Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Will you shoot under such a condition?

Default Re: Will you shoot under such a condition?

My answer to such is no.
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Blog Entries

i would reject as well

it's obvious lah... most people would not adhere to such nonsensical conditions. in the end, it's the photographer who loses out.

vince123123
    Guests

Don't really see anything wrong with identifying her and the thread involved especially since sufficient description has been given in the first post anyway

It happens that I got written proof (exchange of e mails with someone else) that support canonised version of the fact.

Same thing happened.

I do not think that this young model has a some wrong intentions, but she does not seem to understand the way thing works here in this photo biz.

Let's not crucify her. She seems nice enough and seems to try to defend her point of view.
    Last edited by Loupisk; 14th November 2007 at 12:19 AM.
    Even if I do not agree with you, I will always fight for you to have your say.

Quote Originally Posted by Loupisk View Post
    It happens that I got written proof (exchange of e mails with someone else) that support canonised version of the fact.

Same thing happened.

I do not think that this young model has a some wrong intentions, but she does not seem to understand the way thing works here in this photo biz.

Let's not crucify her. She seems nice enough and seems to try to defend her point of view.
    exactly what i was trying to say esp since she hasn't mentioned this in her thread or come forward to defend herself.

vince123123
    Guests

I've already provided a link there so lets wait n see.

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    I've already provided a link there so lets wait n see.
    thing is the thread's been locked. i think no need to continue to "crucify" her till she comes forward and explains herself (even though she owes this thread nothing). Thing about the claim is has it been executed or was it just part of the negatation process?

Ah...I saw her thread.

Yes, it becomes clear since she is foreign - perhaps that's the the norm in her neck of woods.

But it doesn't quite explain why the need to keep it hidden until later. Her advertising description appears to be quite thorough, but the condition was not mentioned in any of her material, here, on deviant art or on smugmug. Also doesn't explain the quiet way her thread was locked when there wasn't a fight going on there and ...

No persecutions, just observations.
    Last edited by Dream Merchant; 14th November 2007 at 12:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    Ah...I saw her thread.

Yes, it becomes clear since she is foreign - perhaps that's the the norm in her neck of woods.

But it doesn't quite explain why the need to keep it hidden until later. Her advertising description appears to be quite thorough, but the condition was not mentioned in any of her material, here, on deviant art or on smugmug. Also doesn't explain the quiet way her thread was locked and ...
    well until she comes forward and explains and clarify things everything here is HEAR SAY speculation...let's everyone stop at that shall we?

Another issue is.. most shooters dare not post/give pix without PP one...
    If straight away download... paiseh lah... IF... many pix not up to mark... kiasu mah
    Who Dares Wins!

Somehow I doubt that would happen, but I'm a cynic (sometimes).

How could it be 'hear say speculation' when it was confirmed and mention by a respected member that written proff exists?

I understand the concept of grace Garou, but did I sense a slight pointedness in your reply? I may be mistaken though...

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    Somehow I doubt that would happen, but I'm a cynic (sometimes).

How could it be 'hear say speculation' when it was confirmed and mention by a respected member that written proff exists?

I understand the concept of grace Garou, but did I sense a slight pointedness in your reply? I may be mistaken though...
    well where is said written proof? I'm not doubting Loupisk's word but also we don't know if it was done as part of negotation. We are not seeing the whole picture here. Why jump to conclusions? Innocent till proven guilty my friend. No one would like it if someone put them on trial with half evidence. And people have a right to defend themselves as well.
    Last edited by garou12; 14th November 2007 at 12:55 AM.

hi everyone i think this must be some missunderstanding..actualy i dont care much about the photos..it is just a personal collections of my own.And I would realy apriciate if the photographer can let me keep it for a good memories.I have got my porfolios enough and I do not need anymore else.
    Actualy I have did quite a few of shooting assignments before.Some of the amature photographers give me the original copy even without me asking them.Some of them send me after they touch up.So i thought this is the natural of business..I guess i were wrong.Thanks alot for the lesson.By the way,I dont do TFCD also.Because I realy do not need any.
    By the way,Im the one who locked my promote thread.Coz I think I wont be doing any advertisement in singapore anymore.Im based in malaysia.Wont be doing any shooting in sg.So
    for anyone who interested to hire me in malaysia please send me an email.
    Thanks alot...

