Thread: The Rubik's Cube

Default The Rubik's Cube

Took these series of photo's for fun. The Rubik's cube. C&C pls. I think there is something wrong with the lighting in the 2nd pic.

This was how it looked like when i got it.

This is how it looked like after 5 mins.

And finally after 10mins from getting it.

These series of photo's cost me a cube. I can't seem to put it back together!

Default Re: The Rubik's Cube

Hi And-s0n

I think the lighting is due to an inconsistency in the white balance.

The third pic is interesting because i have always been intrigued by the construct of a rubik cube! But IMHO it looks abit too tight a crop, perhaps can try to take the subject(s) with a much much larger negative clean white space around. I would imagine a black and white version can give a different feel to it

Peace
    Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by giantcanopy View Post
    Hi And-s0n

I think the lighting is due to an inconsistency in the white balance.

The third pic is interesting because i have always been intrigued by the construct of a rubik cube! But IMHO it looks abit too tight a crop, perhaps can try to take the subject(s) with a much much larger negative clean white space around. I would imagine a black and white version can give a different feel to it

Peace
    Ryan
    Oooo. alrite thanks for your comment! It's been a while since i got a comment in CS.

Series doesn't work for me - either aesthetically or technically.

As already mentioned, WB is all over the place and crop is too tight for my liking with this subject. The images are also underexposed.

The 1st 2 images are far too static in terms of composition and the last basically needs the blocks to be reshuffled to create some impact and interest.

Quote Originally Posted by cyber_m0nkey View Post
    Series doesn't work for me - either aesthetically or technically.

As already mentioned, WB is all over the place and crop is too tight for my liking with this subject. The images are also underexposed.

The 1st 2 images are far too static in terms of composition and the last basically needs the blocks to be reshuffled to create some impact and interest.

Alrite! thanks. will try again. As soon as i get it fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by giantcanopy View Post
    Hi And-s0n

Peace
    Ryan

Maybe shoot the 3rd pic from a higher angle to show more of the "mess"

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    Maybe shoot the 3rd pic from a higher angle to show more of the "mess"
    Ok! Thanks for your comments!

i find the 3rd picture quite surprising, usually one would expect you to solved it already or still get stucked. great attempt. rubik cube quite ex right, form toys'r'us. haha.
    One day you'll see.

Haaa... i like the sequence... sorry i wasn't lookin at the qulity of the shoot.. i forgot! So ... haaa.. i like it..
    | www.falconite.com | flickr |
    Canon Equipments

Quote Originally Posted by hidden3 View Post
    i find the 3rd picture quite surprising, usually one would expect you to solved it already or still get stucked. great attempt. rubik cube quite ex right, form toys'r'us. haha.
    Got this one at some stationary shop around my hse. Quite happy I managed to get it back in one piece.

Quote Originally Posted by falconite View Post
    Haaa... i like the sequence... sorry i wasn't lookin at the qulity of the shoot.. i forgot! So ... haaa.. i like it..

Haha! thanks for your comment

Thks fur the pictures! I did the same to my poor cube when I lost my temper when I was young .

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Social View Post
    Thks fur the pictures! I did the same to my poor cube when I lost my temper when I was young .
    Haha! I find it quite fun! But this one broke when i was turning it.