View Poll Results: do u save or spend more?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Save every single cents for future wife, children, house, car...

    0 0%
  • Save much but will spend if really necessary

    14 28.00%
  • Neutral

    10 20.00%
  • Spend but still got enough to eat for 3 meals

    13 26.00%
  • Goodness, i'm broke liao!

    13 26.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 39 of 39

Thread: Guys more thrifty or spendthrift than ladies?

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,719

    Default

    Originally posted by Zerstorer
    Ladies that I know tend to spend on small things, while guys that I know tend to spend on bigger ticket items.

    Guys may scrounge on shirts and meals, but end up spending that on a new PC/Hifi component or DSLR.

    It all works out to be the same actually.
    Totally agree, i always complain that my gf spent too much on makeup............. then i blow $1299 on my G2, then my TC, ........ you get the picture.

  2. #22

    Default

    Remember, the diamond isotope of carbon is less stable than graphite. So after many many years, that diamond of yours will become a lump of black carbon.
    just a thought on the diamonds....though gals like it...seems that usually it's the guys who eventually pay for it, even if they believe that it will become a lump of black carbon after many many years.

    so guys spend more anyhow? hee.

  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    hErE lAh
    Posts
    975

    Default

    Originally posted by berryhappy
    Well....I will not need too much justification on the need to buy expensive high-end equipment.

    I broke already. Some more diamond is stone (carbon?) only.
    Diamond or camera?
    Diamond or camera?
    Diamond or camera?
    Diamond or camera?

    I want BOTH!!!!!!!!!! hehehe Just love to see the stone shinning especially after cleaning it!

  4. #24

    Default

    the ccd can shine too if you clean it

  5. #25

    Default i want too...

    Originally posted by lavenderlilz
    Diamond or camera?
    Diamond or camera?
    Diamond or camera?
    Diamond or camera?

    I want BOTH!!!!!!!!!! hehehe Just love to see the stone shinning especially after cleaning it!
    heehee.. agree with lavenderlilz...

    but i prefer the diamond. (camera i already have)

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    5,499

    Default

    Originally posted by lavenderlilz
    Diamond or camera?
    Diamond or camera?
    Diamond or camera?
    Diamond or camera?

    I want BOTH!!!!!!!!!! hehehe Just love to see the stone shinning especially after cleaning it!
    diamond-studded camera?

  7. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    hErE lAh
    Posts
    975

    Default Re: i want too...

    Originally posted by argent2
    heehee.. agree with lavenderlilz...

    but i prefer the diamond. (camera i already have)
    My dear

    Believe me, even if you've got both its still never enuf! LOL

  8. #28

    Default Re: Re: i want too...

    Originally posted by lavenderlilz
    My dear

    Believe me, even if you've got both its still never enuf! LOL

    you're right about that too...

  9. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Near Equator
    Posts
    258

    Default

    Originally posted by urban
    Men will pay $1,000 for something worth $100 they need.

    Women will pay $100 for something worth $1,000 they do not need.
    From the above statement, guys will pay 10X the price for something they want....

    So if a girl gets that something at a lower price and sell to a guy... can make profit???

    Worse case scenario..... girl pays $100 for item. Sell to guy at $1000. Earn $900.

    Not possible to happen ever though!!

  10. #30

    Default

    Originally posted by Silverelf
    Worse case scenario..... girl pays $100 for item. Sell to guy at $1000. Earn $900.

    Not possible to happen ever though!!
    hehe
    ever heard of love is blind?

  11. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Near Equator
    Posts
    258

    Default

    Originally posted by xmen1977
    hehe
    ever heard of love is blind?
    Wah I want this kind of boyfriend... not to kotok lah... but at least know the fella like you so much already shioks all the way liao!

  12. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Behind the viewfinder...
    Posts
    5,851

    Default

    Hmm.... actually, it's a very interesting topic coz I'm a guy who dun mind spending big amount on my gf: read - Anniversary, Dinners, Birthdays, anyday kind..... but I scrimp and restrict myself from buying camera stuff (still stuck with my trusty EOS30)...

    but when I do spend, it's one shot type, unless beyond budget... sigh...

    ohh, just found out the tiffany's got very nice stuff that's not that expensive .. hee hee hee

  13. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    274

    Default

    Originally posted by Silverelf
    From the above statement, guys will pay 10X the price for something they want....

    So if a girl gets that something at a lower price and sell to a guy... can make profit???

    Worse case scenario..... girl pays $100 for item. Sell to guy at $1000. Earn $900.

    Not possible to happen ever though!!
    happened to my fwen.. we knew he was going to be cheated.. we told him he din care..
    a pasar malam "Nike" sling that has only a small nike tag was sold to him for $50 bucks shesh.. btw the gal frm rgs..

  14. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    hErE lAh
    Posts
    975

    Default

    Originally posted by SniperD
    ohh, just found out the tiffany's got very nice stuff that's not that expensive .. hee hee hee
    ooooh which itmes are those?

  15. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Behind the viewfinder...
    Posts
    5,851

    Default

    heh heh heh... the classic dew drop from Tiff

  16. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    South Pole with Penguin
    Posts
    5,270

    Default

    Originally posted by SniperD
    I'm a guy who dun mind spending big amount on my gf: read - Anniversary, Dinners, Birthdays, anyday kind..... but I scrimp and restrict myself from buying camera stuff (still stuck with my trusty EOS30)...

    but when I do spend, it's one shot type, unless beyond budget... sigh...
    hmm...sound familiar...

    I am also like that

  17. #37
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Near Equator
    Posts
    258

    Default

    Damn... I'm almost broke.... but spent ANOTHER $75 on a new lens!! I swear no more new equipment for the next 3 mths at least!

  18. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Behind the viewfinder...
    Posts
    5,851

    Default

    Originally posted by Silverelf
    Damn... I'm almost broke.... but spent ANOTHER $75 on a new lens!! I swear no more new equipment for the next 3 mths at least!
    dun worry, within the next 3 months, you will sure buy some thing about photography.... sure one... hee hee.. with a new lens comes great temptation to get filters, lenshood and stuff.. hahhhaha

  19. #39

    Default

    Originally posted by ckiang
    Remember, the diamond isotope of carbon is less stable than graphite. So after many many years, that diamond of yours will become a lump of black carbon.

    Regards
    CK
    Diamond isotope? No such thing. Diamond less stable than graphite? Wrong!

    The diamond structure is actually more stable than graphite.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •