Thread: Looking for an ideal bag

Default Looking for an ideal bag

Hi,

Does anyone of you know which is the smallest bag I could find in the market that could fit a SLR, a Tripod and maybe one or two lens?

Looking forward for any suggestion and advice.

Default Re: Looking for an ideal bag

Quote Originally Posted by Liangerism View Post
    Hi,

Does anyone of you know which is the smallest bag I could find in the market that could fit a SLR, a Tripod and maybe one or two lens?

To fit a Tripod?
    Which tripod you are using, because it's the most bulky thing in your systems.

Most camera bags will have external straps for attaching tripods.
    Alpha

The title doesn't make sense. If there was an ideal bag, we wouldn't have so many.

In any case, you haven't provided enough info. Lens? How big? How long? A 300 mm lens needs a bigger bag than a 35 mm lens.

How well padded do you want your bag? Do you want shoulder, hip bag or backpack? Etc.

Hi,

Try the Lowepro Slingshot 100
    Pictures always should have a special story behind it or a special meaning to the photographer.

well i'm sorry. i should have provided more info than that.

currently, i'm having a manfrotto 725B tripod, a 50mm and 18-135mm lens, including my camera in my package. and i'm looking for a backpack, but most of them i've seen are really big.
    so i wanna know if there's a "not-so_bulky" backpack available out there which could fit my package.

thanks and regards.

Most of the bag look bulky because of the padding.
    The best is you bring your gear down to the shop to try out.

CP & TK carry a wide range of bags.

hi,
    the smallest backpack that i've seen is the Lowepro MicroTrekker 100. You might want to take a look at it one of the photo stores.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt....

The Lowepro MicroTrekker 100 does not have the means to hold the tripod. The next closest will the the MiniTrekker 100 which includes the tripod holder.

This is the smallest backpack I have. Not some big brandname product but able to put in a SLR/DSLR, a couple of lenses and filters. and side straps on one side to tie a monopod or small tripod. It has shoulder strap and also back straps, so it can be carried both ways. The shoulder strap is ok but the back straps are a bit thin therefore making carrying long hours a little uncomfortable. Got it a few years back from 'The Camera Workshop'.

Last edited by cairocks; 23rd November 2007 at 11:26 AM.

hey guys,

thanks for all the suggestions and advices.
    u guys are so helpful, haha... really appreciated it.

cheers!

I suggest the Lowepro Slingshot 100. But would have to think of a way to secure the tripod.

if i am not wrong, Kenko promoted a bag with a small 4 section tripod, can carry 1 SLR and 2lenses. the brand is called Aosta, sold in Japan about JPY2800, including th tripod, it is compact and convenient! but can't be found in Singapore!

Hi,

if you dun intend to bring a tripod, billingham shoulder bags is a good bag and last really long. it is pricey though, but worth it. just like B+W versus hoya UV filter.