Yes, I do have a copy of a e mail exchange between the model and a photographer.

Since the photographer is not me, I will not put it on a public forum. All I can say, is that, Canonised version has been verified with another photgrapher.

Right or wrong? Up to you to judge.

As I said, she is trying to defend her point of view. It seems that she only wants some pictures after the shoot and not all of them. (if I understood well). This is a understandable request but never can be a demand or a condition for the shoot to happen.

To me, Dream merchant put it right in his posting.

No more to say about this.

Quote Originally Posted by garou12 View Post
    well where is said written proof? I'm not doubting Loupisk's word but also we don't know if it was done as part of negotation. We are not seeing the whole picture here. Why jump to conclusions? Innocent till proven guilty my friend. No one would like it if someone put them on trial with half evidence. And people have a right to defend themselves as well.
    Last edited by Loupisk; 14th November 2007 at 01:08 AM.

There! Now all know.

Quote Originally Posted by soupsoup View Post
    hi everyone i think this must be some missunderstanding..actualy i dont care much about the photos..it is just a personal collections of my own.And I would realy apriciate if the photographer can let me keep it for a good memories.I have got my porfolios enough and I do not need anymore else.
    Actualy I have did quite a few of shooting assignments before.Some of the amature photographers give me the original copy even without me asking them.Some of them send me after they touch up.So i thought this is the natural of business..I guess i were wrong.Thanks alot for the lesson.By the way,I dont do TFCD also.Because I realy do not need any.
    By the way,Im the one who locked my promote thread.Coz I think I wont be doing any advertisement in singapore anymore.Im based in malaysia.Wont be doing any shooting in sg.So
    for anyone who interested to hire me in malaysia please send me an email.
    Thanks alot...
    Last edited by Loupisk; 14th November 2007 at 01:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Loupisk View Post
    Yes, I do have a copy of a e mail exchange between the model and a photographer.

Since the photographer is not me, I will not put it on a public forum. All I can say, is that, Canonised version has been verified with another photgrapher.

Right or wrong? Up to you to judge.

As I said, she is trying to defend her point of view. It seems that she only wants some pictures after the shoot and not all of them. (if I understood well). This is a understandable request but never can be a demand or a condition for the shoot to happen.

To me, Dream merchant put it right in his posting.

No more to say about this.
    well she's come out and defended herself. seems satisfactory to me. The thing about this is that it should never have been started here and should have been addressed in her thread to begin with.

she can demand what she wants, there is nothing wrong with that... but i would have done the same thing.

this isnt TFCD.. she is being paid for her time to model. nothing more, nothing less.

That is the point. It is not TFCD.

BTW, when are you free to shoot? I'll give you all you want.

Nice to read you again on the frorum old friend.

Quote Originally Posted by jdredd View Post
    she can demand what she wants, there is nothing wrong with that... but i would have done the same thing.

this isnt TFCD.. she is being paid for her time to model. nothing more, nothing less.

Yes she is a beautiful (and popular) no doubt. I believe TS can further negotiate with her to allow him to give her 20 of her fav pic in jpeg. There is a feature in camera which enables Raw+jpg as one press the shutter release button. Delete the raw off the comp (remember to clear the trash bin pls).

Also, if one is not paid for the pictures, he should not feel obligated to even do DI for the pic. The DI version could be posted online in low res and these will be the images she would have to pay to own the prints.

All i can say the situation now is an incomplete negotiation. I am sure she is a great model to work with.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast