Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help from Pros - What LCD monitor do you use?

Default Re: Need help from Pros - What LCD monitor do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by hazmee View Post
    I am using a Viewsonic VX2025VM. Its a great LCD monitor. Good colors and viewing angle is good too. But its already discontinued. Crapz.
    ahh.. we're looking at the same screen

Quote Originally Posted by Canonized View Post
    THanks Denosha, this does help a lot and clears things up for me. My little knowledge of current LCD and HD TV tech did make me wonder about the comment about getting the 'HD' monitor. I have searched the net and found no advice on getting such a monitor over a well proven reference LCD for image work.

I was considering a new 22" but it seems like the 24" is a better bet due to higher resolution. It would make editing in Photoshop a lot easier without having to enlarge and then resize the image during edits.

I do agree with your comment about calibration but even with a calibrator, I find that my 19" HPCompaq (that is connected to my son's PC) is inconsistent. The Philips 19" in my office is worse - the colour changes when I sit high or low in respect to the screen. I have a 17 Sharp (over 2 years old now) which is very accurate but not big enough. Hence considering an upgrade to something bigger and better.

So any recommendations to that effect is most welcome.

Thanks again for sharing your information here.

Cheers
    Harry
    Yeah, the more resolution the better. Even better yet is multiple monitors. That allows you to have windows or toolbars open on another monitor while u have a clear workspace on another.

As for calibration, it obviously won't fix inherent flaws of the monitor itself like poor viewing angles, colour shifting, bleeding, etc but it does help a lot with stuff like colour accuracy, contrast and shadow/highlight detail. The Dell 2407 is ok but i find that the shadow detail isn't good in that there's a lot of noticeable banding/dithering with the very dark areas of an image. There is slight shifting with respects to contrast but the colour is quite consistent even when viewing at an angle. Just my $0.02 on the dell.

Default Found this Page from CNET which is helpful... more comments?

http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-7610_7-6384019-8.html

The editor's picks http://reviews.cnet.com/4370-3174_7-...1.html?tag=dir

It looks like the DELL 2407 seems like the best bang for the buck. Its selling online at $1000 inc GST. What is the next best option - if I can have one below this price - just for comparison? Hope someone can share the info.

Thanks again.

Guys,is HP Compaq's 14.1” Widescreen High Definition display with BrightView technology a good monitor with a good stock colour calibration?

Quote Originally Posted by Buggy View Post
    ahh.. we're looking at the same screen
    Hehehe... donch forget to calibrate hor...

Default Getting complicated with so many new models...

http://www.hardwarezone.com/news/view.php?id=8760&cid=6

http://www.trustedreviews.com/displa...Master-XL20/p1

Samsung appears to be delivering a new slew of models that has top quality image reproduction. Has anyone got experience with it?

Default oh Heck,... I think I will get this one instead...

It seems to be the most Bang for the Buck even though its only 22" and not 24"

http://www.trustedreviews.com/displa...aster-226BW/p1

2ms’, and ‘3000:1 Dynamic Contrast’ seems like a good buy and good review here with good IQ.

Managed to find a place here that sells it for under $400. Not a bad deal right?

Default Re: oh Heck,... I think I will get this one instead...

It seems to be the most Bang for the Buck even though its only 22" and not 24"

http://www.trustedreviews.com/displa...aster-226BW/p1

2ms’, and ‘3000:1 Dynamic Contrast’ seems like a good buy and good review here with good IQ.

Managed to find a place here that sells it for under $400. Not a bad deal right?

Oh - it comes with 3 year warranty too! :-)

Thanks but unfortunately - I am a PC user. :-(
    Can you recommend a PC LCD display.

FYI Apple cinema displays work on pc that have DVI Cables but you can get VGA to DVI at hardware shops. And they are quite good for video or imaging monitoring purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by hazmee View Post
    Hehehe... donch forget to calibrate hor...
    haha yah i calibrated it using gretagmacbeth display calibrator. is it me or the monitor, i feel there's a tinge after calibration? i think it's me not being used to it.

enlighten me someone? (a little off topic though)

I originally had the same problem with my Eye-one Display 2. I had to tweak some of the settings for it to give me what looks like a more neutral display.

Quote Originally Posted by Denosha View Post
    I originally had the same problem with my Eye-one Display 2. I had to tweak some of the settings for it to give me what looks like a more neutral display.
    I have the GretaMacbeth Calibrator as well. I have yet to try it on my new Samsung I just collected tonight. It works well with my notebook and my desktop monitors. It does seem a little warm but can you adjust it once the calibration is done?

What do you mean adjust it? Ideally u'd want the calibrator to set the colour temp for you correctly. I believe if you change the monitor settings after calibration it will effectively screw it up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12