Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nikon D40x or Canon eos 400

Default Nikon D40x or Canon eos 400

i need help here. i'm considering of getting a dslr camera and i dunnoe if i should get which one.
    can anyone help mi. i have ask around for prices and the nikon d40x is cheaper by 200 bucks.
    should i just get the nikon as the saleman told mi the lens are better than canon.
    or should i get canon as my frenz say the more exp means better. lol. need help.

Default Re: Nikon D40x or Canon eos 400

More expensive certainly does not mean better.

But seriously, this has been asked many, many, many times before. Please try a search before this thread gets locked for being another C vs N war.
    Alpha

go and try out both and see which one u like
    http://www.dreamstime.com/Ionsoon_info
    So much Creativity So much Technology

I went thru the same considerations and at the, I went for the Cann 400D for 2 main reasons:
    (1) better lens availability. Nikon D40x can only use new lens (fewer choice esp from 2nd-hand market)
    (2) CMOS technology used in Canon is more advance than Nikon's CCD.
    But I like the handling of Nikon D40x much more.

but im a beginner. is canon eos 400 easier to use?

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    More expensive certainly does not mean better.

But seriously, this has been asked many, many, many times before. Please try a search before this thread gets locked for being another C vs N war.
    i agree fully.

Quote Originally Posted by brokenhartx View Post
    but im a beginner. is canon eos 400 easier to use?
    Some find canon easier to use. Others, Nikon. Others, Olympus. Others, Sony. Others, Pentax. Others....

See a trend? Look at post 3. TRY BEFORE YOU BUY. Try a lot. See which one feels better, which one has controls that make more sense to you.
    Alpha

or should i get canon as my frenz say the more exp means better. lol. need help.
    your friends are entirely loved by the tenants in sim lim square

i bet they have a little altar dedicated to your friends in a corner of their shops

but anyways, NO, expensive does not mean better. otherwise a one million dollar toothpick will be the BEST toothpick in the world

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    your friends are entirely loved by the tenants in sim lim square

i bet they have a little altar dedicated to your friends in a corner of their shops

but anyways, NO, expensive does not mean better. otherwise a one million dollar toothpick will be the BEST toothpick in the world
    I have a $2,000,000 toothbrush!!! But for you, I'll give you a special price... $5,000!!
    Alpha

i need help here. i'm considering of getting a dslr camera and i dunnoe if i should get which one.
    can anyone help mi. i have ask around for prices and the nikon d40x is cheaper by 200 bucks.
    should i just get the nikon as the saleman told mi the lens are better than canon.
    well ur friends are not necessarily right, but if they use canon, that's a good reason itself to buy canon.

well ur friends are not necessarily right, but if they use canon, that's a good reason itself to buy canon.

*groan*

sorree for multiple posts... grrrr

i tried to try out both the cam. but i did went to cathay photo at penisular and the uncle there said this to mi " if u comfirm wanna buy then i can show it to you"
    i comfirm wanna buy. but not at the point of time. those uncle see i young boy then dun allow.
    like wtf.

i tried to try out both the cam. but i did went to cathay photo at penisular and the uncle there said this to mi " if u comfirm wanna buy then i can show it to you"
    i comfirm wanna buy. but not at the point of time. those uncle see i young boy then dun allow.
    like wtf.
    Maybe you can bring someone along... so they don't see you as a small boy.

On another note, you cannot really try out a camera in a camera shop. You need to try out a camera while out on shooting trips. Ask if you could go along on some shooting trips and try out the cameras that are available. Find other friends who have different models and makes, and try them out too. Handle it, learn from yoru friends... then determine if that is what you want.

A few of my frens go shooting once in awhile, so if you are interested, PM me and I can keep you posted if you are interested to shoot... and by the way... the group of us who go shooting are using Canon's and Nikon's...
    A picture tells a thousand words... make yours speak a million!
    My Flickr | My Blog

like wtf.
    try best denki at taka. you can try out the cameras there, I know 400d is available there, 40D also. but for D40x, i think you need to request from the sales man.
    Last edited by Draccoyap; 20th November 2007 at 01:34 PM.

like wtf.
    Counts in Tampaines has lots of display unit for you to try and test out too. By the way, how young are you if you don't mind me asking. Cheers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast