Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Peaceful

  1. #1

    Default Peaceful

    Hi everyone,
    this is my picture, for C&C

    location: Kranji War Memorial

    I went there on a group outting.

    when i first reached the place, there was a feeling there which i did not really understand. got off the bus, it came naturally to look at the site. I feel at peace looking at it.

    did not shoot it first. walk around the place did not really want to shoot there. so went to the bus, look at the site again, felt the same feeling. took a few shots but could not get the feeling, finally when we are about to go, some how the sun came into the frame when i took the last frame.

    I feel peace in this so it was it's name.




    Feel free to comment

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Serangoon North
    Posts
    2,225

    Default Re: Peaceful

    Honestly, What I see if just uninteresting trees and an overcast sky.. dun really feel a sense of peace. There really isn't any subject of interest in it that convey the feelings of peace.
    How about the colored version? Maybe the colors in sky, grasspatch might add some life to the image.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Peaceful

    Quote Originally Posted by m3lv1nh0 View Post
    Honestly, What I see if just uninteresting trees and an overcast sky.. dun really feel a sense of peace. There really isn't any subject of interest in it that convey the feelings of peace.
    How about the colored version? Maybe the colors in sky, grasspatch might add some life to the image.
    thanks for the comment.
    sorry but only version is a B&W version for this C&C.
    Thanks again

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    west side!
    Posts
    725

    Default Re: Peaceful

    this pic is too dark and tones are monotonous
    if shot in color would have been interesting, but i am guess if in color, it might not carry the peaceful feeling u are after
    pano shot woule be appropriate here.
    o wait, u metered from the sky rite?

  5. #5

    Default Re: Peaceful

    Quote Originally Posted by tribal.snake View Post
    this pic is too dark and tones are monotonous
    if shot in color would have been interesting, but i am guess if in color, it might not carry the peaceful feeling u are after
    pano shot woule be appropriate here.
    o wait, u metered from the sky rite?
    sorry but how do you meter the sky for the right feeling?

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North
    Posts
    2,703

    Default Re: Peaceful

    Underexposed (cos you most prob metered the sky), lack of contrast, uninteresting. Overall, B&W or color, does not work for me.
    Canon 5D mkII|24-105 F4 IS L|70-200 F4 IS L|135 F2 L|580EX|

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    west side!
    Posts
    725

    Default Re: Peaceful

    try exposure bracketing.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Where the wind blows...
    Posts
    4,528

    Default Re: Peaceful

    The pic looks a bit soft.....or may be its my old monitor.....did you shoot in RAW? If yes, this midway exposure is good for tone mapping.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Peaceful

    Quote Originally Posted by lastboltnut View Post
    The pic looks a bit soft.....or may be its my old monitor.....did you shoot in RAW? If yes, this midway exposure is good for tone mapping.
    i think softness is due to the compression software i used. No i did not shoot in raw.
    thanks for your comments

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Queenstown Singapore
    Posts
    17

    Default Re: Peaceful

    i thought that Fox's photo presents a good opportunity for simple PP so i presented a version of what it could be in my imagination.



    this being done without permission from Fox, will take it down if required.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Peaceful

    Quote Originally Posted by BernZ View Post
    i thought that Fox's photo presents a good opportunity for simple PP so i presented a version of what it could be in my imagination.



    this being done without permission from Fox, will take it down if required.
    that is a interesting view. no problem here. thanks for the effort.
    i think i will upload the pre-PP version. wait.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Peaceful

    this is the original
    i was trying B&W, i guess i really suck at it :P

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •