Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: K10D price drop ??

Default Re: K10D price drop ??

Quote Originally Posted by creampuff View Post
    As for me, I've not decided until I know the pricing of the new models. But the K10D's pricing is really tempting...
    Believe me, the next model (K20D) will be an alot better cam I'm sure you'd love to upgrade when you see its testing photos (some already seen them btw )

Quote Originally Posted by VSonic06 View Post
    Wow at this price I don't mind getting another K10D. Its THE best sub-$1.5k DSLR I ever had.
    That is very true

Actually NOW is probably the best time to buy a Pentax K10D then ever before. Of course if you can wait about 2 months, you can probably buy the latest models. BUT don't expect the new cameras to come cheap as you will be paying a premium to be an early adopter.

i won't mind

but the k10d here is going for 450 pounds body only.

sickening

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    i won't mind

but the k10d here is going for 450 pounds body only.

sickening
    Whoaz thats ex man in UK...
    Get frm US better...
    Pentax K-r, DA35/2.4, FA 50/1.4, DA 16-45 & DA 55-300

Quote Originally Posted by flowerpot View Post
    i already cannot "ren" anymore, really wanted to buy liao...just that i have no more funds liao after my initial purchase, now banking on my D200 sale. anyone interested in my D200...
    err... not really Nikon gearheads already started dumping when D300 announced, so many D200s on the used market.

Quote Originally Posted by fengwei View Post
    Believe me, the next model (K20D) will be an alot better cam I'm sure you'd love to upgrade when you see its testing photos (some already seen them btw )
    Ok I must heed the advise of Pentax sifu.
    After all, if I can hold back buying the K10D for the last few months, I guess I can afford to wait a little longer. Anyway all will be clear come 3rd week of Jan 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by fengwei View Post
    Thanks fengwei for the info. I can sense you will sure get one to play with it. I hope i can hold back the temptation to upgrade and buying when it's out. It's not gonna be easy not to get one

Quote Originally Posted by istDeS View Post
    Thanks fengwei for the info. I can sense you will sure get one to play with it. I hope i can hold back the temptation to upgrade and buying when it's out. It's not gonna be easy not to get one
    The only way to overcome temptation is to yield to it.

My colleague has a better solution to overcoming temptations....
    "Find another one" he says.
    May I recommend the highly elusive FA77 or the very new DA* lenses that's on everyone's 'must buy' list?

Quote Originally Posted by alanswan View Post

May I recommend the highly elusive FA77 or the very new DA* lenses that's on everyone's 'must buy' list?
    Nah, I'd suggest to buy the FA*85/1.4, FA*28-70/2.8, FA*200/2.8, FA*300/2.8

If want to get long tele lenses must aim for the newer Pentax lenses on the roadmap because SDM will definitely out perform the slotted drive focusing of the FA*s at least in focusing speed and quietness. Plus the newer lenses will probably be much lighter in weight.

So fengwei, time to let go of your FA* teles... they aren't gonna be worth much pretty soon.

Let us know when you're letting them go though...

If want to get long tele lenses must aim for the newer Pentax lenses on the roadmap because SDM will definitely out perform the slotted drive focusing of the FA*s at least in focusing speed and quietness. Plus the newer lenses will probably be much lighter in weight.

So fengwei, time to let go of your FA* teles... they aren't gonna be worth much pretty soon.
    Well, one thing for sure, my FA*28-70 AF faster than the DA*1650. And the AF speed on FA*200/2.8 and FA*300/4.5 is already pretty fast. Don't think the newer ones would be any faster but quieter only. I don't really care about the noise, actually quite like the sound

SDM is mainly meant for quiet AF but not really guaranteed faster

Ever since the DA*1650 came out, the price for FA*2870 has gone up so high, it's easily over 2k SGD almost everywhere including JP. I'm guessing the same would happen to FA*200/2.8 and FA*300/4.5 when the DA*200 and 300 came out

And only then, I'd see if I'm gonna let go off the FA* tele lenses, if ever at all

Let us know when you're letting them go though...
    Only when all Pentax PK mount dSLR cameras on the market stopped working and there is no new one available, then I might let them go

Yes it is.

My colleague has a better solution to overcoming temptations....
    "Find another one" he says.
    Believe me, your colleague solutions will not work..sooner or later will still bound to get it.

Those lens is not must buy lah. Need than buy. Too many lenses cause headache sometimes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12