Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Affordable Notary Public?

  1. #1

    Default Affordable Notary Public?

    Hi,
    I need a Notary Public to authenticate my personal income. And I need the Notary Public understand Chinese because I need him to authenticate my document in Chinese version as well.

    Anybody has experience on this? Could you recommend some?

    Thank you very much!

    Regards,

  2. #2

    Default Re: Affordable Notary Public?

    there is a lady at golden mile who does it. i can't remember her name though. think shld be cheap since that time my friend quite broke but still go there to do it. check yellowpages. its some old lady.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Affordable Notary Public?

    Thank you so much!
    The "golden mile" is the name of the notary public office?

  4. #4
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: Affordable Notary Public?

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Gun View Post
    Thank you so much!
    The "golden mile" is the name of the notary public office?
    I take it he meant the building Golden Mile is located at Beach Road next door to Woh Hup Complex

  5. #5

    Default Re: Affordable Notary Public?

    yup. located at the golden mile complex or little thailand.

  6. #6
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Affordable Notary Public?

    Hmm, you need the Notary to authenticate your personal income meaning you need him to certify a copy as being true? It does sound strange to have a Notary certify a document in Chinese though; what is he attesting to? that it is a true translation?

    Notaries usually witness signatures or certify true copies of documents.

    Also do you need the document for overseas purposes or local purpose? Notaries are usually meant for overseas purposes.

    Perhaps if you could post more on your requirements I could help you a little more.

    Of course, if you are already advised and are sure of the procedures, go right ahead!

    It just sounds a bit odd to me

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Gun View Post
    Hi,
    I need a Notary Public to authenticate my personal income. And I need the Notary Public understand Chinese because I need him to authenticate my document in Chinese version as well.

    Anybody has experience on this? Could you recommend some?

    Thank you very much!

    Regards,

  7. #7

    Default Re: Affordable Notary Public?

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Gun View Post
    Hi,
    I need a Notary Public to authenticate my personal income. And I need the Notary Public understand Chinese because I need him to authenticate my document in Chinese version as well.

    Anybody has experience on this? Could you recommend some?

    Thank you very much!

    Regards,
    If you need to this for china, you need to go to the China Embassy to do it. then when you reach China, u still have to go to their Notary centre to do it again.
    Dreams at Photoaid! Contact me, pls!

  8. #8
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Affordable Notary Public?

    Sounds more like legalisation to me now.....

  9. #9

    Default Re: Affordable Notary Public?

    Got reply from one Notary Public, she told me the price is 400 SGD including Chinese traslation. Gosh...

  10. #10
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Affordable Notary Public?

    Hmm, well translators cost a lot - the bulk of the cost is probably from the translation.

    Notary fees are usually not that expensive.

    Also, as stated before, I have no idea what your transaction is about so hard to give comments as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Gun View Post
    Got reply from one Notary Public, she told me the price is 400 SGD including Chinese traslation. Gosh...

  11. #11

    Default Re: Affordable Notary Public?

    I think I was asked high price.
    Because even the translation fee cannot be that high. It is only an official letter to authenticate I am working for current company and got regular income.

    And the Chinese version is not a must which can be done separately in China.

    Regards,

  12. #12
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Affordable Notary Public?

    From what you say, it sounds like your company wrote a letter saying that you are working for them, and the Notary is supposed to certify this document as being a true copy?

    If not, how can the Notary authenticate that you are working for the company? he won't have your employment records or contract. I think the only one who can certify you are workign for the company is the company itself.

    As for regular income, an extract from the CPF contribution should be sufficient. The notary just has to certify this as being a true extract and that should be good enough.

    If it just involves a chop and signature to certify true, i think it should not you more than S$40 per signature.

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Gun View Post
    I think I was asked high price.
    Because even the translation fee cannot be that high. It is only an official letter to authenticate I am working for current company and got regular income.

    And the Chinese version is not a must which can be done separately in China.

    Regards,

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •