Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 121

Thread: Will like offers for paid shoots for now

  1. #21
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Will like offers for paid shoots for now

    Whle we blame "the models", we should also blame the photographers who have too much pocket money.
    Last edited by Sion; 22nd November 2007 at 03:13 PM.

  2. #22
    Senior Member melvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    TPY
    Posts
    2,681

    Default Re: Will like offers for paid shoots for now

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Whle we blame "the models", we should also blame the photographers who have too much pocket money.
    I am a poor man! Can i ask them to pay me for the shoot btw i newbie oso!
    Last edited by melvin; 22nd November 2007 at 06:50 PM.

  3. #23

    Default Re: Will like offers for paid shoots for now

    Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    I am a poor man! Can i ask them to pay me for the shoot btw i newbie oso!
    sorry... you wrong sex... with the wrong equipment lah....

  4. #24

    Default Re: Will like offers for paid shoots for now

    why more and more this kind of threads? I mean both the model and photog is ok with the arrangement so what is the problem??

  5. #25

    Default Re: Will like offers for paid shoots for now

    Quote Originally Posted by Klose View Post
    I hate school holidays.

    What irks me is they have the cheek to ask for paid shoots when they don't have a decent portfolio or none! A received an email the other day from a wannabe, she wants to be shot. I pay her and she keeps the photos.

    And you didn't reply her: With a SAR21?

  6. #26
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Will like offers for paid shoots for now

    Quote Originally Posted by Klose View Post
    I hate school holidays.

    What irks me is they have the cheek to ask for paid shoots when they don't have a decent portfolio or none! A received an email the other day from a wannabe, she wants to be shot. I pay her and she keeps the photos.
    If you don't want to shoot it, got hundreds and one people want to shoot one.

    Just consider yourself lucky to be offered the privilege of shooting a newbie model.

  7. #27

    Default Re: Will like offers for paid shoots for now

    Quote Originally Posted by drakon09 View Post
    And you didn't reply her: With a SAR21?
    I will short her with 240V

  8. #28

    Default Re: Will like offers for paid shoots for now

    Quote Originally Posted by wind30 View Post
    why more and more this kind of threads? I mean both the model and photog is ok with the arrangement so what is the problem??
    There is nothing wrong with my thread .... the problem is that some ppl don't want to read properly and came in with a bad wind and asked silly question ..... if you just bother to read my question, "but how many of us are willing to pay for newbie models?" ..... it has nothing to do with any problem between photog and model at all.
    Last edited by Canonised; 23rd November 2007 at 09:47 AM.
    always the Light, .... always.

  9. #29

    Default Re: Will like offers for paid shoots for now

    Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    There is nothing wrong with my thread .... the problem is that some ppl doesnt want to read properly and come in with a bad wind and ask silly question ..... if you bother to read my question, "but how many of us are willing to pay for newbie models?" ..... it has nothing to do with any problem between photog and model at all.

    If I need to pay to SHOOT newbie models... well, err.. let's not go there shall we?

  10. #30

    Default Re: Will like offers for paid shoots for now

    Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    There is nothing wrong with my thread .... the problem is that some ppl don't want to read properly and came in with a bad wind and asked silly question ..... if you just bother to read my question, "but how many of us are willing to pay for newbie models?" ..... it has nothing to do with any problem between photog and model at all.
    not really. I not only read the question and all your posts as well.

    go and read your own postings lah and the rest of replies (not mine) it solicites in this thread.

    my conclusion is still the same, you find it not right that people are paying for newbie models. You did not say outright but the tone of your postings cannot be clearer.

    Unless my english is really bad.....

  11. #31

    Default Re: Will like offers for paid shoots for now

    Quote Originally Posted by wind30 View Post
    not really. I not only read the question and all your posts as well.

    go and read your own postings lah and the rest of replies (not mine) it solicites in this thread.

    my conclusion is still the same, you find it not right that people are paying for newbie models. You did not say outright but the tone of your postings cannot be clearer.

    Unless my english is really bad.....
    Thank you for patronizing me ...
    probably you didnt read carefully enough and decided to form your own conclusion, but it doesnt justify you to question my thread on a different platform..... it is obvious that there is never a problem in any arrangement (that is legally, morally, commercially, etc ok) as long as both parties agree to all the terms and conditions..... only egoistic morons think otherwise.
    Btw, i think you have good command of the English language.
    always the Light, .... always.

  12. #32
    Senior Member azul123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Eastern Bloc
    Posts
    2,776

    Default Re: Will like offers for paid shoots for now

    Definitely no issue if both willing party, but it does feel awkward seeing a thread, a newbie Model was at first asking for TFCD and then switched gear quickly for paid modeling jobs.

    If I am a photographer I wouldn't waste my time to pay and yet teach her how to pose etc.. etc.. But I am not a photographer so I couldn't care less.

    ../azul123

  13. #33
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Will like offers for paid shoots for now

    Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    "but how many of us are willing to pay for newbie models?"
    A lot of people are willing to do anything and everything to shoot a model whether she is newbie, oldie or auntie.

    And a lot of models are prepared to do anything and everything to be shot.

  14. #34
    Senior Member dennisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Freezing Upp Thomson/Mandai!
    Posts
    2,008

    Default Re: Will like offers for paid shoots for now

    When you shoot weddings, it's a deal made between the photographer and customer in monetary terms for his service. If a model or wannabe chose to charge, the photographer agrees, I don't see there's anything wrong it's their deal.

  15. #35
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Will like offers for paid shoots for now

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    A lot of people are willing to do anything and everything to shoot a model whether she is newbie, oldie or auntie.

    And a lot of models are prepared to do anything and everything to be shot.
    that's truth, so many want to be a fashion photographers. and so many girls want to be a model.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  16. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Will like offers for paid shoots for now

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    that's truth, so many want to be a fashion photographers. and so many girls want to be a model.
    ya, so many 满腔热血 shooters, and so many 满怀希望 models... no wonder the tfcd threads now in consumer corner all 满满的...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  17. #37

    Default Re: Will like offers for paid shoots for now

    Really there is nothing wrong with making deals. In a perfect world everyone would bargain as much as they can, and get out exactly what they want from it, or walk away.

    But no man is an island.

    If you agree to pay a newbie model to take pictures of them, you cheapen your skills as well as others. And you perpetuate the perception that creativity and skill is nothing compared to a willing warm body.

    ok .... maybe not the last bit ... or is it not???

  18. #38
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Will like offers for paid shoots for now

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    ya, so many 满腔热血 shooters, and so many 满怀希望 models... no wonder the tfcd threads now in consumer corner all 满满的...

    歌仔都有的唱啦!
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  19. #39
    Senior Member azul123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Eastern Bloc
    Posts
    2,776

    Default Re: Will like offers for paid shoots for now

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    满腔热血 shooters, 满怀希望 models, consumer corner all 满满的...
    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    歌仔都有的唱啦!
    Ehhh. what meaning ah?? so I can catch ball what talking leh?

    ../azul123

  20. #40
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Will like offers for paid shoots for now

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    ya, so many 满腔热血 shooters, and so many 满怀希望 models... no wonder the tfcd threads now in consumer corner all 满满的...
    photographers with TONs of PASSION, models with TONs of HOPES, now consumer corner have TONs of TFCD.

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    you can find it in pop song also
    Last edited by catchlights; 23rd November 2007 at 02:15 PM.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •