Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tamron build quality

Default Re: Tamron build quality

Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle View Post
    If u secure the wobble, then how are u going to zoom??
    I think that particular ring does not control the zoom or affect it.
    Anyway - im using blue tack for now.Pasted at each 90deg directions and hidden by the reversed lens hood.
    Last edited by ceecookie; 23rd November 2007 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ceecookie View Post
    I think that particular ring does not control the zoom or affect it.
    Anyway - im using blue tack now.Pasted at each 90deg directions and hidden by the reversed lens hood.
    U buy such a gd lens only to use blu-tack to secure it? I think u should send it for servicing honestly.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle View Post
    U buy such a gd lens only to use blu-tack to secure it? I think u should send it for servicing honestly.
    Sorry,i forgot to include the phrase "temporary"
    Going to meet Fatigue tml afternoon to service my lens - i cannot afford to ship it to Japan to do formal servicing

Sorry,i forgot to include the phrase "temporary"
    Going to meet Fatigue tml afternoon to service my lens - i cannot afford to ship it to Japan to do formal servicing
    Gd luck then.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

Hi guys,finally got my lens fixed by Fatigue.Sent in to him at City Hall ard 3pm and got it back 6 hours later at his house.

Apparently its just a minor problem and most probably caused by the previous owner dropping the lens.Also did a minor recalibration of the focus at infinity and added loctite to the ring so that it would not become loose.

Total cost was reasonable and cheap considered the fact that he also did cleaning of the lens(focus grip,glass whateva)
    Last edited by ceecookie; 24th November 2007 at 10:13 PM.

Hi guys,finally got my lens fixed by Fatigue.Sent in to him at City Hall ard 3pm and got it back 6 hours later at his house.

Apparently its just a minor problem and most probably caused by the previous owner dropping the lens.Also did a minor recalibration of the focus at infinity and added loctite to the ring so that it would not become loose.

Total cost was reasonable and cheap considered the fact that he also did cleaning of the lens(focus grip,glass whateva)
    good for u tc of it!
    D800 | D700|16mm f2.8D|35 f1.4G|50 f1.8G|60mm F2.8D|85mm f1.4G|16-35 f4G|70-200 f2.8 VR2| SB900

[QUOTE=ceecookie;3575557]Hi guys,finally got my lens fixed by Fatigue.Sent in to him at City Hall ard 3pm and got it back 6 hours later at his house.

Apparently its just a minor problem and most probably caused by the previous owner dropping the lens.

Just some minor correction:
    Upon seeing the lens, I first thought that it was due to lens dropped. After checking the lens carefully, it might have started with a minor bump and the screw became loose over time.

The lens build quality is good.
    9815-1974
    FB: Hilos Camera Repair

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12