale service, price to update map etc. for the above mention Systems. If you are using any other System, you may contribute too. No Handphone GPS please. Thank You for contributing
    Last edited by airfins; 30th November 2007 at 11:28 AM.
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

Default Re: Which GPS Navigation System are you using?

im surprised the garmin series is not in your poll. they hav an extensive range, the local garmin maps are excellent. i have been very happy with mine.

Am using the Garmin Legend model for my trip in Taiwan few yrs back. Used it to nagivate the rural areas with good accuracy. Sad to say now my GPS is in the drybox, remain a legend....

anyone tried the one used for PSP slim ?

EDIT - ops , pls disregard
    Last edited by StrifeYun; 30th November 2007 at 06:02 PM.
    Canon EOS "Luxury"
    [flickr]

Ahh I am so sorry I am asking for Car Navigation System Sorry to all bros.....
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

Edited the post but title can't change, Sorry again. I too use the Garmin during my army days, does't work when we are in the jungle No signal.....

Have you thought of buying one of Garmin's Nuvi series from Amazon. Seems to be way cheaper to buy from US and it comes preloaded with US maps too.
    After receiving your set, you can then buy one MalSing map and then you are good to go.
    I am about to this as I will need some GPS for a road trip to the US next year.

GPS... Hmm...

Prior to a trip, study a map.
    During the trip, rely on my instincts and senses.

If I've got no access to a map prior to my trip, I'll call up the animalistic magnetic instinct in me which isn't very accurate.

Hate to make unplanned trips.

I heard that the rented car now comes with GPS in USA. Can check that out then dont have to bring yours.

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn View Post
    GPS... Hmm...

Prior to a trip, study a map.
    During the trip, rely on my instincts and senses.

If I've got no access to a map prior to my trip, I'll call up the animalistic magnetic instinct in me which isn't very accurate.

Hate to make unplanned trips.
    Hahaha I have got very very bad instinct when it comes to split second directional decision during driving, so now if my instinct is go left I will go right Damn really need a GPS in SIN But I am champion doing topography though...
    Last edited by airfins; 30th November 2007 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by airfins View Post
    I heard that the rented car now comes with GPS in USA. Can check that out then dont have to bring yours.
    Try not to do that.
    They charge you more than US$10 per day, so if you rent a car for 2 weeks you pay additional US$150 or more. Not worthy.
    When I was in the US earlier this month, we rented a car without GPS and use our own unit.
    The make matters worse, you may not be too familiar with the software or operations and it makes navigation quite cumbersome.

Garmin is by far the best system in the market. Software is easy to use and intuitive.
    Tom Tom comes second, then Magellan, Mio etc.