Thread: location of rocks in london

Default location of rocks in london

have sent the guy a flickrmail.. but still waiting on reply. but just in case some brilliant and lovely people know,

anyone knows where this location is?

link 1
    link 2

rocks in london. drooolllll. thanks. i'll be eternally grateful

Default Re: location of rocks in london

you must be poisoned by rocks shouldn't be too difficult to find if you just follow that river isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by eikin View Post
    you must be poisoned by rocks shouldn't be too difficult to find if you just follow that river isn't it?
    ya.. but unfortunately london =/= singapore

you see, it is not good getting lost.. at the south bank area there are many gangs once you leave the relative safe areas.. when my friend living in that area brought me around the thames, he has never brought me beyond tower bridge.. and told me to stay out of areas that he didn't bring me to.. so maybe i will ask him if that direction (looks like away from the westminister side) is safe

to some of my friends, walking with a dslr is asking for trouble already, so if you look at home and pro, it will not be as dangerous as looking lost and with expensive (relatively) equipment

but zone 1 (where most of the london unis are) is quite safe, i guess.. so far the singaporeans here have only experienced.. pickpockets.. and witnessed atm muggings (i.e. you withdraw money and turn around to a fist, guy runs off with your cash / wallet/ both)

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    witnessed atm muggings (i.e. you withdraw money and turn around to a fist, guy runs off with your cash / wallet/ both)
    wah lau...so easy kena fisting....then how to withdraw $ safely?
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

Quote Originally Posted by sbs99 View Post
    wah lau...so easy kena fisting....then how to withdraw $ safely?
    be more alert lor.. and there are certain atms which are more prone to this sort of rubbish than others.. just avoid those.. i always get cash by asking for cashback from supermarket cashiers when doing groceries.. or just withdraw money from the atm in the bank at my school. if they can do that in a bank.. then gone case already

Judging from the distance from towerbridge in the image and the location of the ships docked, I guess it should be near Bermondsey Wall East or the peer along Cherry Garden Street, both just slightly off the image above. Search on google map to view slightly further down the river. If you walk along the Thames (south bank) to the east of Tower Bridge, you should be able to see them... (all guess work cuz i have not actually been at those rocks)
    A7R3|V12|V15|FE28|MS17|MS35|MS50|50lux|50C|50Artis an|FD85L|FE85|90 cron|
    Σ24|35L|Σ50|135L|70-200G2

It could be low tide, so you see those rocks. The river thames isn't some small longkang like the singapore river, the current can be pretty fast, so it might not be too good an idea to stand around there in case you slip and . . . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by ricleo View Post

Judging from the distance from towerbridge in the image and the location of the ships docked, I guess it should be near Bermondsey Wall East or the peer along Cherry Garden Street, both just slightly off the image above. Search on google map to view slightly further down the river. If you walk along the Thames (south bank) to the east of Tower Bridge, you should be able to see them... (all guess work cuz i have not actually been at those rocks)
    ya i downloaded google earth just to check it out

if you notice the bank curves, so it's definitely along that straight stretch before the turn.. i think after i do a quick check with the people living at southwark area that i know i'll just go explore soon if the guy replies i'll post up his reply here though

Quote Originally Posted by Parchiao View Post
    It could be low tide, so you see those rocks. The river thames isn't some small longkang like the singapore river, the current can be pretty fast, so it might not be too good an idea to stand around there in case you slip and . . . . . . .
    yar, should be low tide for sure.. usually you don't see rocks along the thames, not that i'm aware of.. mostly debris and sand and pebbles

thanks for the concern.. will definitely be extra careful when shooting..

Hi

There is a pub in Rotherhithe on the river called The Angel (great pub). At low tide you can go down onto the beach below. That is where these pictures were taken. You carry on down the river on the South Side from London Bridge heading East. It is off the tourist trail so watch out for kids but it is ok. Let me know if you have any luck.

Bill
    for those who wish to take note, he replied ^_^

er, a marks the spot

for those interested, i did some googling on the area, it is definitely not your usual tourist spot.. apparently a few years back it was still a hotspot for drug abusers.. but the community there has been trying to do a cleanup so crime has dropped. but there's still a lot of kids that do what they call "antisocial behaviour" or ASB in the uk. i have no idea what that means, but hrm.

I walked from Westminister to Canary Wharf one Sunday afternoon in May this year. Have to agree that it certainly doesn't feel safe.