Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 101 to 117 of 117

Thread: Interesting Theory on ERP and Traffic Congestions

  1. #101
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Interesting Theory on ERP and Traffic Congestions

    Yeap, it is indeed a new tactic.

    Ihave seen all sorts of tactics appearing when other forumers lose argument and when they have nothing to say, such as "this is my last post" or "Ah who gives a ****, I dont care about the topic in the first place", or simply just digressing, or perhaps personal attacks or name calling etc etc.

    Now this one about not being serious and not accurate, that takes a new high. That effectively now means that we cannot take anything he says seriously Since after all, he isn't serious nor accurate.

    But wait, next he'll say that he's 99.99% serious and accurate - after all, he did say "not 100%".

    Quote Originally Posted by Silence Sky View Post
    what talking you, a new kind of tactics in debate?

  2. #102

    Default Re: Interesting Theory on ERP and Traffic Congestions

    Yes, you are not shifting the goal post. You have just switch to an entire different ball game.
    We all along are tackling ERP as a whole and now you say it is effective in some areas and not so effective in some areas. ERP is implemented to specifically tackle rush hours congestion and now you extend the frontier to other hours outside of the rush hour.
    Tell me exactly which gantries are effective and which are not. You are hoping between A and B, and now you try to stay in the middle ground, how should I engage you?
    When I dive into ERP by area, you will tell me it effective only in certain days of month, and when I go into the days, you will then tell me certain gantries is effective during certain days of the month and then certain months of the year.
    Do you see your own theory when you call others’ Loophole infinitum.

    According to your 3 cents theory, it is only 1.9% of the $1.60 fare.
    Lagi good when the fare is at $2.00 and a 3 cents hike now will translated into a 1.5% increase. Don’t worry, at $2.00, it is not going to break the majority back, so it is still ok according to your wise man.
    I believe by now people reading this thread should understand the danger of using incremental term when considering price hike. Also from which camp you come from.

    So back to the point, how would you bring down the demand during rush hours using economic theories?


    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    3 cents MORE

    3 cents due to transport increase
    you are the one digressing. 3 cents multiplied by all your statistics is a lot less than $700 a month. as for 3 cents multiplied by all your statistics, always remember, MAJORITY of people will not be affected by it. the minority will and have to be helped if their donkey's back is broken. didn't a wise man once say that it is not enough to consider individual interest, it is more important to consider the interest of the greater good.

    i'm not shifting the goal post, you are immensely selfish to say that i cannot have a side discussion with azul which is unrelated to our current discussion.


    i repeat myself for the THIRD time. erp is effective in curbing congestion in certain places at certain times. it is not effective at curbing congestion overall. how could it be, if it is not implemented 24/7?
    Last edited by Silence Sky; 20th November 2007 at 10:43 PM.

  3. #103

    Default Re: Interesting Theory on ERP and Traffic Congestions

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post

    i repeat myself for the THIRD time. erp is effective in curbing congestion in certain places at certain times. it is not effective at curbing congestion overall. how could it be, if it is not implemented 24/7?
    Please point to me in which post did you mention explicitly thrice on your above two points.

  4. #104

    Default Re: Interesting Theory on ERP and Traffic Congestions

    "we can easily see that due to an increase in the purchase of cars due to increase in salaries across the board over time"

    Dear Guru, do you want to check the inflation rate and wage increase in real term before making the above statement?
    Have you joined the work force yet?

  5. #105

    Default Re: Interesting Theory on ERP and Traffic Congestions

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    Yeap, it is indeed a new tactic.

    Ihave seen all sorts of tactics appearing when other forumers lose argument and when they have nothing to say, such as "this is my last post" or "Ah who gives a ****, I dont care about the topic in the first place", or simply just digressing, or perhaps personal attacks or name calling etc etc.

    Now this one about not being serious and not accurate, that takes a new high. That effectively now means that we cannot take anything he says seriously Since after all, he isn't serious nor accurate.

    But wait, next he'll say that he's 99.99% serious and accurate - after all, he did say "not 100%".
    You cut straight into his bone.

  6. #106

    Default Re: Interesting Theory on ERP and Traffic Congestions

    Quote Originally Posted by azul123 View Post
    It's mutual, you know... samo samo from you too, always the same defence.

    ../azul123

    Read on he has come up with something new.
    Open up new frontiers and than break it down to super fine mircro level for agurement sake.
    Brilliant!
    Last edited by Silence Sky; 20th November 2007 at 11:15 PM.

  7. #107

    Default Re: Interesting Theory on ERP and Traffic Congestions

    An old expression comes to mind...

    Never argue with an idiot. He'll only pull you down to his level and then beat you with sheer experience.




    2 nitpickers are better than 1, heck, where's the third?
    Last edited by night86mare; 20th November 2007 at 11:29 PM.

  8. #108
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Sembawang
    Posts
    1,479

    Default Re: Interesting Theory on ERP and Traffic Congestions

    like tat also want to argue?.....

    if you have done the calculations (including erp) and think you earn enough to cope, jus buy a car lor...if you think you don't earn enough, then take public transport lor..nobody forcing you to drive or go thru ERP....

  9. #109

    Default Re: Interesting Theory on ERP and Traffic Congestions

    Quote Originally Posted by scramblur11 View Post
    like tat also want to argue?.....

    if you have done the calculations (including erp) and think you earn enough to cope, jus buy a car lor...if you think you don't earn enough, then take public transport lor..nobody forcing you to drive or go thru ERP....

  10. #110

    Default Re: Interesting Theory on ERP and Traffic Congestions

    Quote Originally Posted by scramblur11 View Post
    like tat also want to argue?.....

    if you have done the calculations (including erp) and think you earn enough to cope, jus buy a car lor...if you think you don't earn enough, then take public transport lor..nobody forcing you to drive or go thru ERP....
    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post

    I can see that you are riding on a man's back, whom don't even know that we are not talking about buying car or taking public transport. I take it as a clue that we are coming to an end of the discussion.
    Last edited by Silence Sky; 21st November 2007 at 12:13 AM.

  11. #111

    Default Re: Interesting Theory on ERP and Traffic Congestions

    We have come this far and I think everyone is tried of reading this thread by now.
    I am wondering why my opponent till now refuses to mention that by increasing the EPR tax to a certain level could shift the demand curve and hence deter motorists from enter congested area during rush hours. Having said, I am not considering political correctness but just purely economics.

    Maybe he knows that tantamount to opening a can of worms.


    It makes economics sense for the ruling party to increase the tax until such a point when revenue from the increased tax could not cover the amount of tax loss due to the number of motorists leaving the scene. At the time increase the total number of car on the road, hoping to increase the number of car passing through ERP.

    I closed my chapter liao.
    Last edited by Silence Sky; 21st November 2007 at 12:12 AM.

  12. #112

    Default Re: Interesting Theory on ERP and Traffic Congestions

    1) my one post includes maybe, a few points, definitely more than 5

    2) you take one entire day to craft a reply to 1 point, spam repeat yourself with 8 or 9 posts, and you join another person in bashing the same point while ignoring the others

    3) you have not replied to your economic viewpoints regarding the funny situations you set me earlier, that i actually took time to reply to, this is disappointing showing from you, maybe you are getting old. after all, we were promised with a display of your economic prowess (actually i was looking forward to a display of lack thereof with bated breath, but you failed to entertain).. which never materialised. or did i misread that? or should i practise selective vision for your sake?

    4) despite points 1 to 3, you have the cheek and audacity to proclaim yourself the winner of a virtual argument, after a poor display of economic knowledge. you hide this by telling me not to throw in economic jargon, thereby barring me from holding a no quarters argument with you where i could thoroughly trounce you. but i suppose to be fair, since you have displayed a blatant lack of knowledge in the economics area, this is the only way any argument can continue.

    5) refer to point 4. if you wish to proclaim yourself to be the winner, i will let you be the winner. i am definitely way more mature than you, and i see no reason why i should decide to fight with ignorance. i will not even bother asking you to correct 2.

    6) i am indeed sorry that i even considered the possibility that this could have been a cordial, civilised, logical discussion. i am even more sorry that i took your first post on the matter seriously, because i thought you better than that.

    7) you win, i lose. do i really care? no. do you really care? it seems so. but still, so many things go unreplied. everyone else can judge for themselves what is going on. i am making last posts continuously for the sake of the entertainment of the forums, i suppose. everyone loves to see buffoons fumble and puff themselves up more.. have received quite a number of amusing pms on this. cheers and good day. please, feel free to pump up your virtual penises at my expense. in the meantime, i will spend more time doing what i like best, which is creating beautiful pictures that will add value to this world.

    8) i once met a man during my army days. he was the ultimate kopitiam uncle. he believed in everything that you guys said, and more. he had little education. despite all that, i was always amazed by the fact that he could bring up good arguments, far better than what i have seen thus far in these subforums (on all the pet subjects that you, or the usual gang seem to have). what amazes me more was his humility, and his willingness to listen to others' viewpoint, and refrain entirely from making any personal attacks on the PERSON himself, but only his ideas. and he was more than willing to admit his mistakes. i find it pointless right now to state it out, but i definitely hold much more respect for him than i do you. we are now friends, and keep in contact still.

    9) i wish you a long life, though perhaps, a long life is not really what you need, for life itself has not seemed to add much value to you. cheers

    10) i'd wager that even after my FINAL departure, since all the fun is ending after this last amazing move which has dazzled me beyond belief.. out of the 10 nicely listed points here, you'd only focus on maybe 1 of them. maybe you might focus on 3. but that's a bit too much work for you, isn't it?
    Last edited by night86mare; 21st November 2007 at 12:23 AM.

