Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: unable to open RAW file in photoshop..help needed from anyone..!!!

Default Re: unable to open RAW file in photoshop..help needed from anyone..!!!

Quote Originally Posted by knpan View Post
    thanks zac, by the way, how do u manage to know which works for which? skillzzzz??
    Adobe website stated the compatible models

thanks zac, by the way, how do u manage to know which works for which? skillzzzz??
    Just read up on the Adobe website... the information is all there.

All you need to know is which camera came out first, then you'd know that yours is covered or not...

E.g. D100, D70, D70s, D200, D50, D40, D80, etc...
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

hi zac, need your help, i cant open the d70s or d200 raw file even though i downloaded the raw Patch for Adobe CS, the website says compatible till d70 only. while the d3 or d300 has the patch and it might work for the the d70s RAW, it is only applicable for CS3.

What can i do?

hi zac, need your help, i cant open the d70s or d200 raw file even though i downloaded the raw Patch for Adobe CS, the website says compatible till d70 only. while the d3 or d300 has the patch and it might work for the the d70s RAW, it is only applicable for CS3.

What can i do?
    Try looking at the RAW converters for CS2, may be able to work on the CS, may not... have to try, keep the old RAW converter in a separate location before you try it out.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

for those with Photoshop CS and CS2, or Elements versions 3.0 and up, if your camera is not supported by the version of Photoshop you use, and the Adobe Camera Raw cannot be upgraded to the necessary version, there is one last option from Adobe: download the Adobe DNG Converter from

http://www.adobe.com/products/dng/

use the program to convert your camera's RAW file to Adobe's DNG format, then use your Photoshop or Elements to process the resultant file, which is Adobe's version of a RAW file

HELLO i am able to open the Raw files in CS2 now with the update of Raw camera 3.7 thanks!

But i have 1 problem with my resolution. Here are pictures for reference.

1. (i am currently using 800x600 and it says its best to use at 1024 x 768, sure i will switch to 1024 x 768 )

(800 x 600 is not able to show the whole of photoshop document or the Raw file opened)

2. ( I switched to 1024 x 768, it is able to show more of the photoshop raw document, BUT, still did not show the bottom part of photoshop, i tried dragging up the window, use the arrow at the bottom to make it larger, but the last button was still unable to be seen)
    What can be done? Note: This problem will still persist even when i select a bigger resolution

hope some1 is here to help! thanks
    Last edited by knpan; 11th December 2007 at 09:06 PM.

hi,

would any kind soul pls advice me how to convert and save RAW to JPEG format in Elements 6..? thks!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12