I think if the response is good from users from all brands and levels, we can potentially compile them in the newbie guide. Likewise solutions can also be linked from another user.
By the way, just in case i'm not familiar with some models, please add in the brand also, i.e. Nikon D50 instead of D50.
1. AE-L/AF-L lock too far from the rear dial
2. Viewfinder too small and not bright enough
3. ISO not viewable on viewfinder.
4. Lack of front dial
5. Lack of inbuilt sensor cleaning mechanism
6. self timer button is better as a knob that i can feel the position in the dark rather than a button that i cannot remember how many times i pressed it.