Thread: waiting

Default waiting

Waiting...

Please comment, advise.
    Last edited by eikin; 20th November 2007 at 09:56 PM. Reason: embed larger image

Default Re: waiting

1. do use the code for ''Linked Medium'' or ''Medium Image'' instead of ''Linked Thumbnail'' when putting your picture in the thread, you need to click on the small icon on the right side of the thumbnail url code to see the other codes.

2. as per guidelines (please refer to the stickies) please include a short writeup for your picture.

thanks.

err just a snap shot?

Quote Originally Posted by tribal.snake View Post
    err just a snap shot?
    actually, i'm not sure if i'm reading too much into ts' eye

but i do like this shot in a way, you can see that there has been a placement of the subject on the thirds, which makes the picture much more than just a snapshot

the long shadow cast by the lamppost, and the lamppost itself, does give a "mood" about the picture

what makes the picture fail for me, is:

1) the lack of sharpness
    2) the perceived high jpg compression, which could contribute to 1), if you look at the top right area ts, there are blotches of pixels which are very, very ugly
    3) it definitely needs a better arrangement of elements. the less the better.

could i ask what camera you are using? this is to advise you with regards to settings, or maybe this compression was achieved when you saved for web upload, i won't know

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    actually, i'm not sure if i'm reading too much into ts' eye

but i do like this shot in a way, you can see that there has been a placement of the subject on the thirds, which makes the picture much more than just a snapshot

the long shadow cast by the lamppost, and the lamppost itself, does give a "mood" about the picture

what makes the picture fail for me, is:

1) the lack of sharpness
    2) the perceived high jpg compression, which could contribute to 1), if you look at the top right area ts, there are blotches of pixels which are very, very ugly
    3) it definitely needs a better arrangement of elements. the less the better.

could i ask what camera you are using? this is to advise you with regards to settings, or maybe this compression was achieved when you saved for web upload, i won't know
    ... I relook into this thread having seen someone sent in a reply. Thanks night86mare...

I will not talk technically about the picture.. but I do agree with night86mare.. There is a mood felt... a good idea by just didn't realize the full potential. Just Imagine the darkening of the surrounding... (which technically removes the messy distractions, but no tech from me...) with an illumination of the bus stop and small surroundings... man, that is the spook. Coupled with your heading of "waiting"... it does make the mind go wild a little...

Night86mare... most horror show do not show clearly how the hantu looks over prolong period.. do u think that might be the reason why this "unshapen" pic catched our attention.. Haa.. i was looking at the person alot... trust me.. wahhaaa..
    | www.falconite.com | flickr |
    Canon Equipments

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    EXIF says Nikon D80.

To me, the person waiting is WAY too small, very easy to overlook. And the safety barriers on the left are too distracting.
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by falconite View Post
    I will not talk technically about the picture.. but I do agree with night86mare.. There is a mood felt... a good idea by just didn't realize the full potential. Just Imagine the darkening of the surrounding... (which technically removes the messy distractions, but no tech from me...) with an illumination of the bus stop and small surroundings... man, that is the spook. Coupled with your heading of "waiting"... it does make the mind go wild a little...

Night86mare... most horror show do not show clearly how the hantu looks over prolong period.. do u think that might be the reason why this "unshapen" pic catched our attention.. Haa.. i was looking at the person alot... trust me.. wahhaaa..
    technically this could be done with proper layering. i would demonstrate roughly how.. but i would require a better version of the picture with more details and less compression

hahahahaha hantu? aiyo.. choi choi don't talk about ghosts!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    EXIF says Nikon D80.

To me, the person waiting is WAY too small, very easy to overlook. And the safety barriers on the left are too distracting.
    ahhh, then must have been saved to web or very low quality jpg incam settings.

i agree with the point on the safety barriers.. with regards to size of person, i don't know, i didn't even notice him, so this entirely depends on the ts' point. for me, i view this as a personification of the bus-stop. so cold.. so lonely.. in the middle of the night.. waiting for nothing, since all the buses have gone home.

It looks like a "looking out of the window one late night and saw one person in the bus stop so i grab my camera and try to take a shot hopefully it looks as moody as what i saw" shot.

It feels rather impromptu and a lack of thought being put into the picture.

I believe that the TS is new to photography and is trying to capture the mood he/she saw that one late night.
    Dun blame the camera...blame the one behind the viewfinder :bsmilie:
    My Flickr..pls leave comments!