Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SEA Games

Default Re: SEA Games

Today is the official opening of the games! Anyone covering it live?

Table tennis: The Men's team score another 3-0 victory over Cambodia last night!

Soccer: Thailand 8 Cambodia 0, Indonesia 0 Myanmar 0

Today's event:

Aerobic: Individual Men -Final, Mixed Pairs -Final, Individual Women -Final, Trios.

Table tennis: Women team against Vietnam (playing now). Tonight Men's team gold medal match and Women's Gold Medal Match.

Err... today is opening ceremony!

Yeah...2 more Gold medals in the bag from the Men's and Women's Team. Now we left with 5more Gold: Men single, Women single, Men double, Women double and Mixed double!

Still no.2 in the medal tally! 10 Golds 6silver 6Bronze

Tonite 8.45pm 'live' on ch5.

Soccer Semi-final: Singapore vs Thailand (7 times Gold Medalist).

Our last Semi-final we lost 2-0 to Thailand in Brunei, 8 yrs ago!

Duno tonite got hope or not? Haiz.........

GOOD LUCK!!!

Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    Tonite 8.45pm 'live' on ch5.

Soccer Semi-final: Singapore vs Thailand (7 times Gold Medalist).

Our last Semi-final we lost 2-0 to Thailand in Brunei, 8 yrs ago!

Duno tonite got hope or not? Haiz.........

GOOD LUCK!!!
    i think the soccer match will be on a delayed telecast on channel 5 @ 11:30pm....

I not sure if I saw the trailer wrongly... I thought the trailer showed the match Live starts at 6.40pm @ Ch5? Then I checked the web...it shows 8.35pm. Hmm...which is which?

Quote Originally Posted by vokawala View Post
    I not sure if I saw the trailer wrongly... I thought the trailer showed the match Live starts at 6.40pm @ Ch5? Then I checked the web...it shows 8.35pm. Hmm...which is which?
    the match is at 8:45pm, but it cannot be shown live because it will interfere with some other programs esp. the 'news on 5'......

Quote Originally Posted by iskofil View Post
    the match is at 8:45pm, but it cannot be shown live because it will interfere with some other programs esp. the 'news on 5'......
    Yap..I just check teamsingapore website...the match starts 7.45pm (thai time), i.e. 8.45pm (sg time).

And yes...it showing Live on 5!
    http://5.mediacorptv.sg/wassup/progguide/index/.html

Confirm gt live cos this morning heard the news on radio that the news will give way to the soccer match!

singapore down 2-nil at halftime........

3-0 now.

anyone notice that only 6 countries to take part this year? last SEA games in philippines got more..

Quote Originally Posted by LENS View Post
    anyone notice that only 6 countries to take part this year? last SEA games in philippines got more..
    you are right... other countries are saving money... cannot win medal, no need to send ....

you are right... other countries are saving money... cannot win medal, no need to send ....
    mm.. i don't think so, somehow SEA games or events like this are promoting sportsmanship and friendship..

if purpose is to be top of the medal quantities, i will only say it is a bit meaningless to spend many and got all the foreign talents just for this superficial honor.

anyway, i go for my country malaysia ha..

i used to remember indonesian is always leader in games..and malaysia is always more medals than singapore..now they are behind singapore ha.

singapore down 2-nil at halftime........
    1st goal should not have gone in keeper never play to whistle!

2nd is that dun who guy hold the ball waiting for the thais to collect the ball and score in return!

Din see the 3rd goal!

mm.. i don't think so, somehow SEA games or events like this are promoting sportsmanship and friendship..

if purpose is to be top of the medal quantities, i will only say it is a bit meaningless to spend many and got all the foreign talents just for this superficial honor.

i used to remember indonesian is always leader in games..and malaysia is always more medals than singapore..now they are behind singapore ha.
    Now also more medals what...... It is only we got more GOLD colour thats all.

Check it out:http://www.channelnewsasia.com/seaga...medaltally.htm

Hi guys, why not one correct me? i thought only 6 countries taking parts as what i saw medals list in CNA.. what a misleading presentation..

and what happened yesterday, why malaysia and indonesia gold medals have become more than singapore, cheers.

CountryGold
    Silver
    Bronze
    Total Thailand (THA)11910283304 Vietnam (VIE)574359159 Malaysia (MAS)443772153 Indonesia (INA)384663147 Singapore (SIN)383331102 Philippines (PHI)335176160 Myanmar (MYA)8192956 Laos (LAO)422329 Cambodia (CAM)23813 Brunei (BRU)1146 Timor Leste (TLS)----

that is what they call foreign talent.... they must bring gold medal...

Quote Originally Posted by kelccm View Post
    Wah, Singapore leading the SEA games gold medal tally table I don't think I have ever seen that before
    declare a public holiday!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12