Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A P&S camera

Default Re: A P&S camera

Quote Originally Posted by posn75 View Post
    Can u bring your sony booth elsewhere ?? Thanks.
    Crawl back under the rock you came from.
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by frametology View Post
    hmmm. i was looking at the panasonic lumix DMC-FX12. it's going for 299 now (in today's papers)

anyone has any objections or suggestions? ha.

i don't really like the new sony cams. my aunty has one, and under low lighting conditions, the pictures come out quite bad. outdoors is a separate matter, the pics are lovely.
    The panasonic is amongst the worst in that regard... Even under cloudy outdoor conditions, the FX12 will have ISO noise. It's well-known to have an excellent lens, but a lousy sensor.
    Alpha

You come in, contribute nothing to the thread and post a personal attack against me. I suggest you either contact me via PM and use that to air your grievances, or shut up.
    Alpha

Oh, and before I forget... You're a Nikon user, right? Enjoy your Sony sensor.
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    owned

The panasonic is amongst the worst in that regard... Even under cloudy outdoor conditions, the FX12 will have ISO noise. It's well-known to have an excellent lens, but a lousy sensor.
    hmmm. really ah. sian.

what about the casio EXZ77?

i don't like sony lahhh. :P

Fujifilm F40FD
    Fujifilm F50FD
    Fujifilm F31FD - If you can still find it.

All good for low-light pictures.
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2

Thanks. I would much rather have a fuji ccd sensor if i had it my way.
    Last edited by posn75; 24th November 2007 at 12:03 AM.
    Bob Paisley " well boys, i've got the bloody job, i'd did'nt want the thing anyway"

You come in, contribute nothing to the thread and post a personal attack against me. I suggest you either contact me via PM and use that to air your grievances, or shut up.
    If u wanna take a as a personal attack, go ahead. No apologies will be given. I think there's a more mature way to do things here instead of asking ppl to shut up.

In the first place, why get so confrontational ?? What do u gain out of it ?? Come on, what's constitute a contribution in your opinion then, pushing your attitude down ppl's throat and expecting them to accept it ??

Mind you, this is a public forum, if you can't take a bit of banter, then tats your own probelm.
    Bob Paisley " well boys, i've got the bloody job, i'd did'nt want the thing anyway"

Oh before i forget, i rather have fuji sensor in my nikon actually, and since i dun own Nikon, so i pretty much have to live with a sensor of second choice.

Please dun get me wrong, its not tat i dun like sony, just tat its not good enuf in my honest opinion.

Hellooo.

This I don't think this thread should belong here, but i have no idea where else to post it, so please shift it if you must.

I'm looking for a P&S camera for a friend. budget is $350.

Any suggestions?

I was thinking a casio exilim or maybe a panasonic. Any other brands that i should consider?

Thanks
    Harvey Norman selling Canon Powershot 570A IS for $369, free 2 pieces of 2G SD cards, 4 rechargable batts.

hmmm. really ah. sian.

what about the casio EXZ77?

i don't like sony lahhh. :P
    Casio is horrible!!

Get a Fuji or Canon then.
    Alpha

i rather have fuji sensor in my nikon actually, and since i dun own Nikon, so i pretty much have to live with a sensor of second choice.
    Err... You say you want a Fuji sensor on "your" Nikon, then say you don't own a Nikon, your B&S posts are Nikon lenses and your images have an EXIF showing Nikon D50.
    Alpha

Err... You say you want a Fuji sensor on "your" Nikon, then say you don't own a Nikon, your B&S posts are Nikon lenses and your images have an EXIF showing Nikon D50.
    Checking up on me haven't u .. haha.. i meant i dun own nikon corporation.

hi there.. new to this forum. i would also like to ask which camera is recommended. fuji F40 or one of the canon powershot.

Quote Originally Posted by somebody26 View Post
    hi there.. new to this forum. i would also like to ask which camera is recommended. fuji F40 or one of the canon powershot.
    What are your requirements, typical uses and budget?
    Alpha

i intend to learn some photography skills and would like to know which cam is suitable. Ya.. other than that should be normal uses.. budget.. still not very sure..

Casio is horrible!!

Get a Fuji or Canon then.
    Don't mind me, just thought I saw you posted the following to others.

Based on...? I've seen really horrible image quality from Fuji, Canon, Nikon, Casio, Panasonic...

All PnS cameras have limitations, and there are cases where the Sonys are better, there are cases where the others are better.

Before you make a blanket statement like that, please do your research.

Let's take a look at the Sony W80 and the Canon Ixus 850, both in the same category in terms of price and features:

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sonyw80/page5.asp

Oh no! The Sony actually has visibly sharper pictures! So your blanket statement is already proven wrong.
    So aren't you making a blanket satement as well? Casio.. depending on the models I did some searching a while back and found the EX-Z1080 not bad for requirements that fits my daughter's expectations. She wanted to have a slim enough design but also capable for indoor shots, didn't really matter to her if don't have Av/Tv feature.

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/spec...io_exz1080.asp

../azul123

Quote Originally Posted by azul123 View Post
    Don't mind me, just thought I saw you posted the following to others.
    Because he was specifically asking about Casio. And yes, compared to other PnS cams, the Casio image quality is horrible.

So please, continue to do research on me, find more posts to dig up since you have nothing better to do on a sunday morning.
    Alpha

i do have frens using different series of casio pns...not so gd in terms of noise and whitebalance...

if u dun like sony...go for others then..but with limited funds to purchase..u will have a hard timing chosing the right one... fuji has a great sensor...canon is not bad...i like the 900Ti ..Nikon wise...dun ask me...never touch before...hehe..well...best is to try out first b4 buying...u have the spending power not us...we just give u opinions and at times we may be wrong...
    G-Collector

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast