Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pizza

Default Re: Pizza

Hi munkey, thanks for the comments. Which angle would you shoot the pizza? Top down?

No, not for commercial and its definitely for personal consumption, literally.

Joke? May be because I love to joke when I talk in real life, so inherently I may sound funny. But cant tell where is funny, can you please enlighten me. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by munkey View Post
    Sorry about that but it was a moment's spur.

Well firsty the pizza is already so flat, and the angle in which you are taking the picture makes the pizza look even more flat than before, which really isnt gonna work at all.

Secondly, is this for commercial or personal use? If youre trying to sell it to the shop please dont, the caption looks like a joke really.

Sorry about that but it was a moment's spur.

Well firsty the pizza is already so flat, and the angle in which you are taking the picture makes the pizza look even more flat than before, which really isnt gonna work at all.

Secondly, is this for commercial or personal use? If youre trying to sell it to the shop please dont, the caption looks like a joke really.

Hmm...is a super thin-crust pizza supposed to look thick and fluffy?

Thin and crispy crust is the main difference between this Japanese Pizza and the Pizza Hut Italian Pizza....

OT....Dream Merchant, not eating Cheese Cake recently?

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    Hmm...is a super thin-crust pizza supposed to look thick and fluffy?

please refrain from casual chit chats. thanks.

Try altering the exposure values in PS to get the appearance of more depth in the shot.
    Last edited by eikin; 22nd November 2007 at 08:23 PM. Reason: OT postings removed.

for those who need help regarding making posts in critique corner, here's a reminder to refer to the guidelines and tips in the stickies.

http://forums.clubsnap.com/showthread.php?t=273343
    http://forums.clubsnap.com/showthread.php?t=280307

thanks.

Dream Merchant's OT postings in post #25 have been removed.

Well what settings did you shoot with? It depends on what angle you prefer, be it top down or bottoms up. I was thinking since you've obviously discarded the first option and gone ahead with the close up, why not use a more shallow DoF to emphasise the important areas in the picture? Else it'll just look like you took it with your handphone camera.
    Canon 40D, 10-22, 35, 70-200
    http://theserialhobbyist.multiply.com

Quote Originally Posted by eikin View Post
    for those who need help regarding making posts in critique corner, here's a reminder to refer to the guidelines and tips in the stickies.

http://forums.clubsnap.com/showthread.php?t=273343
    http://forums.clubsnap.com/showthread.php?t=280307

thanks.

Dream Merchant's OT postings in post #25 have been removed.
    My humble apologies Dear Aikin.

CHEERS!

Hi Ekin, I think its not casual chat....whether to shoot a supposely think crust pizza to look thick isn't casual at all. Its about the idea behind the shot I suppose. What do you think?

please refrain from casual chit chats. thanks.

I have to check the setting....but I shot it with a 50mm f1.8 lens.

About shallow DOF, can you just discribe from which part to which part of the pizza would you think should be sharp? I think that is easier, than to give f-stop value and focal length and focus distance, then calculate the DOF....

Thanks.

Well what settings did you shoot with? It depends on what angle you prefer, be it top down or bottoms up. I was thinking since you've obviously discarded the first option and gone ahead with the close up, why not use a more shallow DoF to emphasise the important areas in the picture? Else it'll just look like you took it with your handphone camera.

Quote Originally Posted by lastboltnut View Post
    Hi Ekin, I think its not casual chat....whether to shoot a supposely think crust pizza to look thick isn't casual at all. Its about the idea behind the shot I suppose. What do you think?
    if your discussions are going to help in the critique of the picture, by all means. i've posted that message as a reminder to everyone not to treat this place like kopitiam.
    Last edited by eikin; 23rd November 2007 at 07:19 PM.

Hi guys, here is a pic of the same Pizza with a clean cutter, the cutter is less dominant in this shot too....which one do you prefer?

Thanks!

Thanks eikin.

if your discussions are going to help in the critique of the picture, by all means. i've posted that message as a reminder to everyone not to treat this place like kopitiam.

i do prefer the second shot, composition and element arrangement wise, but the colours look bland and the lighting flat. just my 2 cents.
    Trust me, I'm not so bad! | TangShooters

Thanks SBG, may be the PP wasn't very well done on the colour. Gota try again.

Quote Originally Posted by SolBadGuy View Post
    i do prefer the second shot, composition and element arrangement wise, but the colours look bland and the lighting flat. just my 2 cents.

Seems like you almost blew the highlights.
    Canon 40D, 10-22, 35, 70-200
    http://theserialhobbyist.multiply.com

Wah the picture is TERRIBLY FLAT and the CAPTION IS IMMATURE HALP!
    Pizzas are flat ma

Seriously, the pic don't look flat to me. Looks fine to me, just that the oily cutter seems to be way distracting.

If almost, then its not blown? Jus joking. Yah, certain greasy area are a bit white.

Seems like you almost blew the highlights.

Thanks ndroo. Yah, what a waste.....ok, may be I will use this excuse to go and re-shoot again (and eat again). Thanks for the tips.

Quote Originally Posted by ndroo View Post
    Pizzas are flat ma

Seriously, the pic don't look flat to me. Looks fine to me, just that the oily cutter seems to be way distracting.

Quote Originally Posted by lastboltnut View Post
    Hi guys, here is a pic of the same Pizza with a clean cutter, the cutter is less dominant in this shot too....which one do you prefer?

Thanks!

The cutter does not add to the photo, in fact, i find it a distraction. You want to have the cutter, then have to show it is meant for, show it cutting the pizza.

PS. pardon the OT, can you also let me know where in Central is this available? look really yummy.
    Last edited by grumpy; 27th November 2007 at 02:45 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast