Thread: Where to buy cheap fax machine?

Default Where to buy cheap fax machine?

Where to buy cheap fax machine? Funan? Suntec?

Default Re: Where to buy cheap fax machine?

Quote Originally Posted by s2s1 View Post
    Where to buy cheap fax machine? Funan? Suntec?
    buy those all in ones lor...

sim lim better bet... or wait til the exhibition.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

No, it's not for PC use. It's used for fax and phone call only. Sim Lim sell this also? But I am sick to go Sim Lim 1st and 2nd level shop. Not familiar with the price and then chopped by them.

I would like to recommend a Brother MFC-240C, it is a all in one machine:

1. Color Printer
    2. Photo copier for color and B/W
    3. Scanner
    4. Fax function

This mahcine come with inidividual ink cartridge and multiple page feeder. Even if you don't want to use as printer, it can also be funciton as copier and fax machine, better still, it cost only $240. If you hate to deal with people in SLS, you can go to South Asia Computer at Funan 3rd floor, their price not the best but very reasonable and the price is fixed and labled on the items.

Do a search of this unit, it has very cool fax functions:

1. When faxing, it scans all the document in high speed, after scanning, it will then do the dialing.
    2. I love its fax feature, for example, if you are sharing the fax with normal phone, then you can set it to "Manual" mode, when the phone rings, pick up the call with by the phone attached to the machine, and if you hear the fax tone, just press the receive button, the fax will take over. Of cause in this case if you are not in, it will not be able to receive fax automatically.
    3. If you set it to fax mode, when a call come in, the fax will auto receive, then it wait for the fax tone, if it does not receive a fax tone, then the attached phone will ring for people to answer the call, if it detect the fax tone, it will receive the fax.

No, it's not for PC use. It's used for fax and phone call only. Sim Lim sell this also? But I am sick to go Sim Lim 1st and 2nd level shop. Not familiar with the price and then chopped by them.
    nowadays nobody use thermal paper already...

now is either the inkjet all in one or laser all in one. fax is additional feature.

I prefer the canon ones.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Paris Silk at Holland V got. Reputation for fair prices.

Ok, I go check up. Thanks!
    Last edited by s2s1; 17th November 2007 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    Paris Silk at Holland V got. Reputation for fair prices.
    yes Parisilk is also a reliable shop.

Quote Originally Posted by poh6702 View Post
    I would like to recommend a Brother MFC-240C, it is a all in one machine:

1. Color Printer
    2. Photo copier for color and B/W
    3. Scanner
    4. Fax function

This mahcine come with inidividual ink cartridge and multiple page feeder. Even if you don't want to use as printer, it can also be funciton as copier and fax machine, better still, it cost only $240. If you hate to deal with people in SLS, you can go to South Asia Computer at Funan 3rd floor, their price not the best but very reasonable and the price is fixed and labled on the items.

Do a search of this unit, it has very cool fax functions:

1. When faxing, it scans all the document in high speed, after scanning, it will then do the dialing.
    2. I love its fax feature, for example, if you are sharing the fax with normal phone, then you can set it to "Manual" mode, when the phone rings, pick up the call with by the phone attached to the machine, and if you hear the fax tone, just press the receive button, the fax will take over. Of cause in this case if you are not in, it will not be able to receive fax automatically.
    3. If you set it to fax mode, when a call come in, the fax will auto receive, then it wait for the fax tone, if it does not receive a fax tone, then the attached phone will ring for people to answer the call, if it detect the fax tone, it will receive the fax.
    I found their promotion,
    http://www.brother.com.sg/promo/Colour%20Inkjet.pdf

In the pic, there is no phone unit attach to the 240C. Does any phone come with the machine?

I found their promotion,
    http://www.brother.com.sg/promo/Colour%20Inkjet.pdf

In the pic, there is no phone unit attach to the 240C. Does any phone come with the machine?
    if not mistaken, if the machine can handle automatic phone or fax relay switching, you can attach your regular house phone and use that as a handset and dial your fax with the onboard keypad. check their specs before buying.

Personally i don't recommend all in one!
    cause the ink usage is very high, even if u are getting Black fax ALL the time, the rest of the colors are being used up. I totally regret it when I realized the cost was much higher than I expected!

Quote Originally Posted by Nisa View Post
    Personally i don't recommend all in one!
    cause the ink usage is very high, even if u are getting Black fax ALL the time, the rest of the colors are being used up. I totally regret it when I realized the cost was much higher than I expected!
    you could use screen mode by not putting any paper in the tray and check the received fax before printing.

when printing, select 'print colors in black' to force the printer to use only the black cartridge. this may differ from printer brands but i know the canon printer i have uses only the black ink when set correctly.

or get laser all in ones, can use as a laser printer... faster and better, best is dun smudge when use highlighter.

hmm... I think we go too far. Actually, the fax is needed by my aunt. I don't think she need so many function and Laser sound too advance for her.

Anyway, I propose the Brother for her. Let her decide.