Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: imac or mac book?

Default Re: imac or mac book?

Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid View Post
    thank u, my mbp never have empty disc icon appear, but i figure that it can still burn by clicking on the window tash above.
    When you put in a blank disc, you'll see a disc icon on the desktop.
    Drag the files you want to burn inside.

Next, open up that icon (which is actually a folder), and click on the burn button. You can't miss the burn button, it's very prominent.

Quote Originally Posted by Parka View Post
    Some users say that the glossy screen over-saturate the photos by a bit.

If there's a light source behind you, you'll see the reflection on the screen.
    Oh, i didn't know about this. I just ordered the glossy version, thinking that it should be better for photos viewing/editing as claimed on apple website. I will calibrate the monitor, hope that it doesn't affect my print too much. Thanks for the clarification

Quote Originally Posted by noob777 View Post
    Oh, i didn't know about this. I just ordered the glossy version, thinking that it should be better for photos viewing/editing as claimed on apple website. I will calibrate the monitor, hope that it doesn't affect my print too much. Thanks for the clarification
    Anyway only apple laptops have this choice. imac now only comes with glossy screen looks nice but reflections especially very irritating when you are doing video editing or photo adjustments.

The new imac model rocks. I like its sleek and thin design, option of either 20" or 24". Plus with the updated specs, video and sound editing can be a lot of fun.

I went with the mac mini and dell 24" route as it is cheaper and you can use your monitor for other stuff.

I find it REALLY STUPID for the IMAC not to include a video in of some sort to allow you to use the LCD for other purposes. I have the hold 20" IMAC power PC and the screen is IPS screen and is very good. BUT I can't use it for my PC laptop, I can't use it for anything except with the imac.

With a 24" dell, at least I can plug in my PC, PS3, PSP, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by tchoonyong View Post
    Anyway only apple laptops have this choice. imac now only comes with glossy screen looks nice but reflections especially very irritating when you are doing video editing or photo adjustments.
    indeed u will feel some distraction at first, but once getting used to the glossy screen, u actually forget abt the reflection when doing DI.

Any reason why get the matte display and not the glossy one? Though the glossy one better for photos and movie?
    Glossy displays are great for watching movies, not for making them as the coating skews the colour. If you have any graphics work to do, I wouldn't suggest any glossy display. You'll finish, print, and find that the result looks terribly different than what you thought it would be.

The reflections are bad, also, though they're better in a home where you don't have overhead lighting than in an office or outdoors.

I won't be buying a glossy display, ever, if I can help it, but they're becoming more common.

Quote Originally Posted by bousozoku View Post
    Glossy displays are great for watching movies, not for making them as the coating skews the colour. If you have any graphics work to do, I wouldn't suggest any glossy display. You'll finish, print, and find that the result looks terribly different than what you thought it would be.

The reflections are bad, also, though they're better in a home where you don't have overhead lighting than in an office or outdoors.

I won't be buying a glossy display, ever, if I can help it, but they're becoming more common.
    Even I calibrate the LCD with a hardware calibrator, I can't get accurate colours?

Even I calibrate the LCD with a hardware calibrator, I can't get accurate colours?
    The reflection coming off the screen is still a little glaring for the calibrator, which you need to place onto the LCD surface and have it read off there. Thus, it what affects your eyes might also affect the accuracy of the calibrator.

You can try it but I seriously doubt it will work. The panel itself is probably not particularly accurate and the coating makes things worse.

Quote Originally Posted by bousozoku View Post
    You can try it but I seriously doubt it will work. The panel itself is probably not particularly accurate and the coating makes things worse.
    All right, I will try it and compare with another mac with matte display to see if there is any difference.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by hobbit6003 View Post
    The reflection coming off the screen is still a little glaring for the calibrator, which you need to place onto the LCD surface and have it read off there. Thus, it what affects your eyes might also affect the accuracy of the calibrator.
    Hi, can I ask?

Looking at both the macbook and macbook pro, is it true the option for non-glossy screen is only given for the macbook pro?

Are there any antiglare film we can get if we were to end up with the glossy screen of the macbook?

Thanks for any advices.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123