Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Civil servants to get two-month bonus in December

Default Re: Civil servants to get two-month bonus in December

Quote Originally Posted by phuicloud View Post
    13th month is included in the contract
    13th month is not necessarily in the contract. It is not compulsory for the company to give 13th month bonus lor...

Some pte sector dun earn lor.. hence low bonus... like mine... till now, theres no news..... guess this year bouns is a goner.. how to pay off lots of things for my wedding

Quote Originally Posted by josho View Post
    Some pte sector dun earn lor.. hence low bonus... like mine... till now, theres no news..... guess this year bouns is a goner.. how to pay off lots of things for my wedding
    Cycle of growth in each sector.

Given a 10yr cycle, there can never be a single sector that will see a continuous boom all the way thru the ceiling and sky. This is the so-called 'market demand' thingy unfortunately. The perils of working in the Private Sector where individual companies cater to specific needs of the people, market and economy.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    lower pay across the board too

then still got people kbkb and expect civil servants to work for free when they get pay raise
    1 kind of rice feed 100 kinds of people.

Of cos, like the photography business, there are gian png ppl around who just think of themselves and forget that the other party is a human being too.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    lower pay across the board too

then still got people kbkb and expect civil servants to work for free when they get pay raise
    Agrees with you. A lot of ppl envies that civil servant got bonus, but what they didn't realise is that Civil servant generally draws lower pay than their counterpart in private sectors (the majority of them).
    Canon 20D,400D,5QD | 17-40mm F4L | 50 f1.8 |100 f2 | 200 f2.8L | 70-210 f3.5-4.5 | 580EX

You gotta be kidding. Not all private sector companies give good bonus...

The company I am in, no 13th month bonus, and bonus is less than 2 months no matter how well you perform. It's time for me to move on man....

The culture is horrible too.... stay long enough, you may end up killing someone.

Quote Originally Posted by synapseman View Post
    Not two month bonus. One month only.

13th month bonus is a standard. I think it's very misleading lor. Anyway, why are people so envious? In private sector, bonuses ranging from 3 to 6 (sometimes NINE!) months are fairly common. Some of my peers have bonuses that are more than my annual gross salary!

Nonetheless, some of us in Civil Service already happy like bird when we get something like 0.58 month bonus. Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by kevyan View Post
    You gotta be kidding. Not all private sector companies give good bonus...

The company I am in, no 13th month bonus, and bonus is less than 2 months no matter how well you perform. It's time for me to move on man....

The culture is horrible too.... stay long enough, you may end up killing someone.
    Hmm....this sounds seriously like my ex-company. For my 7 years there (inclusive of the very good 1997-1999), no 2 months bonus. Only got 0.25 months (1 month for the 13th month, total of 1.25).
    Canon 20D,400D,5QD | 17-40mm F4L | 50 f1.8 |100 f2 | 200 f2.8L | 70-210 f3.5-4.5 | 580EX

Quote Originally Posted by synapseman View Post
    Not two month bonus. One month only.

13th month bonus is a standard. I think it's very misleading lor. Anyway, why are people so envious? In private sector, bonuses ranging from 3 to 6 (sometimes NINE!) months are fairly common. Some of my peers have bonuses that are more than my annual gross salary!

Nonetheless, some of us in Civil Service already happy like bird when we get something like 0.58 month bonus. Yay!

Well, for those in the finance sector (especially investment banking and the sort), 10 months, or even 12 months bonuses are given out to the few.

The few who work their butts and minds off for the entire year that is. Sure the money's good, but they work themselves to one foot in the coffin at times.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12