Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 52

Thread: imac or mac book?

  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,644

    Default Re: imac or mac book?

    Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid View Post
    Thks alot for all the help, i will settle on mac book pro, and buy oem xp to install. I am still having some software that needs xp, else need to waste $$$ buy mac version, where got so much $$$....

    Just incase i make mistake, my CS2 window version can install in the mac after i install xp rite?

    So excited to own it!!! Lucky my wife agreed also....yup save space and can bring out for shoot some more for phase one. Good for another 3 years. 1 machine kills 2 birds.

    Thks alot guys.
    Just remember to get the matte display, not the glossy.

    You can certainly install WinXP and Windows software but remember that it takes space so check the size of the hard drive to make sure that it has room for both.

    Also, it's much more convenient to run Windows through Parallels Desktop or VMWare Fusion, since you don't have to reboot the machine and you still have Mac OS X available. Using Apple's own Boot Camp, you reboot into Windows and have to reboot to return to Mac OS X. It's not horrible, but it's a time waster.

  2. #22
    Member Parka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    1,067

    Default Re: imac or mac book?

    Quote Originally Posted by JillValentine View Post
    How's the price compared to educational discount?
    http://sgmacshipper.blogspot.com/200...cbook-pro.html

    Just slightly lower than the edu price only.

    I'm targeting mainly non-students who want student prices.
    For students, it's might be more worthwhile to buy from Apple online store.

  3. #23

    Default Re: imac or mac book?

    hellooz

    sorry to hijack a little here..
    was thinking of getting a macbook during sitex...

    worth? or shd i just get it now?

    and i'm able to run xp and mac os at the same time?? will it slow down the notebook extensively??

    thanks guys!
    "For God loved the world so much that He gave His one and only Son" He Love all of us...

  4. #24
    Member Parka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    1,067

    Default Re: imac or mac book?

    Quote Originally Posted by evoben View Post
    hellooz

    sorry to hijack a little here..
    was thinking of getting a macbook during sitex...

    worth? or shd i just get it now?

    and i'm able to run xp and mac os at the same time?? will it slow down the notebook extensively??

    thanks guys!
    Price should most likely be the same. Sitex might have some goodies bundled.

    If you want to run XP and OSX at the same time, do have 2gb of ram since you're sharing between 2 system.

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    2,156

    Default Re: imac or mac book?

    http://www.macworld.co.uk/mac/news/i...m?newsid=19672

    Jap are smart, they use Mac OS X

    Leopard eats Vista OS sales in Japan
    Apple outsells Vista with Leopard in Japan in October

    Jonny Evans

    Sales of Mac OS X Leopard in Japan have exceeded those of Windows for the first time.

    A report in Business Computer News claims OS X sales shot up between September and October, climbing from a rate of 15.5 per cent year on year to 60.5 per cent.

    However, at Microsoft, Windows sales fell from 75.3 per cent to 28.7 per cent.

  6. #26

    Default Re: imac or mac book?

    waiting for sitex, hopefully better deal.
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

  7. #27

    Default Re: imac or mac book?

    Hi Parka, if i buy the mac book pro outside, can i buy the apple care from u?
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

  8. #28
    Member Parka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    1,067

    Default Re: imac or mac book?

    Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid View Post
    Hi Parka, if i buy the mac book pro outside, can i buy the apple care from u?
    Yah, can.

    Where you buying? Cheaper?

  9. #29

    Default Re: imac or mac book?

    Quote Originally Posted by Parka View Post
    Yah, can.

    Where you buying? Cheaper?
    My wife wants me wait for sitex. See got more freebies, if no, then buy from apple online, then i buy the apple care from u. Thks parka!
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

  10. #30

    Default Re: imac or mac book?

    Hi Parka, the mac book pro apple care how much u sell?
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

  11. #31
    Member Parka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    1,067

    Default Re: imac or mac book?

    $430 MBP Applecare

  12. #32

    Default Re: imac or mac book?

    Can someone enlighten me, which software is best for burning cd, dvd, and is it free?

    Also, remember to update software thru internet, my i movie cannot work, but sls got ppl tell me update, and i am doing now.
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

  13. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    554

    Default Re: imac or mac book?

    Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid View Post
    Can someone enlighten me, which software is best for burning cd, dvd, and is it free?

    Also, remember to update software thru internet, my i movie cannot work, but sls got ppl tell me update, and i am doing now.
    Fren, u mean copy and burn files into cd and DVD? If so, u just need to insert the disc into the drive, and then drag and drop into the disc icon. Once u have done so, drag the disc icon into the trash, and it'll start the disc burning process, after which it will eject itself.

  14. #34

    Default Re: imac or mac book?

    Quote Originally Posted by hobbit6003 View Post
    Fren, u mean copy and burn files into cd and DVD? If so, u just need to insert the disc into the drive, and then drag and drop into the disc icon. Once u have done so, drag the disc icon into the trash, and it'll start the disc burning process, after which it will eject itself.
    so easy???
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

  15. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    554

    Default Re: imac or mac book?

    Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid View Post
    so easy???
    Yes, this is Mac, it is this easy.

    And if you want to duplicate a DVD or a CD, just go to Disk Utility, and then go and select the disc, and go to the top row of icons seen on the application window, and click New Image. This will then create a Disk Image of the Disc you intend to duplicate. When the Disk Image is created, which will take a while, just eject the original disc and insert a blank one.

    You then select the Disk Image you created, and click the Burn.

    Ok, here's an example I created to show you:



    Of course, if you want more complex burning, you may need to buy commercial software like Toast.

  16. #36

    Default Re: imac or mac book?

    thank u, my mbp never have empty disc icon appear, but i figure that it can still burn by clicking on the window tash above.
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

  17. #37

    Default Re: imac or mac book?

    Quote Originally Posted by bousozoku View Post
    Just remember to get the matte display, not the glossy.
    Any reason why get the matte display and not the glossy one? Though the glossy one better for photos and movie?

  18. #38

    Default Re: imac or mac book?

    Quote Originally Posted by Parka View Post
    http://sgmacshipper.blogspot.com/200...cbook-pro.html

    Just slightly lower than the edu price only.

    I'm targeting mainly non-students who want student prices.
    For students, it's might be more worthwhile to buy from Apple online store.
    no special price on imac?

  19. #39
    Member Parka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    1,067

    Default Re: imac or mac book?

    Quote Originally Posted by soeypixels View Post
    no special price on imac?
    iMac don't have much discount.

    Singapore's price for the iMac isn't really too bad. I only bring in those that I think are ridiculously priced in Singapore.

    You can try calling SGL sim lim square at 6337-9070 for a quote on iMac. Might get a better price.

  20. #40
    Member Parka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    1,067

    Default Re: imac or mac book?

    Quote Originally Posted by noob777 View Post
    Any reason why get the matte display and not the glossy one? Though the glossy one better for photos and movie?
    Some users say that the glossy screen over-saturate the photos by a bit.

    If there's a light source behind you, you'll see the reflection on the screen.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •