Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31

Thread: New Mobilephone from China - Haier

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Cantonment
    Posts
    385

    Default New Mobilephone from China - Haier

    The New HAIER....



    Have you seen this phone in the market yet ?

    Features
    =======
    Pen-looking mobile phone
    Laser pointer
    15 Minutes voice recording
    35 Polyphonic ring tones
    300 Phone book/phone group
    Dowloading of ring &picture via sms
    Voice dialling
    Games

    Specs
    =====
    System : GSM900MHz/1800MHz

    Battery capacity : 420mAh Li-ion

    Stand-by time : 70--150h*

    Talk time : >115min*

    Weight : 66g

    Size : 13527.217.9mm

    * Depend on network


    The Blue one looks cool !!

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    5,499

    Default

    wow that looks sleek man... like one of those mini digital copiers/scanners.

    but why cannot come up with a nicer name - "Haier"??? that's erm, "Child of the Sea" right? what's with all the sea names - you would think they learn their lesson from Seagull cameras...

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Behind the viewfinder...
    Posts
    5,851

    Default

    wahh....... looks nice leh..

    sohisticated and sleek, nice buttons too (kinda copy that very expensive phone's design yeah?) hmmm.....

    Kindred brother, you bringing it into local market??

  4. #4

    Default

    On the picture side, very nicely taken product shot !

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Cantonment
    Posts
    385

    Default

    Originally posted by SniperD
    wahh....... looks nice leh..

    sohisticated and sleek, nice buttons too (kinda copy that very expensive phone's design yeah?) hmmm.....

    Kindred brother, you bringing it into local market??
    I've got the stocks liao !!

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Cantonment
    Posts
    385

    Default

    Originally posted by aosis
    On the picture side, very nicely taken product shot !
    eh...sorry bro....hehehe

    i did not take this shot ... its from the webby

  7. #7

    Default

    I think it looks ugly. Can't imagine reading long SMS on this device. Long words will become truncated

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Cantonment
    Posts
    385

    Default

    Originally posted by ChinShiong
    I think it looks ugly. Can't imagine reading long SMS on this device. Long words will become truncated
    yeah...thats one of the bad feature !

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    12,938

    Default

    any indicative pricing?
    Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

  10. #10

    Default

    hey kindred ..

    u got pm .. chk it out ..

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Cantonment
    Posts
    385

    Default

    Originally posted by mpenza
    any indicative pricing?
    i dunno abt it yet...but the price is roughly at 500-530 +/-

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Near the Clouds
    Posts
    557

    Default

    So long...

    I can't imagine taking it along in my smaller-than-small hangbags.

    It's gonna stick out like a sore thumb.

    But, it looks damn cool, I must admit.

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Near the Clouds
    Posts
    557

    Default

    Originally posted by Larry
    wow that looks sleek man... like one of those mini digital copiers/scanners.

    but why cannot come up with a nicer name - "Haier"??? that's erm, "Child of the Sea" right? what's with all the sea names - you would think they learn their lesson from Seagull cameras...
    No.. I think it's just 'Child' in chinese.

  14. #14

    Default

    Originally posted by kindred
    yeah...thats one of the bad feature !
    Not really, now that I think of it... it's mainly catered to the chinese, so the phone could possibly squeeze 3-4 chinese characters on one line. And I think they are used to reading chinese words top-down, right-left style...

  15. #15

    Default

    Originally posted by Larry
    but why cannot come up with a nicer name - "Haier"??? that's erm, "Child of the Sea" right? what's with all the sea names - you would think they learn their lesson from Seagull cameras...
    FYI, Haier is one of the biggest manufacturer of electronic and household appliances in the world. Got money buy this stock. Me no vested interest yet.

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    hErE lAh
    Posts
    975

    Default

    Originally posted by Poledra
    So long...

    I can't imagine taking it along in my smaller-than-small hangbags.

    It's gonna stick out like a sore thumb.

    But, it looks damn cool, I must admit.
    Yeah agreed its a tad too long but since it'd stick out of your bag, it be useful for stabbing molesters on the bus/mrt in the eye!

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Cantonment
    Posts
    385

    Default

    Originally posted by lavenderlilz
    Yeah agreed its a tad too long but since it'd stick out of your bag, it be useful for stabbing molesters on the bus/mrt in the eye!
    hmm...the actual size is abt a length of a digital thermometer...

    not really that long lah

  18. #18

    Default

    If it comes with vibrating feature then i think it's gonna be a hit with the ladies...

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,292

    Default

    Originally posted by mpenza
    any indicative pricing?
    Saw it selling at Mustaffa and Tampines Mart (Not Tampines Mall).

    Thinks it retails at S$498, forgotten if there is a contract or not.

    Off topic, the Samsung S300 is retailing at S$688 w/o line at Mustaffa.

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Cantonment
    Posts
    385

    Default

    Originally posted by Mr Fish
    If it comes with vibrating feature then i think it's gonna be a hit with the ladies...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •