Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 61

Thread: The 70-200mm range lens.

  1. #21
    Senior Member xunjas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Singapura
    Posts
    6,490

    Default Re: The 70-200mm range lens

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle View Post
    In fact the 70-200 series of Canon's L zooms are the most popular.
    1-3K for f/4 & f/2.8 are still affordable for people compared 6-7k if the aperture were bigger than f/2.8 =)

  2. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    BUKIT PANJANG
    Posts
    1,997

    Default Re: The 70-200mm range lens.

    i use it to cover events for my skool cause the lighting there kinda horrible if use 5.6

    Nikon 70-200mm VR !!!
    D800 | D700|16mm f2.8D|35 f1.4G|50 f1.8G|60mm F2.8D|85mm f1.4G|16-35 f4G|70-200 f2.8 VR2| SB900

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: The 70-200mm range lens

    Quote Originally Posted by xunjas View Post
    1-3K for f/4 & f/2.8 are still affordable for people compared 6-7k if the aperture were bigger than f/2.8 =)
    Canon's current largest aperture lens is the 50mm and 85mm at f/1.2 and cost lesser than 6-7K. Maybe the new 200mm f/2 could fit into the price.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Legion
    Posts
    7,751

    Default Re: The 70-200mm range lens

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle View Post
    Canon's current largest aperture lens is the 50mm and 85mm at f/1.2 and cost lesser than 6-7K. Maybe the new 200mm f/2 could fit into the price.
    200 f2 will be priced around there, but definitely not a 70-200 f2(if they even make 1...) which we are talking about...

  5. #25
    Senior Member xunjas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Singapura
    Posts
    6,490

    Default Re: The 70-200mm range lens

    Quote Originally Posted by ExplorerZ View Post
    200 f2 will be priced around there, but definitely not a 70-200 f2(if they even make 1...) which we are talking about...
    could be higher or much higher..

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: The 70-200mm range lens

    Quote Originally Posted by ExplorerZ View Post
    200 f2 will be priced around there, but definitely not a 70-200 f2(if they even make 1...) which we are talking about...
    I suppose the max aperture for zooms is f/2.8 for now, not anything larger than that.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  7. #27
    Senior Member xunjas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Singapura
    Posts
    6,490

    Default Re: The 70-200mm range lens

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle View Post
    I suppose the max aperture for zooms is f/2.8 for now, not anything larger than that.
    if there is launch of f/1.8 70-200mm lens, their prime lens will suffer also..

  8. #28

    Default Re: The 70-200mm range lens.

    the Oly 4/3s system has (at least?) two /2 zoom lenses - the 14-35mm and 35-100mm (FF equiv: 28-70mm and 70-200mm).
    eyes | head | feet | flickr | APAD: straight from camera

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: The 70-200mm range lens

    Quote Originally Posted by xunjas View Post
    if there is launch of f/1.8 70-200mm lens, their prime lens will suffer also..
    No it won't cos primes and zooms are different.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  10. #30
    Senior Member xunjas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Singapura
    Posts
    6,490

    Default Re: The 70-200mm range lens

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle View Post
    No it won't cos primes and zooms are different.
    70-200mm f/1. 8 and primes with f/1.8, u buy primes?

  11. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: The 70-200mm range lens

    Quote Originally Posted by xunjas View Post
    70-200mm f/1. 8 and primes with f/1.8, u buy primes?
    If i need critical sharpness, yes. If there really is a 70-200mm f/1.8, i'd rather get the 200mm f/2.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  12. #32
    Senior Member xunjas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Singapura
    Posts
    6,490

    Default Re: The 70-200mm range lens

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle View Post
    If i need critical sharpness, yes. If there really is a 70-200mm f/1.8, i'd rather get the 200mm f/2.
    the crisp and sharpness still supercedes the sharpness by zooms even thou the zooms can be a f1.8..

  13. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: The 70-200mm range lens

    Quote Originally Posted by xunjas View Post
    the crisp and sharpness still supercedes the sharpness by zooms even thou the zooms can be a f1.8..
    To date it's not been done yet. Primes' sharpness are still the 'crispiest' and most accurate as they do not have moving elements. Better not say so much le cos let me think of my 50mm f/1.2
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  14. #34
    Senior Member xunjas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Singapura
    Posts
    6,490

    Default Re: The 70-200mm range lens

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle View Post
    To date it's not been done yet. Primes' sharpness are still the 'crispiest' and most accurate as they do not have moving elements. Better not say so much le cos let me think of my 50mm f/1.2

  15. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    sing
    Posts
    3,353

    Default Re: The 70-200mm range lens.

    So what do people usually use these types of lenses for?
    You obviously have never shot models doing cat walk with flash and a 70-200 zoom.

  16. #36
    Senior Member xunjas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Singapura
    Posts
    6,490

    Default Re: The 70-200mm range lens.

    snip @ models~~

  17. #37
    Senior Member dennisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Freezing Upp Thomson/Mandai!
    Posts
    2,008

    Default Re: The 70-200mm range lens.

    I use Nikon 70-200mm F2.8 to shoot fashion shows, pageants, etc. Quality remains pretty consistent. It's the perfect range for these. What else it's for?

  18. #38
    Senior Member xunjas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Singapura
    Posts
    6,490

    Default Re: The 70-200mm range lens.

    actual day wedding.. take candid shots without being seen by the subjects..

  19. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: The 70-200mm range lens.

    Quote Originally Posted by xunjas View Post
    actual day wedding.. take candid shots without being seen by the subjects..
    Not necessary especially when u're holding up a white lens which is pretty obvious.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  20. #40
    Senior Member xunjas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Singapura
    Posts
    6,490

    Default Re: The 70-200mm range lens.

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle View Post
    Not necessary especially when u're holding up a white lens which is pretty obvious.
    still can be done. I have seen gd shots taken with the lens. btw, there are 2 photographers @ the event. =)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •