Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Complete cleaning of cameras

Default Re: Complete cleaning of cameras

yup i bought the soln but not the pec pads cause i solved my problem after realising that i had a blower. and just by using the blower, the dust came off Zzzz.... $19 worth Eclipse no need to use liao hahah. might consider to get the pec pads too. ya the offer is still on while stock last.

Quote Originally Posted by SolBadGuy View Post
    try again after blowing your sensor? maybe you can blow the dust with a blower?
    Tried a few times already...... been noticing these 2 spot since my Bali trip. At 1st thought it was dirt on lense.

Scuba & Father... For Life

your dust situation doesnt look that bad. mine can be seen on the lcd n it was only 1 mth old.

Quote Originally Posted by boredphuck View Post
    your dust situation doesnt look that bad. mine can be seen on the lcd n it was only 1 mth old.
    Wow.... Thats really bad !!

Scuba & Father... For Life

No matter how much you try to clean, dust is inevitable and will always be there. However unless you shoot at f22 against a bright blue sky, minor dust spots will not show up on your indoor shots.

I have since stopped worrying about dust unless I go on a photographic trip that lasts for several days or more. Then I bring my cameras down to the Canon Service Centre for a thorough cleaning. (BTW they charge $20 + gst for sensor cleaning and takes about 1 hour to have it done!)

Deregistered

Add to what Syl posted, you may also want to do the following whenever you can.
    - Avoid changing lens in dusty places (not always avoidable).
    - Facing body downwards when changing lenses, less chance of dust settling in.
    - Regularly clean (blow or dry-wipe) the mount on both the body and the lenses.
    - Regularly blow the sensor in a relatively minimal-dust environment.
    - Keep everything in a minimal-dust bag/cabinet.

i've had my camera for over a year now and have only had one issue with a massive dust spot. it was huge! like a grain of sand i'm sure there are a few spots here and there, but who's pixel peeping?

i also change my lens whenever i feel like and not worry so much about the environment that i change it in. small dust spots are nothing to worry about. just keep shooting!
    5D | 24-70L | 28mm f/1.8 | 580EX

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12