Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 42

Thread: Canon 1Ds Mk 3 VS Nikon D3

  1. #1

    Default Canon 1Ds Mk 3 VS Nikon D3

    Got some information from http://www.biccamera.com/bicbic/jsp/w/index.jsp as shown below:

    Canon EOS 1Ds Mk 3

    Expected date of sale is 29th November 2007, cost in SGD is $11 658.98 approx.

    Nikon D3

    Expected date of sale is 30th November 2007, cost in SGD is $7 550.58 approx.

    This time, Canon and Nikon are going all out to battle against each other. So which side will you support, the white side or the dark side?

  2. #2

    Default Re: Canon 1Ds Mk 3 VS Nikon D3

    Quote Originally Posted by Fumiryu View Post
    This time, Canon and Nikon are going all out to battle against each other. So which side will you support, the white side or the dark side?
    Would I get equipment sponsorship or financial rewards by supporting?

  3. #3

    Default Re: Canon 1Ds Mk 3 VS Nikon D3

    Just a side comment - I think the 1Ds Mk3 and D3 aren't actually direct competitors... the D3's more as a response to the 1D Mk3 whereas the 1Ds Mk3 is a more specialised studio camera, offering 22.1 MP (!), which explains the difference in price... it's more of Nikon trying to eat the 1D's market and Canon trying to bite in the the market dominated by MF cameras like Hasselblad.

    That said, if I've the money, of course buy the Canon lah

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Redhill
    Posts
    57

    Default Re: Canon 1Ds Mk 3 VS Nikon D3

    hmm hassy vs canon... who will win? lets hope nikon churn out more and better models soon den all will be cheap cheap!

  5. #5

    Default Re: Canon 1Ds Mk 3 VS Nikon D3

    Quote Originally Posted by o00001 View Post
    hmm hassy vs canon... who will win? lets hope nikon churn out more and better models soon den all will be cheap cheap!
    Good, I like your style! Let us hope that is really the case so consumers like us, benefit.

  6. #6
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: Canon 1Ds Mk 3 VS Nikon D3

    Quote Originally Posted by shinken View Post
    Would I get equipment sponsorship or financial rewards by supporting?
    This is just like the Mac Vs PC nonsense as usual heheheh... Personally, I am just a slightly more then casual photogrpher but even then I go for what suits me and my pocket. How much each of those giant conglomorate makes, pays their CEO, their survival in the industry or even their technology has nothing to do with my own pocket of limited resource.

    Good to read abit about it to get a balance view of both these and other brands so that I make a more practical choice for my next camera but not enough to turn my whole life around to be some rose tinted glass wearing fan-boy. When that happens in my view...your whole view about photography is bias for all the wrong reason. I use NIkon almost all my life but that does not mean I can't see the good that Canon or other brands has contributed to the overall advancement and goodness of photography. And I know for a fact given a short time frame what feature you see in one brand will soon appear in the others too.

    But that's just me.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Canon 1Ds Mk 3 VS Nikon D3

    Nikon D3 for me, if I need mega pixels, would prefer that it be on a medium format digital back. Clamping that much pixel in a 35 mm size sensor, something got to give.

    From what I've read, a mega pixel offering is in the pipeline with pixel count rivaling Canon's 1Ds Mk3 with similar D3 advantages excluding the FPS counts sometime next year.

    Whatever it is, competition between manufacturers drive technology advances.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Canon 1Ds Mk 3 VS Nikon D3

    Neither! Why?

    1. I can't afford either

    2. I don't support either of those 2 brands.
    Alpha

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    West
    Posts
    3,311

    Default Re: Canon 1Ds Mk 3 VS Nikon D3

    The latest in the rumour-mill is that Sony may roll out an FF camera too.

    Just look at all the FF prime lenses that Zeiss and Sony has been rolling out the past year.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Canon 1Ds Mk 3 VS Nikon D3

    Quote Originally Posted by Keltzar View Post
    The latest in the rumour-mill is that Sony may roll out an FF camera too.

    Just look at all the FF prime lenses that Zeiss and Sony has been rolling out the past year.
    Basically confirmed by Sony already... Should be out early 2008 maybe.
    Alpha

  11. #11

    Default Re: Canon 1Ds Mk 3 VS Nikon D3

    Quote Originally Posted by scrappy View Post
    Just a side comment - I think the 1Ds Mk3 and D3 aren't actually direct competitors... the D3's more as a response to the 1D Mk3 whereas the 1Ds Mk3 is a more specialised studio camera, offering 22.1 MP (!), which explains the difference in price... it's more of Nikon trying to eat the 1D's market and Canon trying to bite in the the market dominated by MF cameras like Hasselblad.

    That said, if I've the money, of course buy the Canon lah
    Exactly!
    i dunno how good is a 22.1mp pack in such a small sensor

    Oh Btw D300 will be out this coming week in HK

  12. #12

    Default Re: Canon 1Ds Mk 3 VS Nikon D3

    Quote Originally Posted by surflim View Post
    Exactly!
    i dunno how good is a 22.1mp pack in such a small sensor

    Oh Btw D300 will be out this coming week in HK

    The pixel density of the 1Ds Mk3 is LOWER than that of the D2x and about the same as a 20D. Do you have any complaints about D2x and 20D having too many pixels in a small sensor?
    Last edited by erwinx; 19th November 2007 at 08:00 PM.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    A village in a forest
    Posts
    1,515

    Default Re: Canon 1Ds Mk 3 VS Nikon D3

    Can I have both?
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    2,922

    Default Re: Canon 1Ds Mk 3 VS Nikon D3

    Olympus E-3!!

  15. #15

    Default Re: Canon 1Ds Mk 3 VS Nikon D3

    Quote Originally Posted by hazmee View Post
    Olympus E-3!!
    ...is not full-frame, but rather a 4/3 camera. Let's wait till Olympus joins the full-frame team and then we can include it here.
    Alpha

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Legion
    Posts
    7,751

    Default Re: Canon 1Ds Mk 3 VS Nikon D3

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    ...is not full-frame, but rather a 4/3 camera. Let's wait till Olympus joins the full-frame team and then we can include it here.
    even if they join, all the 4/3 can't be used without cropping. and at that time, its probably not call 4/3 liao.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Canon 1Ds Mk 3 VS Nikon D3

    Quote Originally Posted by ExplorerZ View Post
    even if they join, all the 4/3 can't be used without cropping. and at that time, its probably not call 4/3 liao.
    Correct. Olympus would need to create a non-4/3 camera.
    Alpha

  18. #18

    Default Re: Canon 1Ds Mk 3 VS Nikon D3

    Quote Originally Posted by kelccm View Post
    Can I have both?
    Can, no problem, as long as you have the cash.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Correct. Olympus would need to create a non-4/3 camera.
    Great, more companies join in the fun means more competition in terms of technology and price and we as consumers will benefit most. Very soon, full frame DSLRs will be very common.
    Last edited by Fumiryu; 20th November 2007 at 06:10 PM. Reason: Typo error

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    125'10.16"N 10350'11.01"E
    Posts
    1,052

    Default Re: Canon 1Ds Mk 3 VS Nikon D3

    I support canon

    I will buy neither of these, why not buy a 5D you wanna go full frame and spend the remaining on some L glasses.


  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Clementi, Singapore
    Posts
    2,836

    Default Re: Canon 1Ds Mk 3 VS Nikon D3

    Nikon All The Way, Dark Is The New Light!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •