Thread: How to set monitor profile for 2 LCD

Default How to set monitor profile for 2 LCD

I'm very very new to monitor calibration, so will appreciate some experts help here.

Using a notebook connected to a bigger LCD for photoshop, will be buying a calibration tool soon. Is it possible using a calibration tool to calibrate the notebook LCD to be the same color to the bigger LCD? How can I set two profiles one for the notebook and one for the bigger LCD?

Which Calibration do you recommend?

Thanks.

Default Re: How to set monitor profile for 2 LCD

Quote Originally Posted by teamsnap View Post
    I'm very very new to monitor calibration, so will appreciate some experts help here.

Using a notebook connected to a bigger LCD for photoshop, will be buying a calibration tool soon. Is it possible using a calibration tool to calibrate the notebook LCD to be the same color to the bigger LCD? How can I set two profiles one for the notebook and one for the bigger LCD?

Which Calibration do you recommend?

Thanks.
    Some calibrator can simultaneously calibrate and create two profiles at the same time.

I am using the Gretag-Mcbeth Display Calibrator, (which is the same as Pantone Huey).. Huey "by right" can only calibrate 1 monitor at a time, you need to purchase the more expensive Huey Pro to calibrate 2 monitors simultaneously.

However, there is always a workaround.. Below is what I did for my case.. After many trial and error...-_-"""..Other references on the net mainly cater to mac...so I had a hard time finding a solution..
    1.You need to decide which is your primary monitor. For me, my laptop is the primary, the lcd is the secondary (extended) monitor.
    2. Then, set the secondary monitor (LCD) temporarily as the Primary monitor.
    3. Calibrate the LCD as usual. Go to windows>system32>spool>driver>colour and the profile is "huey unnamed monitor 3".. Copy the file and rename it as something else.. for eg. "2nd monitor"
    4.Switch back so that the laptop is the primary monitor.
    5. Calibrate your laptop.
    6. Select the profile "2nd monitor" for the LCD. Desktop>Display Properties> etc etc..
    7. Restart for the change to take effect.

Hope it helps~ =)

Default Re: How to set monitor profile for 2 LCD

Can most notebook save 2 profiles? One for each? thanks.