Thread: Event Photography

Lightbulb Event Photography

Hi guys, just completed my first assignment on a simple event (gathering of old friends)for a friend. Wanted to ask everyone esp the gurus, on what you think will be most essential skills for covering -- Seems like soft skills equally important to your setup?
    Nikon D80 kit | Nikkor AF 70-300mm f/4-5.6D ED
    flickr gallery

Default Re: Event Photography

Erm you need to know the programme and location so when sometihng happens you wont be rushing for a place. Need to learn how to control groups of people for group shots.. the rest is all experience and your own photographic style.. oh yea and carry 2 of everything Murphy's Law..
    Furry Photos - Photography for the Modern Pet

New York, Singapore

yup soft skills are important...they determine whether you get the next job! i've also gotten other jobs by talking to people at the event
    Kodak film disposable camera

thanks for your valuable input guys.

yeah i think it's impt to know the itinery and VIPs especially. antacid, I had a quick look at your site and it seems to me the impact of the shots really comes from the photographer -- with respect to soft skills -- to warm ppl up so they look good n natural.. what i'm trying to say is that the ppl look relaxed on your shots.

does talking to them help a lot? how about personality -- outgoing personality should help too?

sorry for the questions but i guess i'm a real big greenhorn in dis field
    Nikon D80 kit | Nikkor AF 70-300mm f/4-5.6D ED
    flickr gallery

Well for me its all about timing althought alking a little does help you need to catch tehm off guard at times
    Furry Photos - Photography for the Modern Pet