Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 91

Thread: Portrait lens

  1. #61
    Senior Member xunjas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Singapura
    Posts
    6,490

    Default Re: Portrait lens

    Quote Originally Posted by flipfreak View Post
    so would u pick a FF or a 1.3?
    i dun mind using 1.3x with 24-70mm, FF would be 5D or u know 10K 1Ds... 1.3x sensor is still wider than 1.6x sensor~~ 1Ds still too ex.. 1D is much cheaper and 1.3x sensor is still quite not that narrow in perspective comparing to FF sensor..

  2. #62

    Default Re: Portrait lens

    Quote Originally Posted by xunjas View Post
    i dun mind using 1.3x with 24-70mm, FF would be 5D or u know 10K 1Ds... 1.3x sensor is still wider than 1.6x sensor~~ 1Ds still too ex.. 1D is much cheaper and 1.3x sensor is still quite not that narrow in perspective comparing to FF sensor..
    yeah. im seriously thinking between that 2 at the moment. let's see what canon comes out with next yr.

  3. #63
    Senior Member xunjas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Singapura
    Posts
    6,490

    Default Re: Portrait lens

    Quote Originally Posted by flipfreak View Post
    yeah. im seriously thinking between that 2 at the moment. let's see what canon comes out with next yr.
    i dun mind getting 1Dmiii or iv in the future~~ 5D can be my back up cam.

  4. #64

    Default Re: Portrait lens

    Quote Originally Posted by xunjas View Post
    i dun mind getting 1Dmiii or iv in the future~~ 5D can be my back up cam.
    how much did u pay for ur 5D?

  5. #65
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Serangoon North
    Posts
    2,225

    Default Re: Portrait lens

    You guys are filthy rich.. I'm so jealous..

  6. #66

    Default Re: Portrait lens

    Quote Originally Posted by m3lv1nh0 View Post
    You guys are filthy rich.. I'm so jealous..
    we work hard so we play hard.

  7. #67
    Senior Member xunjas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Singapura
    Posts
    6,490

    Default Re: Portrait lens

    Quote Originally Posted by flipfreak View Post
    how much did u pay for ur 5D?
    300000 Yen in Jul 07.

  8. #68
    Senior Member xunjas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Singapura
    Posts
    6,490

    Default Re: Portrait lens

    Quote Originally Posted by m3lv1nh0 View Post
    You guys are filthy rich.. I'm so jealous..
    we had our hardship before today..

  9. #69

    Default Re: Portrait lens

    I'm the nikon user
    for the portrait lens, somebody suggest 50mm f/1.8, cheap and good. there's 50mm f/1.4 too, but far more expansive. I use D40x so Autofocus do not work with that lens :-(. even f/1.8 is hard enough to get right focus so I don't even think of buying f/1.4. (bigger the aperture, narrower the DoF)

    One of my pro-friend told me that he won't buy any new gear until he could earn and save enough money from photography. That's his policy. If you are the professional one, you can follow his policy. But for me like entry level user, it is out of question to earn from camera, (except sold out own camera :-). Bad lah..

    So better try to become a "photographer" not "camera-man".

    Flintz

  10. #70

    Default Re: Portrait lens

    Quote Originally Posted by Flintz View Post
    I'm the nikon user
    for the portrait lens, somebody suggest 50mm f/1.8, cheap and good. there's 50mm f/1.4 too, but far more expansive. I use D40x so Autofocus do not work with that lens :-(. even f/1.8 is hard enough to get right focus so I don't even think of buying f/1.4. (bigger the aperture, narrower the DoF)

    One of my pro-friend told me that he won't buy any new gear until he could earn and save enough money from photography. That's his policy. If you are the professional one, you can follow his policy. But for me like entry level user, it is out of question to earn from camera, (except sold out own camera :-). Bad lah..

    So better try to become a "photographer" not "camera-man".

    Flintz
    luckily we using canon so no problem with no af on any EF lenses.

  11. #71

    Default Re: Portrait lens

    Quote Originally Posted by xunjas View Post
    300000 Yen in Jul 07.
    let me press my calculator to see how much was it ....

    S$3.9k! was it the kit or the body?

  12. #72
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: Portrait lens

    Quote Originally Posted by m3lv1nh0 View Post
    You guys are filthy rich.. I'm so jealous..
    Must reward ourselves after hard work.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  13. #73
    Senior Member xunjas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Singapura
    Posts
    6,490

    Default Re: Portrait lens

    Quote Originally Posted by flipfreak View Post
    let me press my calculator to see how much was it ....

    S$3.9k! was it the kit or the body?
    body. i can buy @ 3.5k by paying cash.. can get more discounts, and exempt bank exchange rate~~

  14. #74
    Senior Member xunjas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Singapura
    Posts
    6,490

    Default Re: Portrait lens

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle View Post
    Must reward ourselves after hard work.
    photography is more affordable for me comparing to buyin WRX, EVO or integra~~

  15. #75

    Default Re: Portrait lens

    Quote Originally Posted by xunjas View Post
    body. i can buy @ 3.5k by paying cash.. can get more discounts, and exempt bank exchange rate~~
    wah. tempting tempting. thinking of going hk in jan or feb. may just get my lenses there instead.

  16. #76

    Default Re: Portrait lens

    Quote Originally Posted by xunjas View Post
    photography is more affordable for me comparing to buyin WRX, EVO or integra~~
    ya man. don't remind me. my type r and rex killed my bank account big time till i stopped driving. now imagine what i pay for installments, fuel, parking, etc is just lying there.

  17. #77
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: Portrait lens

    Quote Originally Posted by xunjas View Post
    photography is more affordable for me comparing to buyin WRX, EVO or integra~~
    Haha those i'm not interested. Photography's a lot more interesting to me and u spend a whole lot less.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  18. #78
    Senior Member xunjas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Singapura
    Posts
    6,490

    Default Re: Portrait lens

    Quote Originally Posted by flipfreak View Post
    wah. tempting tempting. thinking of going hk in jan or feb. may just get my lenses there instead.
    JP yen is quite high now, exchange currency before june holidays @ suntec fountain moola changer, Jul has summer sale~~ HK dun have tax on their electronics =)

  19. #79
    Senior Member xunjas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Singapura
    Posts
    6,490

    Default Re: Portrait lens

    now 5D in JP should much less than 3.5K by now..

  20. #80
    Senior Member xunjas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Singapura
    Posts
    6,490

    Default Re: Portrait lens

    Quote Originally Posted by flipfreak View Post
    ya man. don't remind me. my type r and rex killed my bank account big time till i stopped driving. now imagine what i pay for installments, fuel, parking, etc is just lying there.
    u have too much spare moola mah~~

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •