Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which prosumer?

Default Re: Which prosumer?

i'm a prosumer user also, Lumix FZ50.. i love my camera and also like to shots landscape @ day/night and love Macro..Lumix is a good camera because of leica lens.. try to compare all the camera your targetting before you decide..
    GeneIson proud owner of Canon 450D

Quote Originally Posted by juanism View Post
    i have narrowed down to s8000fd and fz18

still very indecisive on my choice yet though. anyhow, sitex is coming. do u guys think that there will be offers better than CP?
    Shootout: 18x EVF Superzooms

You can compare the images at imaging-resource

how abt d40x kit vs fz18?

how abt d40x kit vs fz18?
    i hope i do not offend you by being blunt, there is simply no real basis for comparison between the two. you cannot be fair by comparing d40x kit versus fz18.. there are too many varying factors. therefore it seems to me that you have not really thought through what you want/need.

a more fair comparison would be d40x WITH 18-200 lens. since fz18 is superzoom after all. in that very case, then i can tell you that you are going to pay a huge premium for marginal quality improvement. the most significant improvement will be that of iso performance. other than that, in terms of optics.. i would dare say that it is marginally improved only. any superzoom lens will undoubtedly suffer from distortion/other problems due to the huge range being handled.

no i appreciate ur kind comments.im just wondering do i really need a superzzom... or 18-55 is good enuff.

my concern will be the picture quality. afterall, fz18 produce rather grainy pictures...

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    i hope i do not offend you by being blunt, there is simply no real basis for comparison between the two. you cannot be fair by comparing d40x kit versus fz18.. there are too many varying factors. therefore it seems to me that you have not really thought through what you want/need.

a more fair comparison would be d40x WITH 18-200 lens. since fz18 is superzoom after all. in that very case, then i can tell you that you are going to pay a huge premium for marginal quality improvement. the most significant improvement will be that of iso performance. other than that, in terms of optics.. i would dare say that it is marginally improved only. any superzoom lens will undoubtedly suffer from distortion/other problems due to the huge range being handled.

no i appreciate ur kind comments.im just wondering do i really need a superzzom... or 18-55 is good enuff.

my concern will be the picture quality. afterall, fz18 produce rather grainy pictures...
    will you be shooting in a lot of situations where there is low light, and you need a short shutter speed, i.e. people frozen in motion in a club is one example. if not, you can always just put it down to iso 100. i think a lot of people here have displayed their prosumer pictures.. so long as you keep the iso low, prosumer picture quality is very very decent too.

also, do you think you need the range? do you need to shoot very very far? what are the things you are likely to shoot?

and last of all, what sort of prints, if you even want to make prints, are you going to make? large ones? small ones? if small ones, then it doesn't really matter. graininess is covered up when you shrink the picture if you are talking about web sized pictures, then there seems to be no issue, i myself cannot discern my old prosumer's pictures and my dslr's pictures when i shrink to web size, so long as iso is capped below iso 200 for the prosumer
    Last edited by night86mare; 26th November 2007 at 09:37 PM.

yes, i have seen samples pic shot with iso100 and they look pretty decent. if i were to get a prosumer, fz18 is my first choice. however i dont mind a 2nd hand d40x for training purposes if the difference is min.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    will you be shooting in a lot of situations where there is low light, and you need a short shutter speed, i.e. people frozen in motion in a club is one example. if not, you can always just put it down to iso 100. i think a lot of people here have displayed their prosumer pictures.. so long as you keep the iso low, prosumer picture quality is very very decent too.

also, do you think you need the range? do you need to shoot very very far? what are the things you are likely to shoot?

and last of all, what sort of prints, if you even want to make prints, are you going to make? large ones? small ones? if small ones, then it doesn't really matter. graininess is covered up when you shrink the picture if you are talking about web sized pictures, then there seems to be no issue, i myself cannot discern my old prosumer's pictures and my dslr's pictures when i shrink to web size, so long as iso is capped below iso 200 for the prosumer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12