Thread: Fogged out!

Default Fogged out!

Last edited by jasphotography; 21st December 2003 at 02:47 PM.

this is...where?

Originally posted by liuhao
    this is...where?
    this is...beautiful.

Originally posted by liuhao
    this is...where?
    If I say this is Singapore, I would be lying, wouldn't I?

Took this at Victoria Park (Leicester, UK) on one Saturday morning, next to my lab.

Afar in the background you can see people playing soccer in short despites the bitterly cold weather. There were also people doing morning walk/jog and one photographer (that would be me) taking the shot... how satisfying.

Originally posted by Andy Ho
    this is...beautiful.
    thanks Andy. Photographically, this is not my favourite shot but it does carry certain sentimental values to me with fond memories tagged to it...

Preferable to zoom a bit ...to eliminate the left tree... looks a bit wierd if you compare to the right one which some part of the tree cut out.

just my personal opinion

Wow, this is excellent. And it looks good panoramically as well!

Regards
    CK

Originally posted by sonix
    Preferable to zoom a bit ...to eliminate the left tree... looks a bit wierd if you compare to the right one which some part of the tree cut out.

just my personal opinion
    I doubt you know I actually nogotiated around that place for some serious 5 to 10 minutes, trying out every conceivable angles for the most aesthetic composition.

I moved to the left and then to the right (then left and right again), zoomed in and out, out and in! My fingers were all numbed and I almost freaked out because those trees were so closed to one another, restricting my choices in composition

I tried zooming in but still prefer the wide angle view to exaggerate the perspective.

Having said that, I do respect your opinion! I do realise this pic does have some flaws in it in terms of aesthetic and originality which is why it did not make it to my favourite portfolio.
    Last edited by jasphotography; 9th May 2003 at 11:56 PM.

I understand that.... I know its a cold place... i felt it before in US where i find it hard to take picture wearing my gloves... the worst thing my car door get stuck with ice... plus the electronic static shock really make day very bad.

CHeers

Originally posted by jasphotography
    I doubt you know I actually nogotiated around that place for some serious 5 to 10 minutes, trying out every conceivable angles for the most aesthetic composition.

I moved to the left and then to the right (then left and right again), zoomed in and out, out and in! My fingers were all numbed and I almost freaked out because those trees were so closed to one another, restricting my choices in composition

I tried zooming in but still prefer the wide angle view to exaggerate the perspective.

Having said that, I do respect your opinion! I do realise this pic does have some flaws in it in terms of aesthetic and originality which is why it did not make it to my favourite portfolio.

beautiful!

if this in sg, i guess the NPB would removing the trees coz such trees here would be considered malnutrition.

Originally posted by ckiang
    Wow, this is excellent. And it looks good panoramically as well!

Regards
    CK
    yeah, masked the top will make a pretty good panoramic shot. Never thought of doing that myself, thanks...

Originally posted by fish
    beautiful!

if this in sg, i guess the NPB would removing the trees coz such trees here would be considered malnutrition.
    No, NParks will ask me to resurrect their trees...

yeah, masked the top will make a pretty good panoramic shot. Never thought of doing that myself, thanks...
    hehheh, after seeing all those xpan shots by various photographers, nowadays I always try masking non-panoramic shots to see how they look in panoramic mode.

Regards
    CK

Originally posted by ckiang
    hehheh, after seeing all those xpan shots by various photographers, nowadays I always try masking non-panoramic shots to see how they look in panoramic mode.

Regards
    CK
    I called that "cheating", hee... though I do mask my 35mm photos occasionally. The 45mm lens that came with the xpan does sometimes restrict my perspective.

I have been eyeing the Xpan 90mm lens though...

Whereabout have you seen panoramic photos taken by other photographers? There isn't much Xpan users around

I called that "cheating", hee... though I do mask my 35mm photos occasionally. The 45mm lens that came with the xpan does sometimes restrict my perspective.

I have been eyeing the Xpan 90mm lens though...

Whereabout have you seen panoramic photos taken by other photographers? There isn't much Xpan users around
    Well, I just recently went to Tan Ngiap Heng's recently concluded exhibition "Wide Eyes" at Alliance Francaise. It is now exhibiting at OBJECTIFS at Liang Seah Street.

Tay Kay Chin also has some good panoramic shots at http://www.eastpix.com/

Yes, cropping full frame to panoramic mode is "cheating", but hey, if it works well, why not?

Regards
    CK