  13. #113

    Default Re: Interesting Theory on ERP and Traffic Congestions

    I can understand perfectly how a sore loser feels. Strong opponents like Vince are nitpickers and winners are retarded.

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post


    2 nitpickers are better than 1, heck, where's the third?

  14. #114

    Default Re: Interesting Theory on ERP and Traffic Congestions

    Hahahaha, grow up boy. Others poeple have to work and you should spend more time in your course work. Thanks for providing me so much entertainment with your economic prowess.

    A cantonese saying: A Cooked chicken still prop up the wok cover with its leg.
    don't get too sore over this thread just like all your points below.



    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    1) my one post includes maybe, a few points, definitely more than 5

    2) you take one entire day to craft a reply to 1 point, spam repeat yourself with 8 or 9 posts, and you join another person in bashing the same point while ignoring the others

    3) you have not replied to your economic viewpoints regarding the funny situations you set me earlier, that i actually took time to reply to, this is disappointing showing from you, maybe you are getting old. after all, we were promised with a display of your economic prowess (actually i was looking forward to a display of lack thereof with bated breath, but you failed to entertain).. which never materialised. or did i misread that? or should i practise selective vision for your sake?

    4) despite points 1 to 3, you have the cheek and audacity to proclaim yourself the winner of a virtual argument, after a poor display of economic knowledge. you hide this by telling me not to throw in economic jargon, thereby barring me from holding a no quarters argument with you where i could thoroughly trounce you. but i suppose to be fair, since you have displayed a blatant lack of knowledge in the economics area, this is the only way any argument can continue.

    5) refer to point 4. if you wish to proclaim yourself to be the winner, i will let you be the winner. i am definitely way more mature than you, and i see no reason why i should decide to fight with ignorance. i will not even bother asking you to correct 2.

    6) i am indeed sorry that i even considered the possibility that this could have been a cordial, civilised, logical discussion. i am even more sorry that i took your first post on the matter seriously, because i thought you better than that.

    7) you win, i lose. do i really care? no. do you really care? it seems so. but still, so many things go unreplied. everyone else can judge for themselves what is going on. i am making last posts continuously for the sake of the entertainment of the forums, i suppose. everyone loves to see buffoons fumble and puff themselves up more.. have received quite a number of amusing pms on this. cheers and good day. please, feel free to pump up your virtual penises at my expense. in the meantime, i will spend more time doing what i like best, which is creating beautiful pictures that will add value to this world.

    8) i once met a man during my army days. he was the ultimate kopitiam uncle. he believed in everything that you guys said, and more. he had little education. despite all that, i was always amazed by the fact that he could bring up good arguments, far better than what i have seen thus far in these subforums (on all the pet subjects that you, or the usual gang seem to have). what amazes me more was his humility, and his willingness to listen to others' viewpoint, and refrain entirely from making any personal attacks on the PERSON himself, but only his ideas. and he was more than willing to admit his mistakes. i find it pointless right now to state it out, but i definitely hold much more respect for him than i do you. we are now friends, and keep in contact still.

    9) i wish you a long life, though perhaps, a long life is not really what you need, for life itself has not seemed to add much value to you. cheers

    10) i'd wager that even after my FINAL departure, since all the fun is ending after this last amazing move which has dazzled me beyond belief.. out of the 10 nicely listed points here, you'd only focus on maybe 1 of them. maybe you might focus on 3. but that's a bit too much work for you, isn't it?
    Last edited by Silence Sky; 21st November 2007 at 12:38 AM.

  15. #115

    Default Re: Interesting Theory on ERP and Traffic Congestions

    It would REALLY help if people would try to stick to presenting their points instead of throwing personal attacks at each other

    Leave the personal putdowns aside when presenting your rebuttal because it's very irritating to have to sift through all that when reading through the forum

  16. #116
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Interesting Theory on ERP and Traffic Congestions

    How many times do you want to do a "FINAL POST", "LAST POST", "FINAL DEPARTURE"?

    Geez.

    P.S. This is my last post to you, so dont bother to reply (yay rebuttal proof!).

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    10) i'd wager that even after my FINAL departure, since all the fun is ending after this last amazing move which has dazzled me beyond belief.. out of the 10 nicely listed points here, you'd only focus on maybe 1 of them. maybe you might focus on 3. but that's a bit too much work for you, isn't it?

  17. #117

    Default Re: Interesting Theory on ERP and Traffic Congestions

    Folks, I am not sure if this is due to the school holidays. I see a sudden increase flood of names calling and personal attack posts

    This is kopitiam forum but this doesn't mean you guys dont care abt what you are posting. Theres no need to get too excited over other people posts. This is not a online battle ground.

    A piece of advice, please treat it as if you are talking to a real person in real life.

    Please cut out those flame baits , names calling and use of CAPs (its equiv to shouting).

    I am closing this thread.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •