Thread: SE handphone flight Mode

Default SE handphone flight Mode

Hi, just to check, if i use flight mode to view saved web pages o my SE K800i, will i incur internet charges?

Default Re: SE handphone flight Mode

Quote Originally Posted by cichlid View Post
    Hi, just to check, if i use flight mode to view saved web pages o my SE K800i, will i incur internet charges?
    Should not because there should not be any wireless activity in flight mode. Unless the phone warns you you'll be getting out of flight mode if you click on a link to a page which is not saved..
    Last edited by lsisaxon; 14th November 2007 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cichlid View Post
    No, of course not.
    Alpha

depends on what SE defines at "flight mode" my dopod's flight mode just means the phone is off. wifi and bluetooth are still on. Then again.. wifi and bluetooth don't incur internet charges, usually..
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

Called Singtel this afternoon.

The best way to totally eliminate the accidental connection to the internet is to disable the GPRS. However, by doing this, I will not be able to receive mms messages. But what the heck , I seldom rec'd mms, so i chose to disable it.

i am using SE but on starhub. the tech taught me to set the internet profile and java settings to Gee!MMS so that don't get accidentally connected to internet but leave the streaming settings on Gee!3G GPRS. this way i can receive MMS and video calls as well as SMS & calls when roaming in countries like japan.

dunno if singtel can do the same. no harm trying. good luck.