Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The 70-200mm range lens.

Default Re: The 70-200mm range lens.

Quote Originally Posted by xunjas View Post
    still can be done. I have seen gd shots taken with the lens. btw, there are 2 photographers @ the event. =)
    Events are different. But what i mean is to take in public places. Sometimes they will know u're taking them but they don't mind while sometimes it's the other way round which can be a bad experience.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

after looking at the range for a long time , i found that the sigma 120-300 F2.8 is a great lens to cover the range of 70-200, because it gives the best reach and range.

hmm i'm thinking of taking my 70-200 for street candid , wonder if i will get home safely haha.
    Canon EOS "Luxury"
    [flickr]

Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle View Post
    Events are different. But what i mean is to take in public places. Sometimes they will know u're taking them but they don't mind while sometimes it's the other way round which can be a bad experience.
    aiya, i mean events la..~~ so far, i met friendly guests~~ no hostile cum aggresive ones yet~~ thank God.. =D

Quote Originally Posted by StrifeYun View Post
    hmm i'm thinking of taking my 70-200 for street candid , wonder if i will get home safely haha.
    u need camou and conceal~~

aiya, i mean events la..~~ so far, i met friendly guests~~ no hostile cum aggresive ones yet~~ thank God.. =D
    So far i also haven't encountered those hostile ones when i take their pics cos mostly are ok with it and as for the rest, i asked them.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

why not? i was using 17-85 and 85 before. just have abit of situational awareness and apologise if ppl are pissed.

So far i also haven't encountered those hostile ones when i take their pics cos mostly are ok with it and as for the rest, i asked them.
    if i asked them, then i be doing either posed shots but would still grab some candid shots. =)

Quote Originally Posted by flipfreak View Post
    why not? i was using 17-85 and 85 before. just have abit of situational awareness and apologise if ppl are pissed.
    as long as they dun throw the cam n lens to the floor can liao.

as long as they dun throw the cam n lens to the floor can liao.
    won't la. sgp ppl only talk loud but no guts one. unless u shooting at lor 8 geylang la.

in fact, a longer focal length maybe troublesome because u get ppl walking into the frame when u abt to shoot. tats even worse.

i will have difficulty taking out my gear there.. their killer stares from the..

Quote Originally Posted by flipfreak View Post
    white and long mah haha , must go those tourist places , then pretend to be some asia tourist wahhaha.

*no rain please
    Canon EOS "Luxury"
    [flickr]

white and long mah haha , must go those tourist places , then pretend to be some asia tourist wahhaha.

*no rain please
    go overseas n use .. i even use SLR inside a departmental store and snap @ the displays~~

Quote Originally Posted by buddy View Post
    Most manufacturers e.g. Nikon, Canon, Sony make a large 70-200 f2.8 lens. Might be a silly qn for some but I am curious to find out what people use these lenses for.

I know some people use these lenses for outdoor portraits/events (you have to stand pretty far away because of the min focussing range, wouldnt a 85/100mm be better?), and some people use them for nature (200mm is too short to shoot the majority of wildlife/birds I feel..) and some people for indoor sports e.g. basketball, badminton (seems like its too short for outdoor sports like football, tennis, golf). This lens is not a typical lens people carry for travel as its heavy, and wide angles are typically preferred and its a tough lens to use for street shooting because of its size. Indoor shots would not work well unless you have a big space to work with because of the min focussing limit and it will probably lose out to the f1.8 lenses as these are a full stop faster.

So what do people usually use these types of lenses for? Thanks for any comments..

thought I'd just add my thoughts,

70-200 good for portraits , boke also, add x2 extender can shoot moon and other out door sports, add a close up filter (do not zoom too much, quality really bad) can use a temporary macro , will post my humble pics when free hee
    Canon EOS "Luxury"
    [flickr]

if i asked them, then i be doing either posed shots but would still grab some candid shots. =)
    Some posed shots can be very nice, similar to doing a model shoot....but this is a very mini one.

Some posed shots can be very nice, similar to doing a model shoot....but this is a very mini one.
    definitely.. ~~

Btw, Sigma is coming out with an improved version of their 70-200mm and 50-150mm f2.8

Default Re: The 70-200mm range lens

Quote Originally Posted by ExplorerZ View Post
    actually the can... its just that the market segment is pathetic... if they can produce something like 200-500 f4, i don see why they can't do that for a 70-200 f2, just that no 1 would probably buy or carry it because its just not practical...
    You can't find your filters

Quote Originally Posted by cichlid View Post
    Btw, Sigma is coming out with an improved version of their 70-200mm and 50-150mm f2.8
    Yupz. But must try it in order to know its quality.

*no rain please
    ya la. go in then keep bowing and snapping.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast